Youtube: Richards vs Dubinsky

FanHabtic*

A: Dubinsky is bigger than Richards.

B: It isn't like Richards is known for going around and fighting small players, nor is he a big, strong guy himself. He fights guys around and above his weight. He lost a fair fight to Dubi. Good on Dubinsky, but that's not a reason to imply that he is some bully that finally got his comeuppance. There's just no basis in fact there.

No one is implying that Richards is a bully. But its clear he is anything but old-school. Fighting with a visor on against a guy without? :shakehead

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
After the Booth hit and seeing him turtle after losing his visor, Richards has no right to call out anybody for having disrespect for other players. Leadership my ass. Can't believe I was actually once a fan of Richards.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
With the two players involved, you thought they would have just cried to the media after the game instead of fighting.

Clyde Donovan

Nov 29, 2009
Philly
Richards is all mouth. Take your ****ing visor off you whiner!! Good to see a true old school guy like Dubinsky own a wannabe like Richards. To think he called out Subban... :shakehead
Hiding behind a visor is almost as bad as Subban's act of hiding behind the refs all the time.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Dubinsky ahead 3-1 now. Taken the last 3 rounds.

Anyway not to take anything away from Richards--he is a gritty and talented player who always plays consistently hard--but in this fight he tucked his head pretty much giving Dubinsky nothing to hit but visor--that is excepting the uppercuts. No doubt that Brandon has a size and reach advantage but Richards wanted the fight and leaving the visor on in this case looked pretty cheap.

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Dubinsky was just breaking into the league the first time they fought, and lost. Since then, the fights have been tilting more and more Dubinsky's way. After this last one, I'm not sure Richards is going to want to drop the gloves with Brandon again.

HVPOLARBEARS19

Nov 17, 2005
NY
As a Ranger fan, I have absolutely no problem with what Richards did. The Flyers looked flat and he tried his best to get the team amped up and change the momentum.

I know he wears a visor and ended up turtling, but Dubinsky is a pretty strong player and is an under-rated fighter when he fights people of similar size (I know he is bigger than Richards, but they're relatively similar...not like he was fighting St. Louis or a guy the size of Boogaard).

This was a completely legit fight, way, way better then when 2 heavy weights just randomly decide to go off the face-off with no context to the game.

Richards and Dubinsky clearly hate each other, which is awesome, because they are both very talented, important players. I don't see what the problem is here, or why people are flipping out...I hate Mike Richards (because he's a Flyer, I'll be honest here), but that was good, entertaining hockey all around, regardless of the visor factor, which happens all the time.

And, for the poster that said that Dubinsky is a little punk, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. The Rangers were whooping the Caps when he fought Ovechkin because AO took a massive run at Dubinsky, and then Dubinsky took him down (for the record, I really had no problem with AO's hit either). Dubinsky calls players out (like Crosby), but then backs it up. He's also not a cheap player, and will usually fight his own battles too. I always am surprised to see people hate Dubinsky so much...if your team had him, you'd love him (just like I'm sure I'd love Richards if he was a Ranger...which I'll admit :) )

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
Richards is all mouth. Take your ****ing visor off you whiner!! Good to see a true old school guy like Dubinsky own a wannabe like Richards. To think he called out Subban... :shakehead

He called Subban out. That's right. When they played again Subban did nothing about it. So Richards took runs at him for the first two periods of that game. Subban did nothing about it. No one on your team did anything about it. And that is because they're softer than warm butter. Sit down, man.

Richards has taken his visor off before the majority of his fights. Turtling when it's pretty clear doing otherwise is only going to get your face filled in some more is not cowardly, it's common sense. You concede the victory and play another day. At the end of the day you wish you had a player on your team like Mike Richards, whether you're smart enough to know it or not.

Last edited:

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
As a Ranger fan, I have absolutely no problem with what Richards did. The Flyers looked flat and he tried his best to get the team amped up and change the momentum.

I know he wears a visor and ended up turtling, but Dubinsky is a pretty strong player and is an under-rated fighter when he fights people of similar size (I know he is bigger than Richards, but they're relatively similar...not like he was fighting St. Louis or a guy the size of Boogaard).

This was a completely legit fight, way, way better then when 2 heavy weights just randomly decide to go off the face-off with no context to the game.

Richards and Dubinsky clearly hate each other, which is awesome, because they are both very talented, important players. I don't see what the problem is here, or why people are flipping out...I hate Mike Richards (because he's a Flyer, I'll be honest here), but that was good, entertaining hockey all around, regardless of the visor factor, which happens all the time.

And, for the poster that said that Dubinsky is a little punk, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. The Rangers were whooping the Caps when he fought Ovechkin because AO took a massive run at Dubinsky, and then Dubinsky took him down (for the record, I really had no problem with AO's hit either). Dubinsky calls players out (like Crosby), but then backs it up. He's also not a cheap player, and will usually fight his own battles too. I always am surprised to see people hate Dubinsky so much...if your team had him, you'd love him (just like I'm sure I'd love Richards if he was a Ranger...which I'll admit :) )

I actually like the way Dubinsky goes about his business. Isn't too polite to say what he thinks, but isn't going around stirring ****, but isn't taking any either.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Although Richards is a big mouth punk who I love seeing getting slapped around like that, I have more respect for him than Subban who goes around slew-footing people, and belongs in the class of the Crosby's in the league in terms of real *****es.

At least Richards actually fights, despite the fact that he gets his ass beat.

FanHabtic*

He called out Subban and when they played again Subban did nothing about it. No one on your team did anything about it. Your team is softer than warm butter. Sit down.

He didn't call out Subban. He whined about Subban. He was like a little child complaining about big bad Subban calling him names. Richards was a total whiner and you know it!

FanHabtic, Richards has taken his visor off before the majority of his fights. Turtling when it's pretty clear doing otherwise is only going to get your face filled in some more is not cowardly, it's common sense. You concede the victory and play another day. At the end of the day you wish you had a player on your team like Mike Richards, whether you're smart enough to know it or not.

Richards left the visor on because he was scared. And make no mistake, i would love to have a player "with the talent" of Richards on my team. But i can do away with the whining and lack of class that Richards demonstrates on a regular basis.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
And Richards wants these fights just as much as Dubi. Maybe you should tell Richards to smarten up and not fight a bigger man?

Why not? Richards had a go and took his lumps. So he lost, I'm sure he knew that it was a possibility when he decided to go. It was a fair fight and he got the worst of it.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
He didn't call out Subban. He whined about Subban. He was like a little child complaining about big bad Subban calling him names. Richards was a total whiner and you know it!

Richards left the visor on because he was scared. And make no mistake, i would love to have a player "with the talent" of Richards on my team. But i can do away with the whining and lack of class that Richards demonstrates on a regular basis.

You don't ask for fights with players you're scared of. It wasn't exactly his first time at the rodeo. Richards isn't the only person to note that Subban is an arrogant *****. What he did isn't whining, particularly when he tried to get Subban to drop them for forty minutes the next game. He was willing to back it up. Subban declined multiple times.

FanHabtic*

You don't ask for fights with players you're scared of. It wasn't exactly his first time at the rodeo. Richards isn't the only person to note that Subban is an arrogant *****. What he did isn't whining, particularly when he tried to get Subban to drop them for forty minutes the next game. He was willing to back it up. Subban declined multiple times.

What he did was the definition of whining. And Richards hardly went after Subban. They had one minuscule little scuffle. Richards clearly wanted to fight Dubinsky but conveniently left his visor on. That's the type of ******* he is.

As for Subban... for all this talk about Subban getting his. Still waiting...

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
How many fights does Richards have thus far including this one as a veteran? 2.

How many fights does Subban have a rookie? 5.

Who's more scared?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad