Confirmed with Link: Rick Dudley Leaves Canadiens to Join Carolina Hurricanes

HerculePoirot

Mar 9, 2012
Sometimes I do really wonder who you people are. Who cares how he dresses?

There is a certain amount of psychology involved with dressing, for example how a person wants to be perceived. Just wanted to bring this up. Plain bashing has nothing to do with analyzing anything though.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

What a self-serving crap statement.

Bergevin "took a bit of a beating this year"? No, he took a major beating from everyone. How is that not obvious.

"He didn't deserve it" says Dudley. Really? Are we going to take the advice of one of MB's best friends, who got handsomely paid and a senior advisor, contributed significantly to where the team is at now?

"I just wish I could have helped more." Then why didn't you? You who has GM experience and has handled all facets of a GM's job. Maybe you put too much emphasis on making obscure road trips, spending an inordinate amount of time in small town arenas while holding a senior management position -- isn't that the stuff of lower ranked scouting personnel? From what I've seen other organisations do, senior personnel only attend certain games at critical junctures, they let their scouting people do most of the legwork. Are you sure you did your job? Or, worse, was that really your job?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
What a self-serving crap statement.

Bergevin "took a bit of a beating this year"? No, he took a major beating from everyone. How is that not obvious.

"He didn't deserve it" says Dudley. Really? Are we going to take the advice of one of MB's best friends, who got handsomely paid and a senior advisor, contributed significantly to where the team is at now?

"I just wish I could have helped more." Then why didn't you? You who has GM experience and has handled all facets of a GM's job. Maybe you put too much emphasis on making obscure road trips, spending an inordinate amount of time in small town arenas while holding a senior management position -- isn't that the stuff of lower ranked scouting personnel? From what I've seen other organisations do, senior personnel only attend certain games at critical junctures, they let their scouting people do most of the legwork. Are you sure you did your job? Or, worse, was that really your job?
Da foxhole is deep...really deep.
Glad Duds is gone...

Let's hope there are more good changes incoming....

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Raise your hand if you were expecting Rick Dudley to throw Marc Bergevin under the bus

Reactions: BLONG7

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Dudley: I wish I could’ve helped more

MB: On a more personal level, since I became an amateur scout in 2005, Rick has not only been a valuable advisor and confidant, but also a great friend I could always count on. Canadiens would not be replacing Dudley within their management group

Sounds like he did sweet f*** all if you don’t need to replace him, just another in the long line of MBs Friends and Family Make-Work-Program

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Bergevin is at the service of his men. 2 years ago, he was waiting on Lefebvre to make his mind 'cause he didn't want to lose the guy who kept losing in the AHL. Now...he wanted Dudley back but Dudley had to tell him that it was time to go. Bergevin is emotionnally dependant....

You have to think that the convos always ends by...."It's not you Marc, it's me...".

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Dudley: I wish I could’ve helped more

MB: On a more personal level, since I became an amateur scout in 2005, Rick has not only been a valuable advisor and confidant, but also a great friend I could always count on. Canadiens would not be replacing Dudley within their management group

Sounds like he did sweet **** all if you don’t need to replace him, just another in the long line of MBs Friends and Family Make-Work-Program
The Country Club does seem to be going through some changes, much needed changes.

Reactions: dralaf

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Waddel and Dudley the architects of the Atlanta Trashers.
That's not entirely fair to Dudley. Dudley did a lot of the building for the 04 Lightning cup win and was turning around the Thrashers until they moved.

Waddell on the other hand...I'm quite surprised he still finds work.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Don't get too excited just yet, the foxhole has many connected tunnels, other good friends may be on the way.
I don't mind that Bergevin likes to hire his friends and he's not the first GM in this league to have done that. I just wish he had better qualified friends. I mean, why couldn't he have been Larry Robinson's friend instead of JJ Daigneault's friend?

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
FWIW if Dudley is in such demand...he's probably not as bad as people think. He's rarely unemployed and he was let go from Atlanta/Winnipeg after ownership change despite getting Ladd and Buff.

When Dudley joined the Habs several posters me included thought that it was brilliant mind joining the Habs. He helped build the Hawks and upgraded the Trashers before going to Winnipeg.

But strange how by going to the Habs, nothing much happened. If I recall the Habs made three clear good moves, signing Prust, getting Jeff Petry and Dale Weise. I wonder how involved he was in those. And it's not like they are stellar moves anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad