Rumor: RHD Oliwer Kaski signs an ELC?

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Hoping the Stars can nab this guy. Polak, Fedun, and Lovejoy are all UFAs. Honka is a bust. Johns has been out all season with an injury. The only right handed guy signed next season is Klingberg.

Reactions: SuperSaiyanSTARS

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
I truly doubt it

Well, Oilers have need for PM RHD, their PP was struggling, they need room below cap and could move Benning. Kaski could earn 2/3 RD spot easily on that roster and play PP with great forwards.
I can’t see why Oilers wouldn’t be in discussions unless Kaski or GMKG are not interested at all. There are other teams needing RHDs almost as badly so we will see.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Kaski played with Griffin Molino and Colt Conrad who are both with the Marlies right now, if he signed with the Leafs he'd have no problem fitting into that group since he already knows a few guys.

That said we just added a bunch of RD to the roster (Hollowell,Rasanen,Duszak) so I doubt we get him.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's close to a week since the original story came out of Finland, and still nothing has been confirmed. Was it an erroneous report? Is there a reason a team would need to keep the signing covered up for the time being?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It's close to a week since the original story came out of Finland, and still nothing has been confirmed. Was it an erroneous report? Is there a reason a team would need to keep the signing covered up for the time being?

Teams are weird around playoff time - they tend to not announce things like signings or minor trades so that all of the focus can be put on the playoffs.

Reactions: lindgren

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Teams are weird around playoff time - they tend to not announce things like signings or minor trades so that all of the focus can be put on the playoffs.

So that means he signed with a team currently still in the playoffs ?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So that means he signed with a team currently still in the playoffs ?

No, it could be any team. I don't really know why teams do it, it's not like it really takes a ton of attention away from anything.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site

Most euro league contracts end on May 1st. There should be some signings at that point.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I was under the assumption he has played on NA ice already.
Yes you are correct. But that was 4 years ago with Michigan University and he didn't really light things up. He was also a minus 3 and all this in bacically one season.

Approx 30 games. So although he has some mino experience on NA ice, he better get back in the grouve fairly quickly to avoid being another KHL footnote.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad