Value of: Rhs Dman to Calgary

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
All I'm saying, is Dumba isn't that great defensively. If you are looking for someone to be that defensive anchor, you are going to want to look elsewhere.

Well not "be the stalwart", ive watched him play and have heard from multiple friends who watch most of the Western games, hes okay defensively and can hold his own, but he also has a scoring prowess, which im looking for someone who can play on the 2nd line with Hanifin and i think they would make a good pair

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Well not "be the stalwart", ive watched him play and have heard from multiple friends who watch most of the Western games, hes okay defensively and can hold his own, but he also has a scoring prowess, which im looking for someone who can play on the 2nd line with Hanifin and i think they would make a good pair

If you are looking for offense, and believe he can regain the form of two years ago... he'd be a good catch.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If you are looking for offense, and believe he can regain the form of two years ago... he'd be a good catch.

Not even two years ago. He was on pace for 31 goals and 57 points through 32 games last season before he got injured. At the beginning of this season he was still feeling the aftermath of said injury, be it soreness, stiffness, conditioning, whatever. Now he's been playing a lot better lately, points haven't been coming as much because he's probably mentally off from the poor start to the season. That, and most of the team is pretty bad offensively this season apart from Fiala.

As far as the defensive side, he's never going to be great, but part of that comes with the territory of being a top offensive guy. You see it with Burns and Karlsson (note: I'm by no means saying Dumba is that level of player) and others like them. But if you're looking for a guy who play a shutdown role, it won't be Dumba.

I have no doubt he can rebound next season with a full offseason of rest, being healthy, and a good camp. I wouldn't be opposed to moving him, but if we're not getting a top 6 center back, there's no reason to move him, especially right now.

Reactions: Fogelhund

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Shocked Flames not ponying up for Deangelo, who isn't cheap but fills the bill and, while he'll wanna be paid sooner than later, is a rfa.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Flames are not allowed to resign Brodie, Jets need him :p
I feel like a lot of teams would have interest in Brodie because of how valuable smooth skating 2 way d are and the fact that he can play both sides. Plus he’s only 29.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Shocked Flames not ponying up for Deangelo, who isn't cheap but fills the bill and, while he'll wanna be paid sooner than later, is a rfa.
The flames have lots of defensemen. Valimaki and Giordano are both injured but will be back soon. Ponnying up for an expensive dman would be a huge mistake. If anything, they should have brought in Stone or look for a legit top 6 rw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad