Rumor: RHD Oliwer Kaski signs an ELC?

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Hopefully Chevy is in on this. With the likelihood of a Trouba trade and Myers leaving as a UFA, May as well take a shot at a prospect in a position of need.

Last edited:

77Stormbreaker

Apr 30, 2019
Couple dudes on twitter saying its columbus, but they dont seem to be like big time insiders or anything.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Kaski is currently playing for Finland in the pre-Worlds tournament, which suggests he has a contract.

I think that earlier in the thread someone suggested it wouldn't be till after the Worlds that we learn where he's going. I'm not sure why that would be the case, but the May 1 date that some speculated would be the time for the big reveal has come and gone.

Does the continued secrecy imply that it's a team still in the playoffs that has won the Kaski sweepstakes?

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Kaski is currently playing for Finland in the pre-Worlds tournament, which suggests he has a contract.

I think that earlier in the thread someone suggested it wouldn't be till after the Worlds that we learn where he's going. I'm not sure why that would be the case, but the May 1 date that some speculated would be the time for the big reveal has come and gone.

Does the continued secrecy imply that it's a team still in the playoffs that has won the Kaski sweepstakes?

I think he himself commented somewhere that he wanted to focus on the tournament first.

Reactions: lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Aaron Portzline one of them (i think he is pretty big name)

The only comment from Portzline that I saw was that Columbus was one of the interested teams. Did you read something that went beyond that?

Incidentally, Kaski had one of Finland's goals in their 3-1 victory over Russia today.

Last edited:
Reactions: teddygmr

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I really hope the Ducks are in on this. We have a pretty decent situation for a guy to come into with a good mix of opportunity and support that he wont be asked to do too much right off the bat.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Just wanted to say that Kaski shoots around 7 times per game @Liiga. There were some games late in the season where he shot 12+ times within 60 minutes.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I really hope the Ducks are in on this. We have a pretty decent situation for a guy to come into with a good mix of opportunity and support that he wont be asked to do too much right off the bat.

I don’t think Anaheim Ducks are getting em. Anaheim Just signed a one way contract with Jani Hakanpaa who’s also RHD.

Who is leaving defensively on this roster when the d pairings are filled.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Pelicans was eliminated early in the Liiga playoffs. I'm pretty certain he could've signed at any point between them being eliminated and now.

He was at EHT this weekend and on WC team next week.

Reactions: teddygmr

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's a chance for non-NHLers to raise their value and increase the amount of teams interested.

That makes sense to me, though I would have thought that Kalski would be an exception, as he's reported to have multiple teams interested already. He'd clearly be taking a risk -- his value could go up, or he could be injured and see that NHL pay check disappear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad