Player Discussion Rick Nash VI

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
i agree...but Silvferberg, Vatanen and Rakell...if it is all 3...would be pretty big value imho. its probably better value than we got for Gabby.

I doubt you get one of them, let alone 3. If it was all 3 you fax the paperwork before Bob Murray realizes he's drunk dialing people.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Nash's cap hit for a top end defenseman does make sense though, especially when you can take another one of your defenseman (Staal) and start flipping for parts that are ready to break out.

If the centerpiece of succeeding trades are:
Kreider for Vatanen
Staal for Nuchushkin
Brassard for Barrie
Nash for (Craig) Smith

You're improving both the offense and the defense by trading opposite/different dimensional parts to other teams.

I'm fine with Nash for a top pairing Dman as long as he is a real top pairing not a Marc Staal or Dan Girardi type top pair Dman. I just do not want to trade a near all star level player for a few mediocre players. I do want to trade Nash. I just want either cap room, draft picks, top end prospects or a very good potential all star in return. The worst thing we can do is take back mediocre players who will add up to 6-9 mill in cap room.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I doubt you get one of them, let alone 3. If it was all 3 you fax the paperwork before Bob Murray realizes he's drunk dialing people.

if its only 1 of the three then id want a lot more in terms of draft picks...and id still be fine with the deal.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Nash (3.3 retained) and Klein for Barrie, McGinn, 1st, top-4 RD prospect...

... McGinn hasn't been on Colorado for over a year. How can you propose trades that supposedly are realistic/address teams needs if you don't even know who is on those teams?

McGinn was traded to Buffalo last year. This year Buffalo traded him to Anaheim at the deadline AND now he's a UFA, so no one will be trading for him.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
nash would be perfect fit for any of the west coast teams that play that bigman power speed game. he's big, he still moves well and he has a resume. we all know he plays small, looks sluggish usually and has lived off that resume for over a year now. hopefully someone doesnt agree.

the ducks, the sharks and the kings. all these teams could very well play for a cup next season. adding nash makes sense especially with him having only 2 yrs remaining. he's exactly the type of player that looks attractive to a team not rebuilding and feeling they are close but maybe 1 player away.

thats where hell end up. out west.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
nash would be perfect fit for any of the west coast teams that play that bigman power speed game. he's big, he still moves well and he has a resume. we all know he plays small, looks sluggish usually and has lived off that resume for over a year now. hopefully someone doesnt agree.

the ducks, the sharks and the kings. all these teams could very well play for a cup next season. adding nash makes sense especially with him having only 2 yrs remaining. he's exactly the type of player that looks attractive to a team not rebuilding and feeling they are close but maybe 1 player away.

thats where hell end up. out west.

He also holds a lot of trade value due to the ability to expose him in the expansion draft, which some other teams might find attractive since they may only have to have him for 1 year

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
6/1/16 | Elliotte Friedman writes that there is a lot of "smoke" around the Rangers and that they will be "interesting to watch." (Sportsnet)

Friedman says that it sounds as if there is "legit interest" in Rick Nash, who has 12 teams he can be traded to, and is someone who can make a "big difference" if he's healthy." (Sportsnet)

Friedman also wonders if Nash is more valuable to a team with two-years left on his contract rather than one. (Sportsnet)

https://www.sny.tv/rangers/news/there-is-a-lot-of-smoke-around-the-rangers-right-now/181471756

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'm just really interested in who is on his 12-team list.

I'd be willing to bet the Debbies and Fishies are on the list. Essentially making it a 10-team list in practice. The Rangers might have to sell him on the direction of the team, and giving him a shot at a cup, to get him to open up his list a little bit. I think the key is getting him moved before he submits his new list after he's had time to figure out who would want him.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I'd be willing to bet the Debbies and Fishies are on the list. Essentially making it a 10-team list in practice. The Rangers might have to sell him on the direction of the team, and giving him a shot at a cup, to get him to open up his list a little bit. I think the key is getting him moved before he submits his new list after he's had time to figure out who would want him.

I dunno, it seems plausible that Nash wouldn't include those teams on the assumption that it's highly unlikely the Rangers would trade him there in any case. Plus if it did end up happening, he wouldn't have to move very far.

EDIT: Just realized it's 12 teams he CAN be traded to. Nevermind.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
i think hell go out west for sure. doubt well do something within the conference.

my top 4 destinations would be

kings
stars
ducks
sharks

i could see a good fit for those 4 especially with dallas.

you add nash to tyler seguins wing and that would be pretty dangerous.

a deal built around nichushkin and a pick would make sense.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I dunno, it seems plausible that Nash wouldn't include those teams on the assumption that it's highly unlikely the Rangers would trade him there in any case. Plus if it did end up happening, he wouldn't have to move very far.

EDIT: Just realized it's 12 teams he CAN be traded to. Nevermind.

Yeah. With that being the case, I imagine the list is loaded with most or all of the Metro, a couple of playoff-contending rivals in the Atlantic, and then the 2 or 3 teams he'd actually want to go to. San Jose probably being one of them.

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
I don't really care what the return is as long as there is a mid to high 1st(s) involved. The young guys on the team are the ones that need to make up for Nash's goals - Kreider, Miller, Step, now Buchnevich. Gotta live and die with this group and set yourself up for at least a chance at getting some young high-end talent in the pipeline.

Last edited:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
i think hell go out west for sure. doubt well do something within the conference.

i don't think NYR'd rule out a highest bidder if in the Eastern Conf
and i don't know if he'd be willing to go west, he's an Ontario boy

one thought of mine has been Ottawa,
if they really want to change the locker room,
but go for it while Karlsson is peaking,
and try to be team that brings the Cup back to Canada

bring together Ontario buddies Nash from us(?Zibanejad +?),
and Thornton (Ryan?)
to complement their young F's (Stone, Lazar, Hoffman, Pageau, Turris, Chiasson)

go on tell me I am crazy, actually we all are

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
i don't think NYR'd rule out a highest bidder if in the Eastern Conf
and i don't know if he'd be willing to go west, he's an Ontario boy

one thought of mine has been Ottawa,
if they really want to change the locker room,
but go for it while Karlsson is peaking,
and try to be team that brings the Cup back to Canada

bring together Ontario buddies Nash from us(?Zibanejad +?),
and Thornton (Ryan?)
to complement their young F's (Stone, Lazar, Hoffman, Pageau, Turris, Chiasson)

go on tell me I am crazy, actually we all are
I think it's pretty unlikely he signs off on a trade to a Canadian team. He'd prefer to go to a market that isn't hockey-first, I'd think. I think he said no to Ottawa specifically in 2012.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I don't really care what the return is as long as there is a mid to high 1st(s) involved. The young guys on the team are the ones that need to make up for Nash's goals - Kreider, Miller, Step, now Buchnevich. Gotta live and die with this group and set yourself up for at least a chance at getting some young high-end talent in the pipeline.

Yea need a first and a good young forward that steps in now . Eat a 1 Ye crap contract for need be

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
that's a joke, i hope

old guys for old guys is not what NYR need

Only way to dump Girardi IMO. Scuderi's a UFA after this season.

I think Gaborik can be effective in his late 30's - I don't think playing Sutter hockey suits his playing style - he'd be great with AV.

Plus in my proposed deal the Rangers are getting picks and prospects. (Adrian Kempe?)

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I think theres one thing that really should be said. Despite all of Nashs shortcomings or perceived lack of production, whether real, otherwise, or explainable due to circumstances beyond his control (injury, luck, etc)...most of us can agree that Nash has always been a class act here. He's never shied away from taking responsibility and he works his ass off all 200 feet of the ice. if and when he gets traded, we will be worse off for it...both on the ice, and off the ice. hes always seemed like a great guy to me...someone who actually tried hard despite getting paid, and having his NMC...never really noticed him oaf around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad