Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Still need to make a trade?

Sounds like the party is over.

Montour + Sheary/Vesey for

Janks(1.9M/in for cap this year)
+ 1st 20
+ Prospect?(pick 3 of our intriguing prospects and we can arrange it)
+ 3rd 20
+ 3rd/2nd/1st 21(3rd that turns into a 2nd if we resign Vesey/Sheary or make the Semifinals, turns into a 1st if we make the Semifinals and resign)

???

I'd be interested. Sheary is small and fast, can be tenacious but also is going to be cleaning the ice with his chest a lot. Vesey is strangely good at xGF on Buffalo but the bloom is off in their PK system compared to his work in NY and of course he isn't going to be a guy who burns up the ice with or without the puck. The wheels are not there for that.

I like Jankowski in the realm of needing centers going forward and the rest of the package almost makes up for what they moved to get Montour in the first place. Might need to be tweaked and of course, Buffalo would likely get less because their GM is a toolbox full of rocks, but I'd be interested.

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
What if i could offer you the current ranked 20th best defenseman in the league (by nhl.com) who is the 16th highest scoring D right now? He's a right hand shot who has always played the right side.

And you could have him at 2.75 aav this year and next.

As a bonus it's a guy your biggest rival drafted and gave up on.

What would that be worth to you?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
What if i could offer you the current ranked 20th best defenseman in the league (by nhl.com) who is the 16th highest scoring D right now? He's a right hand shot who has always played the right side.

Why would you do that? Who exactly replaces him in the lineup?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
3 dmen: while Smith is adequate as an emergency 7th guy who prefers right but shoots left and can play either side, at this pt he is a 4LW offering grit only.
However, if I'm taking Lucic, regardless of what else is involved, the other side is taking Smith --- w or w/o retention depending on cap specifics and other aspects of the deal --- but Smith is going.

As to what I gather is a counter offer, please clarify, it was too muddled to understand.

Only 2 1st round picks go to Rangers, in my deal, NY can pick one at the draft and Calgary can pick one at the draft(so NY will aim for the highest pick, while Calgary would try giving up their lowest, both teams get to choose 1 of the picks) so if we were to make the Finals our pick would be 30 or 31st so NY world want to push it forward, but then Calgary would say "this is the 1st round pick we're selecting to give to you" and then next year we absolutely fall off the cliff and get a top 10 pick(NY would obviously pick this pick) and leave us with our 2022 1st Round pick(where we give up a 3rd round to NYR for not getting the 1st that year)

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Sounds like the party is over.

I'd be interested. Sheary is small and fast, can be tenacious but also is going to be cleaning the ice with his chest a lot. Vesey is strangely good at xGF on Buffalo but the bloom is off in their PK system compared to his work in NY and of course he isn't going to be a guy who burns up the ice with or without the puck. The wheels are not there for that.

I like Jankowski in the realm of needing centers going forward and the rest of the package almost makes up for what they moved to get Montour in the first place. Might need to be tweaked and of course, Buffalo would likely get less because their GM is a toolbox full of rocks, but I'd be interested.

Well the reason i want a RHD that plays an all around game is for our 2nd line instead of Hamonic, mainly for the future, not Gio injury.
The Hainsey pick up would be for Gio's injury, since we've seen him eat minutes in Car and Tor.

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
Why would you do that? Who exactly replaces him in the lineup?

By the time we're any good ? Fleury, brooks, him or another ufa? Draft one with multiple first round picks in a deep draft? who cares? Derniere for Lafreniere!!!!

We keep him to squeeze into a wild card spot next year and lose him for nothing after a first round exit? F that..

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
There is an amazing option that solves your needs but apparently he's too good or too important to a bottom 10 team to trade. Won't even dream up an offer. Never change hf .

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Please no. If the Flames are trading anything more than a LD, they should be targeting a much bigger hole on the roster, the top RW position.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
if a depth defenceman is still needed hainsey could be had for a 4th. If calgary needs us to retain/take a contract back we would need a plus in the deal

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

Still need to make a trade?

For a young ish rhd yes especially for next season while we lose some right side guys as in Hamonic is most likely gone and depending on what Brodie wants i would resign him but wouldn't bet on it.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

And what exactly are you looking for Petry? Im not giving up a 1st unless he has that 50% retention. But what else is needed? Can we do Hamonic + 1st 20 + ? For Petry at 50%?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
For a young ish rhd yes especially for next season while we lose some right side guys as in Hamonic is most likely gone and depending on what Brodie wants i would resign him but wouldn't bet on it.

Sure, but that usually isn't the type of transaction that you do, during the approach to deadline, overpayment period. Probably best to do that over the summer.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
You're about to try and tell me why your opinion about Manson's availability holds more weight than direct quotes from NHL GMs, and that's really dumb. So let's just agree to skip that and move on Ducksgo.

It’s not actually dumb. We heard the same stuff before Vatanen and Montour got traded. Now look where they are are. What’s dumb is you not reading people’s posts thoroughly, and responding with inaccurate replies.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Sure, but that usually isn't the type of transaction that you do, during the approach to deadline, overpayment period. Probably best to do that over the summer.

Yeah well if we bring in a rhd like Montour or Dumba that are youngish and reliable defensively, we could improve on our 2nd line of Hanifin-Hamonic(Dumba/Montour replaces him) and we can trade Hamonic to recoup some of the cost, if we were to wait until the summer we wouldn't be able to trade Hamonic and it'd cost just as much to get the rhd, they'll have some time this season to get to know the team so they don't start in a funk. I have my reasons for the looks of a rhd.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
TOR in: Anderson, Bennett
TOR out: Kapanen

CGY in: Savard, Kapanen
CGY out: Monahan, Bennett

CBJ in: Monahan
CBJ out: Savard, Anderson

It's an interesting deal from the Toronto perspective, but if they are making a move, it really needs to be for a RHD.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Im just using them as examples of who id target, like what are your needs? Lindholm? Id guess?

All I'm saying, is Dumba isn't that great defensively. If you are looking for someone to be that defensive anchor, you are going to want to look elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad