Rick Nash interested in joining CBJ front office

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I understand that people may not agree but I do not understand how people think this is bitter or respond with Wow. Is what I said not true?

Absolutely not true. He never sold his Columbus house. Regardless of his wife being from here, he didn't move back here just because of her.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
So you have no answer. Nice.

Nash still lives in the Columbus area and recently reorganized the basement, so there’s space. He also cleaned the garage. Asked if he has begun hunting for antiques, he issued a denial (albeit not a firm one).

“We just got a new water heater we’ve been needing for years,” he said.

Nash is embracing his newfound normalcy. He started playing hockey as a little kid and, technically speaking, he just stopped last week.

He had 805 points in 1,060 games with the Blue Jackets, Rangers and Boston Bruins. (McLaren is a 33 percent fan of each team, Nash said.) He won a world championship and two Olympic gold medals with Team Canada. He was a wingman on an international shutdown line with Jonathan Toews and Mike Richards. That line was a bear. Ask Alexander Ovechkin.

“It’s over,” Nash said. “I’ve come to terms with it. I’m OK with my decision. I’m excited to spend time with my family. We’ve had this house since the Vancouver Olympics (2010) and now it’s time to make it more of a home.”

Nash had lucrative offers. He could have extended his career just about as long as he wanted. “The best odds, by far” were on his chances of getting another twirl in Columbus, where he says he will live the rest of his life.

Michael Arace | Rick Nash finds there's life after hockey

“It’s about my family now and giving my kids the best life I can provide them.
“I’m in a good place. I’m in the city that I love. I have my kids, they’re healthy, and that’s No. 1 in my life. Sure I miss it, but I’m more worried about my health and getting back to 100 percent. You can’t put a price on that.”

Rick Nash waiting for concussion symptoms to fade before he...

Your turn, buddy boy.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Ok so maybe he actually likes Columbus. I've been wrong before. Does that qualify him for a job with the CBJ? He still asked to leave the team.
And can we leave the name calling on the school yard?

I still want to know where your proof is, or how you arrived at your conclusion.

As an executive? No. As a team ambassador? Absolutely. Was Jody Shelley qualified for his job when he got it? No.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I still want to know where your proof is, or how you arrived at your conclusion.

As an executive? No. As a team ambassador? Absolutely. Was Jody Shelley qualified for his job when he got it? No.

The only "proof" I have is being married and knowing that he would end up where his wife's family lives. Same with Jody. Big difference between Jody and Rick is that Rick asked to be traded while he was captain. To me he burned his bridge to the CBJ when he did that, but as I am not part of the team it doesn't really matter what I think.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Not bitter, just don't like the fact that the guy left the org and moved back here because of his wife and now he wants a job to tell people how good the org is.
Or maybe, just maybe, he moved back here because he wanted to be here regardless?

Seriously, you're acting like a bitter ex here. It's embarrassing.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
You ever wonder why there are so few people posting on CBJ board? It's because of posts like this. You guys drive people away. I guess that's ok if you only want people that agree with you.
I don't mind disagreement by itself; I just take issue with when it's poorly argued without supporting evidence. We've got multiple reports in this thread of his wanting to stay here because he wants to be here; heck, he was spending offseasons here even while he was on the Rangers, and unlike many others who "bugged out" here he steadfastly refused to say anything bad about the city at any point despite many media folks actively baiting him into doing so. Your counterargument has consisted of "but trade request" over and over as though it somehow acquires new meaning with each repetition. That's not a rational argument; that's "This one thing happened and I refuse to let it go". Thus the "bitter ex" comment.

Given that his stated reasons for that request were to make the team better since he couldn't do it himself (which was true, and undoubtedly a very bitter pill for him to swallow), and given that, y'know, that's exactly what happened, I don't see any reason to continue to be bitter.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I don't mind disagreement by itself; I just take issue with when it's poorly argued without supporting evidence. We've got multiple reports in this thread of his wanting to stay here because he wants to be here; heck, he was spending offseasons here even while he was on the Rangers. Your counterargument has consisted of "but trade request" over and over as though it somehow acquires new meaning with each repetition. That's not a rational argument; that's "This one thing happened and I refuse to let it go". Thus the "bitter ex" comment.

Given that his stated reasons for that request were to make the team better since he couldn't do it himself (which was true), and given that, y'know, that's exactly what happened, I don't see any reason to continue to be bitter.

Enjoy your board with the same 5 people. I'm out.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I think we all can agree there are bigger problems in the world than arguing over Rick Nash. Regardless of any reasons why he wanted to leave before, he lives here now and this team can use anyone who can help them grow in the league. I personally might think Adam Foote and Jeff Carter would be full of sh*t if they said that but everyone has their own limits of belief. Either way, I respect others opinions because everyone is allowed to have them.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Enjoy your board with the same 5 people. I'm out.
Dude. Nash did not just force his way out with callous disregard for the team ala Foote or Carter. He more than paid his dues. And he does live here. And he has lived here. There’s no arguing that. Be pissed all you want, it’s your prerogative. But imo you’re being pissed for a dumb reason and, yes, you do sound like a bitter ex. Totally cool if that’s how you want to react to this news, but just don’t be surprised when people respond to you with incredulity and, more damning still, facts.

Reactions: Nanabijou

99 CBJ

Mar 7, 2009
Columbus
Nash was the face of this franchise for years and if he wants to come back as a mouthpiece I welcome him with open arms. If he and the team think he can help bring in free agents because of his like/love for the city it's their money not mine. But there was no way that I wanted Nash back on this team as a player because of the way he left.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You ever wonder why there are so few people posting on CBJ board? It's because of posts like this. You guys drive people away. I guess that's ok if you only want people that agree with you.
I agree with all your posts on this situation but know not to post about them because you will get junped on. If you would have mentioned RyJo and how lazily left the team and we are.better off with Jones you would have hit the school yard name calling speed round where everyone has 24hrs to quote and berate you and winner gets noral high ground for the day.

Ive had to stay out majority of the last games becaause every topic is just about how even though we were 1 game away from clinching we need to fire all management and restructure the team and even though it was like 90% we make it it seemed like majority of the talk was about how we dont deserve to make it/we wont make it/making it means nothing because we are being swept.

Takes all the fun out of watching when the people you want to talk hockey with which is why you come here just want to shit all over what is going awesome for the team right now.

Lets go Jackets!!!

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I agree with all your posts on this situation but know not to post about them because you will get junped on.

Yes, you will be jumped on with facts if you are incorrect. You are free to provide your own to prove you are correct. Cause, ya know, that's how debates go.

Reactions: Viqsi

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Dude. Nash did not just force his way out with callous disregard for the team ala Foote or Carter. He more than paid his dues. And he does live here. And he has lived here. There’s no arguing that. Be pissed all you want, it’s your prerogative. But imo you’re being pissed for a dumb reason and, yes, you do sound like a bitter ex. Totally cool if that’s how you want to react to this news, but just don’t be surprised when people respond to you with incredulity and, more damning still, facts.

Another example of why I will not post here any more after this. I'm fine if people disagree but I don't like the name calling.
I agreed that he might like Columbus and that I could be wrong about that point but you guys keep bringing that up and name calling.
This board has never been welcoming to me and I assume others. I come here because I am not local and to connect with other CBJ fans. This minor incident is the last straw. I know nobody cares but I am done posting and reading here, just like so many before me, so enjoy the board with the same 5 people. Ask yourself, why are there so few people posting on the CBJ board?

Reactions: mikeyp24

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I agree with all your posts on this situation but know not to post about them because you will get junped on. If you would have mentioned RyJo and how lazily left the team and we are.better off with Jones you would have hit the school yard name calling speed round where everyone has 24hrs to quote and berate you and winner gets noral high ground for the day.
That has more to do with the fact that folks are sick and tired of relegislating that particular debate. It was But Karlsson before But Karlsson was a thing.

* * *​
Another example of why I will not post here any more after this. I'm fine if people disagree but I don't like the name calling.
I agreed that he might like Columbus and that I could be wrong about that point but you guys keep bringing that up and name calling.
Apologies for that in my case; that may have been going a bit far.

That said, the topic of discussion is about a guy that the majority of folks here still have a tremendous amount of respect for, despite the circumstances of his departure from the active roster. It's not going to go over well if someone comes in and insists that he's a dishonest villain through and through - particularly when zero additional information is presented, and the reiterations are made with an overall tone of snide dismissiveness ("This is laughable", "And you know that because..." "So you have no answer"). If you're going to challenge a majority opinion, be prepared to take a hit or two regardless - and for G-d's sake, at least make your case intelligently. You won't win over the jerks in any case, but the rest of us will at least listen to a well-argued case, even if we still end up disagreeing in the end.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Yes, you will be jumped on with facts if you are incorrect. You are free to provide your own to prove you are correct. Cause, ya know, that's how debates go.

This board has never been welcoming to me and I assume others. I come here because I am not local and to connect with other CBJ fans. This minor incident is the last straw. I know nobody cares but I am done posting and reading here, just like so many before me, so enjoy the board with the same 5 people. Ask yourself, why are there so few people posting on the CBJ board?

I'm not sure how welcoming a message board can be. I've been here a while. I don't post massive amounts. I live in Columbus and I've never met anyone on this board in person that I am aware of. I come here to discuss hockey. I agree with some people, I disagree with some people. It happens. However I don't believe anything posted on an internet board is worth getting angry about. It's not like we are discussing politics or religion or anything like that. We all cheer for the same team. It is bad enough we have little respect across the league. We shouldn't fight among ourselves either. Can we stop :deadhorse and just prepare for the playoffs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad