Confirmed with Link: Rick Dudley Leaves Canadiens to Join Carolina Hurricanes

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Are you sure about that? Dudley was the one who found Marty St Louis and I heard from some other people he was the one who found Byron.

I haven't heard or seen that, but congrats to him if he did bring in Byron. Oh and I read that he was responsible for the Tyler Biggs selection in the 1st round of 2011 by Toronto.

Reactions: Et le But

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
I don't pretend to know much about Dudley but he seems like a hockey lifer. Why wouldn't he be considered a valuable part of an organization? Not everyone needs to be a fresh face, every organization should have a myriad of different opinions. He has a ton of experience at every level of hockey management.

I would rather Dudley personally than having a guy like Lapointe. What has he done to merit being near the top of the organization?

This is probably Dudley seeing the writing on the wall in MTL. Bergevin is in a tough spot and any hiccups next year by the team and he is probably gone.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I wonder how involved Dudley was in the Subban trade? It had to be dinosaur thinking, no new age hockey mind would make that trade. Hell, the analytics guy was so against it he quit after.

Unfortunately, it sounds like Savard was too.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dudley's come a long way ...

29g3lb.jpg

Reactions: LaP and groovejuice

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
If ya look around the NHL , teams like Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh don't have a "senior vice president of hockey ops"...

The Blackhawks do - Al MacIsaac

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Vegas has one !

lol..makes ya wonder...maybe they are not filling the position for a reason...why put a new guy in there for a 3-4 year contract, when Bergy could be fired within 1 year....maybe that's the thinking here.....If there is a new GM he'll hire his own guy etc...not get stuck with Bergevin's old guy etc...

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Sometimes I do really wonder who you people are. Who cares how he dresses?

Because no one really understands how dressing well will get us a true #1 center.

Unless MB is trying to seduce the other GMs hes in the wrong business.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Hopefully it's a managerial position if he is hired, wash some of the stink surrounding Bergevin and grooming him to be the eventual replacement.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Makes sense with MB in charge, the weight room means everything!

At first I was going to ask why the hell Rick Dudley is having a press conference - but now I just wanna know why he's talking about how much he can bench press lol

Montreal media with hard hitting questions again I guess lol (or is this Carolina media - why the hell is Rick Dudley having a press conference!!! lol)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hopefully MB can work out a trade with the Canes, move up to 2nd for the 3rd and something. Dudley will know our players and prospects, maybe he likes someone enough to push the Canes to get him. One can hope.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Not on the hot seat?? You live in denial don’t you
Guess you missed the presser where Molson Interjected the whole time
No playoffs, bergy done

The reason Bergy is not on the hot seat is cuz Molson agreed with all those moves he made!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad