Youtube: Richards vs Dubinsky

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
Do you even know how to write a proper sentence in English? Let's not look at the spelling mistake first?

There shouldn't be a question mark in the second sentence.

How many fights does Richards have thus far including this one as a veteran? 2.

How many fights does Subban have a rookie? 5.

Who's more scared?

Not sure where you're getting these numbers from.

Richards. Subban.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
How many fights does Richards have thus far including this one as a veteran? 2.

How many fights does Subban have a rookie? 5.

Who's more scared?

I don't know. All I know is that Richards didn't whine about Subban. He publicly said something a lot of people agree about. Then he backed it up by trying to fight Subban a number of times in their next meeting all of which Subban declined. Is Subban scared of him, meh, I don't know. All I know is that Richards was willing to do more than talk, so it's not exactly just "whining".

Am I gonna trust my eyes or some website?

Matt Cooke ended that fight getting pounded in the face and clinging on for life. Saying Cooke drew in that fight is like saying Richards drew the other night against Dubinsky. ********, he lost.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
What he did was the definition of whining. And Richards hardly went after Subban. They had one minuscule little scuffle. Richards clearly wanted to fight Dubinsky but conveniently left his visor on. That's the type of ******* he is.

As for Subban... for all this talk about Subban getting his. Still waiting...

It wasn't a staged fight. It's not like there was tons of time between when he knew Dubinsky wanted to go and when they finally started going to take it off. He let Dubinsky get up, dropped the gloves and started going. He's taken his helmet off in enough fights prior to this that it should be a non-issue and accepted as something he has shown he is willing to do. You're grasping at straws.

I never talked about Subban getting his. I didn't bring him up, you guys did. But since you asked, he can't exactly get his if he spends two periods avoiding a confrontation with Richards.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I don't know. All I know is that Richards didn't whine about Subban. He publicly said something a lot of people agree about. Then he backed it up by trying to fight Subban a number of times in their next meeting all of which Subban declined. Is Subban scared of him, meh, I don't know. All I know is that Richards was willing to do more than talk, so it's not exactly just "whining".

Am I gonna trust my eyes or some website?

Matt Cooke ended that fight getting pounded in the face and clinging on for life. Saying Cooke drew in that fight is like saying Richards drew the other night against Dubinsky. ********, he lost.

You can trust your eyes all you want, but the majority of people felt that fight was a draw on a very well respected hockey fight website.

Another website ( hockeyfights.com ) had the fight pretty even as well. Around 40 percent in favor of Richards, 38 percent in favor of Cooke, and the rest felt it was a draw.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
You can trust your eyes all you want, but the majority of people felt that fight was a draw on a very well respected hockey fight website.

Another website ( hockeyfights.com ) had the fight pretty even as well. Around 40 percent in favor of Richards, 38 percent in favor of Cooke, and the rest felt it was a draw.

I think you're missing the point here. I don't care how many Pens fans on "site x" think Cooke won (or how many voted for Richards either for that matter). I can actually watch the fight and decide for myself. If you don't do any real damage during the fight, and it ends with the refs coming to help, while you're on your knees getting filled in, you lost.

acapps10

Apr 8, 2008
Really is nothing I like seeing more these days than Dubinsky laying the hammer down on Richards.

straka91*

i was disappointed in Richards performance. Thought he would of given a solid effort. I was wrong.:(

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I think you're missing the point here. I don't care how many Pens fans on "site x" think Cooke won (or how many voted for Richards either for that matter). I can actually watch the fight and decide for myself. If you don't do any real damage during the fight, and it ends with the refs coming to help, while you're on your knees getting filled in, you lost.

I think you're the one missing the point here.

It's great that you have an opinion, but the majority of the opinions says the fight is a draw, hence the need for fight-sites like dropyourgloves.com to weigh out all the opinions to determine the winner.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
I think you're the one missing the point here.

It's great that you have an opinion, but the majority of the opinions says the fight is a draw, hence the need for fight-sites like dropyourgloves.com to weigh out all the opinions to determine the winner.

When the results of a poll of a group of people largely disagree with the obvious reality of a situation, the value of that poll to me (and anyone else with a brain) is precisely jack ****. Soooooo............

That poll is worth jack ****. Savvy?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
When the results of a poll of a group of people largely disagree with the obvious reality of a situation, the value of that poll to me (and anyone else with a brain) is precisely jack ****. Soooooo............

That poll is worth jack ****. Savvy?

And your perception of reality is obviously different than others.

For the record books, Richards hasn't won a fight since the 2007-2008. In your estimation, he's one once. In either case, it shows that Richards is not a very good fighter.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
i was disappointed in Richards performance. Thought he would of given a solid effort. I was wrong.:(

Richards should have never fought at that moment.

First rule is never get into a fight at the end of your shift. Richards had been on the ice for over a minute, and had already taken three runs at Rangers players. He was gassed.

Add in that he's fighting a much bigger man and the result was expected.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
And your perception of reality is obviously different than others.

For the record books, Richards hasn't won a fight since the 2007-2008. In your estimation, he's one once. In either case, it shows that Richards is not a very good fighter.

There are some things that just aren't that subtle as to be open to varying perception or interpretation. The sky is up, the ground is down, and Matt Cooke lost that fight.

Richards is not a good fighter, that is correct. He is a good player that fights.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
My thoughts exactly.

You can't call that leadership. Sure he was willing to drop them, but he is wearing a visor while Dubinsky isn't. He got it handed to him anyways.

If it means anything - Richards is captain of a very good team and Dubinsky is... not. That means a hell of a lot more than who won the last fight. Funny how so many posters in this thread that hate Richards are fans of a team the Flyers have recently tuned up in the playoffs. (habs..) I'd say the same thing about the rags but then you've got to make it to the playoffs first.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
After the Booth hit and seeing him turtle after losing his visor, Richards has no right to call out anybody for having disrespect for other players. Leadership my ass. Can't believe I was actually once a fan of Richards.

You still can be. This non-leader captained his team back from a 3-0 series deficit last season plus conference title, so there must be something he's doing right while wearing the C. Not to mention the laundry list of accomplishments since he came into the league. I've already provided a list of videos of fights where he takes off his visor - one of which includes Dubinsky. He even got Matt Cooke to take off the visor. Maybe stop being a little less self-righteous?

Richards is all mouth. Take your ****ing visor off you whiner!! Good to see a true old school guy like Dubinsky own a wannabe like Richards. To think he called out Subban... :shakehead

No offense dude, and I once saw that Subban's way, but Richards is one of now a group of players who called Subban out in the media, so maybe he's the one who should take the hint.

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
There are some things that just aren't that subtle as to be open to varying perception or interpretation. The sky is up, the ground is down, and Matt Cooke lost that fight.

Richards is not a good fighter, that is correct. He is a good player that fights.

Agreed. Richards has barely fought this year, so he is out of practice. We don't even really want him fighting, we have other players to do that. lolshelley :laugh:

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
... like 20 people have already said that...and you call that destroyed? lol

I hope you're not trying to imply that it was a close fight... it was maybe for about 5 seconds, early on.

I get the point that you're getting tired of people bashing Richards for being a ***** and wearing a visor while fighting, and you should expect to hear that forever, but that fight wasn't close at all.

BamBamCam*

Man I love the Dubinsky-Richards rivalry they have going on. Always entertaining. Not sure about all this hate towards Richards though, even as a Rangers fan. Win or lose, throwing down the gloves earns respect.

There's no real hate, it's just Hab fans hating on him for the Subban comments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->