Dreger: Rick Nash unsure if he will play next year, will not sign july 1st

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Shocking that Nash is going to retire early... Mr. Oblivious will be a much better hockey player retired instead of wasting everyone's time and money.

Bye cya later

How dare he potentially accept a contract someone else offered.

Reactions: shello

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Even though he announced this, the Jackets have tabled an offer to him according to Portzline.

The Blue Jackets have touched base with some of the top talents on the market. Sources told The Athletic they made a contract offer to Rick Nash before Nash informed NHL teams that he would wait to decide on playing in 2018-19 and beyond. They also made contact, sources said, with representation for James Van Riemsdyk, who had 36 goals for Toronto last season.

Free Agency: Expect Blue Jackets to play it safe when the...

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Friendly reminder the Bruins gave up a 1st + for this guy lol
Everyone else had good things to say about him or wish him well but a few choose to go low, some fans - I dunno, oh wait a sec your bio says proud leaf fan

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Looks like he's retiring, or at the very least taking some time off

I'd assume taking the high road means that he could've easily gotten hurt a few games in and then collected LTIR money.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Portzline speculated that his decision on whether or not to retire comes down to how much Columbus is willing to offer and how likely they are to make a playoff run this year.

It's pure speculation though so take that for what it is worth.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Nash still has loads to offer in this league and will be a great addition to whatever team he signs for.

I would love him back in at NYR. He was a great servant to the organisation and still would be a perfect role model for the younger players.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
The guy has played 16 seasons and over 1000 games?
Why is anyone surprised he's considering retirement?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad