Rumor: RHD Oliwer Kaski signs an ELC?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
With Weber, Petry and Juulsen back healthy, I dont think he signs here. Especially not with Brook coming up as well.

Juulsen is a question mark with his injury history and Brook will probably spend the year in the AHL. Definitely need PP help. Bergevin loves his depth dmen.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Juulsen is a question mark with his injury history and Brook will probably spend the year in the AHL. Definitely need PP help. Bergevin loves his depth dmen.
I'm 100% sure Montreal will be after him. But I seriously doubt he considers Montreal with all the competition in the right side.

Just being realistic.

Reactions: Draft

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Would likely be a team still in playoffs, no? Could be a really nice “free” asset if Jets are trading Trouba at the deadline.

Edit: Missed that he wouldn’t be playoff eligible, duh

Would still be up with the practice squad they just called up from the Moose. Gives him the rest of the playoffs to work with the team and then training camp. Makes him ready for next season

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
6-3, smooth skating, lots of points, RHD, shootout goals and a grand hockey hair.What is not to like?

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
While i absolutely loved him on my team last season, he still has a lot of things to improve, mainly in the defensive zone.

He played as a forward during some shifts in the past playoffs.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
damn announce it already!
If I’m a player I go to the weakest right handed team....

To me that’s Vancouver...

Tanev has another 1-2 years max left and that if he doesn’t get traded... Canucks have Woo who’s at least 1-2 years away... Stetcher is the only long term player.... the right side is wide open....

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If I’m a player I go to the weakest right handed team....

To me that’s Vancouver...

Tanev has another 1-2 years max left and that if he doesn’t get traded... Canucks have Woo who’s at least 1-2 years away... Stetcher is the only long term player.... the right side is wide open....

Stars only have Klingberg on the right side as a sure thing for next year. All the other spots on RD are completely up for grabs. Polak and Lovejoy are older UFA's who probably won't return and more 3rd pairing guys anyway , Johns missed the whole season with a concussion issue so who knows if he can actually come back at all , Honka has been terrible and is likely gone and our prospects there aren't exactly highend either .

The top 4 spot on Dallas next to either Heiskanen or Lindell ( whoever Klingberg doesn't play with ) is up for grabs for anyone half decent and the third pairing spot is pretty open as well.

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
what about the Orca of Vancouver ?
Vancouver's pitch to him could be "Join us and you're basically a guaranteed top pairing RHD." At least top 4. I don't think any other team can offer that... because no other team has as bad of a defense squad as Vancouver and as little depth on the right side. Tanev is the only other top 4 D on the right side. And then the depth is Stetcher... and... Woo in a few years? Yeah, the right side is open.

Of course the question is would he want to play on such a weak team? Maybe he thinks they're on the come up and he can be a big part of it? Or maybe he wants to win a cup and signs with Tampa. We'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->