Rick Nash interested in joining CBJ front office

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Would be a good move. Let bygones be bygones, and he has some draw from other players. I welcome him to the organization if he wants it.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
thats honestly the best thing that could happen for the club. lots of great franchise have former legend in their management and even if people don't like or recognize it Nash is the legend of columbus short history.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
He can't wait to sell players on the franchise??? Hahahaha. From a guy that requested to be traded. He was the captain and he abandoned his team! I would pass.
I think he requested a trade during times of extreme fan and organization pressure... I think he did it to let the organization and fans move on past his star image...

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Nash has a home here. He is definitely welcome in my opinion to work for the team. He only asked out of Columbus after giving 9 years of himself. The futility may have got to him Carolina.

Reactions: Robert

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
This is laughable. He didn't want to be in Columbus do he requested a trade.
He didn't want to play for a team that was a flaming dumpster fire at the time. He spent most of his last 2 years playing for Scott Arniel and had to deal with Jeff Carter a a teammate. It doesn't get any lower than that. He never moved out of Columbus. He has always maintained a home here in the offseason and is a member at Scioto Country Club. His brother also lives here in Columbus and teaches some hockey classes at the Chiller.

I firmly believe him that he intends to spend the rest of his time here in Columbus and if he ever wanted to potentially play for a winner it needed to be somewhere else. Looking back I don't blame him. I'll be far more forgiving of him than I will be of Panarin who clearly doesn't want to be here.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Everything said one way or another.... Rick is a very quiet and reserved guy (I've actually been around him once or twice during his playing days). I'm not sure what he would do in our organization.. Media?? Scout? Coach? Salesman?

Who knows... This I do know, he was our first star and apparently still lives in C-bus and likes the city... A great family man..

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
thats honestly the best thing that could happen for the club. lots of great franchise have former legend in their management and even if people don't like or recognize it Nash is the legend of columbus short history.

Like the Oilers!....oh wait...

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
In management I have no interest in Nash. he had a leadership position and quit. That's all I need to know. he would have to earn that right back. His leadership as a captain while here was not impressive (not vocal, lead by example but he wasn't going the extra mile - like optional skates).

Now to use him in recruiting or scouting that is fine. But management. No. You want leaders in management and I want the smartest guys in the league not an ex player.

Reactions: Fairwhether

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
He didn't want to play for a team that was a flaming dumpster fire at the time. He spent most of his last 2 years playing for Scott Arniel and had to deal with Jeff Carter a a teammate. It doesn't get any lower than that. He never moved out of Columbus. He has always maintained a home here in the offseason and is a member at Scioto Country Club. His brother also lives here in Columbus and teaches some hockey classes at the Chiller.

I firmly believe him that he intends to spend the rest of his time here in Columbus and if he ever wanted to potentially play for a winner it needed to be somewhere else. Looking back I don't blame him. I'll be far more forgiving of him than I will be of Panarin who clearly doesn't want to be here.

His wife is from Columbus. That's why he kept a house there and that's why he's back. Now he wants a job so he doesn't have to sit around and watch Oprah all day. So his brother lives in Columbus, not sure what that has to do with anything. Do those reasons qualify him a job with the CBJ? No. He abandoned his team while he was captain.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
See both sides of the argument. I don't care one way or the other.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
They'll either make up a role or give him a Tyutin/Boll roll. Which I don't know what it really is, but they get a check and maybe hang around Nationwide.

Fairwhether

Jan 4, 2018
Exactly what traits has he demonstrated that indicate he would be good in management? Any player that's been in the league longer than 5 years is a NHL hockey technical expert. Giving retired players a chance at using their expertise on the hockey side (scouting, coaching) of the operation makes sense. The business side of a hockey team requires a different skill set.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Everything said one way or another.... Rick is a very quiet and reserved guy (I've actually been around him once or twice during his playing days). I'm not sure what he would do in our organization.. Media?? Scout? Coach? Salesman?

Who knows... This I do know, he was our first star and apparently still lives in C-bus and likes the city... A great family man..

Espen Knutsen was just insulted and nobody came to his defense.

I know plenty of good people, that I wouldn't hire to work for the CBJ.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
His wife is from Columbus. That's why he kept a house there and that's why he's back. Now he wants a job so he doesn't have to sit around and watch Oprah all day. So his brother lives in Columbus, not sure what that has to do with anything. Do those reasons qualify him a job with the CBJ? No. He abandoned his team while he was captain.
Bitter much?

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
Wow, a lot of people still harboring some resentment towards Nash. If the CBJ management thinks there is a role for Rick to play in the organization, then they will hire him. If not, they won't. Nothing to see here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad