Dreger: Rick Nash unsure if he will play next year, will not sign july 1st

Jan 21, 2018
JVR:

giphy.gif

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If I recall correctly, the hit that took him out of the playoffs for the Bruins wasn't really a huge hit. It's one thing when you get freight trained. When you're going on the shelf for run of the mill contact, it's time to hang them up.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
That's too bad if he calls it a career now, I've always enjoyed watching him play and have some great memories as a kid of him playing for the Knights.

If it's health related that sucks, but totally understandable.

Mr. Met

Nov 8, 2017
I'm sure theres a job somewhere in hockey for him if he decides to hang up his skates

Reactions: Guerzy

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I mean I'd rather have 50 million and be able to do what I want with it than have 60 million and be medically incapable of leaving my house alone.

Solid, if underwhelming career if he hangs them up this summer. These playoffs really summed him up for me, you watch him and keep asking yourself: "how does he not have a hat trick already?", but the hat trick never comes.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
All code for: I'm going to wait for the smoke to clear and sign with a contender once I've seen their roster filled out. I mean, could you see him take the first few months of the season off to focus on his health, then decide to come back into the picture around January or February on a full tank to sign with a Pittsburgh, Boston, or Tampa? Spend time with the family, relax, keep in shape but no contact. Then come on in for the big score in June!

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
+1000 games in the NHL, 1x Rocket, WC gold, Olympic gold, tens of millions in his bank account. It's not a bad time to hang em up if health is a concern.

Reactions: Fixxer

Blackmon

Mullet
Jun 23, 2018
Cambridge Bay, NU
I was a huge Rick Nash fan in his early days with Columbus (also enjoyed watching him play in London). Kinda sad to see this news. It’s good to see a guy prioritizing his health though. There’s so much life to live after these guys retire, and CTE just isn’t worth the risk for guys with concussion histories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad