Youtube: Richards vs Dubinsky

Chuck Lefley*

Subban should learn from mike richards? :nod:

Ha ha ha....good one.

Looks like that loudmouth punk Richards was taught some "respect" by Dubinsky.

Also, Pierre McGuire is a total clown..."that's leadership".

Yeah, Richards really changed the tone of the game Pierre..the score was 2-0 when the fight happened and they pumped 5 more past the awesome tandem of "Bobby Boucher".

TheLowKreider

Aug 4, 2009
Well he isnt much of a fighter him self. But on t.v he called out people who whine toomuch,and he is one of those guys i just see talking all the time,and going after the star players. I think its time for him even if its just a middleweight to step up and fight one.

Dubinsky is on pace for more than 50 points despite missing a few games due to injury. He's not simply a fighter or a middleweight like Prust is. He's important to the Rangers offense as well as on the penalty kill. Him and Richards have a little rivalry going. He called out Crosby for whining which 90% of hockey fans think he does. There's no freaking way I want him trying to fight a goon. Why put yourself in the penalty box and get your ass kicked in the process?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mike Richards doesn't take his visor off:

(my personal favorite)

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Dubi is alittle punk. Only fights guys like Richards,Crobsy and ovi`s of the leauge. When will this sad excuse of a hockey player step up and fight a fighter?

Why should he? He is a welterweight and fights people his size. He isn't some scrub or good, so he needn't waste his time fighting scrubs or goons.

1. He has never fought Crosby
2. Ovechkin jumped Dubinsky, kind of hard to avoid that. Plus AO has 23 pounds on him and Dubi still won.

If Richards can't handle a guy Dubinsky's level, he simply shouldn't drop the gloves.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Why should he? He is a welterweight and fights people his size. He isn't some scrub or good, so he needn't waste his time fighting scrubs or goons.

1. He has never fought Crosby
2. Ovechkin jumped Dubinsky, kind of hard to avoid that. Plus AO has 23 pounds on him and Dubi still won.

If Richards can't handle a guy Dubinsky's level, he simply shouldn't drop the gloves.

Dubinsky has 20 pounds and 2 or 3 inches on Richards.

mytor4*

Has Dubi been in the league long enough to give him that type of beating.
Don't you have to be in the league a little longer before your allowed to disrespect a guy like Richards in a fight?:sarcasm:
Dubi better be carefull or he'll get a P.K. label attached to him.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
win to dubinsky...but richards is still a better player

That 2nd part couldn't be any more irrelevant to a fight thread.

Dubinsky can throw em ok for someone who doesn't really fight much. But more importantly he's good for sticking up for teammates.

Jray: maybe an inch tops, and maybe about 10 - 15 pounds. Richards' visor should help make up for the difference.

It was an ok tilt, a decision to Dubi but I wouldn't have called it a beat down personally.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
He should stop picking on players his own size.

A: Dubinsky is bigger than Richards.

B: It isn't like Richards is known for going around and fighting small players, nor is he a big, strong guy himself. He fights guys around and above his weight. He lost a fair fight to Dubi. Good on Dubinsky, but that's not a reason to imply that he is some bully that finally got his comeuppance. There's just no basis in fact there.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
Ha ha ha....good one.

Yeah, Richards really changed the tone of the game Pierre..the score was 2-0 when the fight happened and they pumped 5 more past the awesome tandem of "Bobby Boucher".

You mad? Or are you just happy to see a Ranger do what your Habs can't?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Ha ha ha....good one.

To be fair, if Richards wins that fight, I think it does change to momentum in the game. Hell, even if Richards loses that fight, but they're in Philly I think it changes the momentum of the game. Dubinsky's reaction stopped what Richards was trying to do. Dubi showing some leadership of his own.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
A: Dubinsky is bigger than Richards.

B: It isn't like Richards is known for going around and fighting small players, nor is he a big, strong guy himself. He fights guys around and above his weight. He lost a fair fight to Dubi. Good on Dubinsky, but that's not a reason to imply that he is some bully that finally got his comeuppance. There's just no basis in fact there.

Two inches and 15 pounds. Far from a big advantage.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
Two inches and 15 pounds. Far from a big advantage.

That's the listed weight yeah. Look at them next to one another one the ice. You can see the size difference. Dubinsky isn't Chara or anything, and certainly a reasonable enough opponent for someone Richards size, but there's a real legit advantage there.

Do you have any response to the other comment I made (the main point of my post above)?

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
To be fair, if Richards wins that fight, I think it does change to momentum in the game. Hell, even if Richards loses that fight, but they're in Philly I think it changes the momentum of the game. Dubinsky's reaction stopped what Richards was trying to do. Dubi showing some leadership of his own.

I hadn't really thought of it like that. Good point.

Has Richards won a fight in the last 2 years?

One versus Matt Cooke. Other than that I don't think he's had any decisive victories, no.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
That's the listed weight yeah. Look at them next to one another one the ice. You can see the size difference. Dubinsky isn't Chara or anything, and certainly a reasonable enough opponent for someone Richards size, but there's a real legit advantage there.

Do you have any response to the other comment I made (the main point of my post above)?

No, because I never claimed Richards was a bully. I'm a Richards fan and would take him on my team any day.

Nekz

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 8, 2007
New York
Man I love the Dubinsky-Richards rivalry they have going on. Always entertaining. Not sure about all this hate towards Richards though, even as a Rangers fan. Win or lose, throwing down the gloves earns respect.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Richards: Uh oh, it's Duby. Better keep the visor on this time. *visor gets torn off* Oh no! What do I do now, Master?

Splinter: Turtle power!

FanHabtic*

Honestly i think Richards just isn't a fighter anymore...He rarely fights anymore and it shows in battles like today.

Richards is all mouth. Take your ****ing visor off you whiner!! Good to see a true old school guy like Dubinsky own a wannabe like Richards. To think he called out Subban... :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad