Rumor: RHD Oliwer Kaski signs an ELC?

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
So what does he look like Ahl bound or Nhl ready? I guess we have to see how Steve runs things now. So many exciting things going on.

myzteriouz

Dec 4, 2011
Can't seem to find any information that he is?

Me neither...His Dad Olli is totally Finnish, and his Mom, Bia, while the name isnt really Finnish, she seems to be born here also, perhaps a Swedish speaking Finn seeing how Oliwer went to a swedish speaking school? But he’s a pure Finn

Christien

May 1, 2010
Still deciding

The Detroit Red Wings are in the mix for a skilled Finnish defenseman and have a good chance of landing him, according to his agent.
Oliwer Kaski, a mobile, offensive-minded defenseman with good size (6-3, 187), will decide on his team shortly.
His agent, Todd Diamond, told MLive on Monday that the Red Wings “are under strong consideration and one of the finalists. Obviously, they have a very good chance. But we’ll finalize it in the next couple of days.”

vivalavili

Jan 8, 2016
Helsinki
Nothing spectacular. Can't really see why this is threadworthy here. Younger than some AHL plug and/or the cost control aspect of undrafted Euros.
He is something else. Kaski finished sixth in the in points this season and scored 19 goals as a defenseman. He is also perfectly viable in his own end and still quite young. I wouldn't be that surprised if he was able to convert his game to the NHL and score >40 points in his peak years.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
He is something else. Kaski finished sixth in the in points this season and scored 19 goals as a defenseman. He is also perfectly viable in his own end and still quite young. I wouldn't be that surprised if he was able to convert his game to the NHL and score >40 points in his peak years.
So he is nothing but a promising prospect. Maybe very promising. But let's not be surprised until we are. The Finnish hype train is the heaviest and fastest as it is, that's a bit of an accomplishment actually, no immediate need to add to the choo-choo.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
He's not. His mother has lived her entire life in Finland, first in Toejoki and then in Lyttylä, where her parents live. This from her old blog page which sort requires updating badly. ;)
I like it when their hockey is better than their comms skills. (Then you have edge cases like Jesse. Don't know if he can be helped. Collateral.)

ijuka

May 14, 2016
So he is nothing but a promising prospect. Maybe very promising. But let's not be surprised until we are. The Finnish hype train is the heaviest and fastest as it is, that's a bit of an accomplishment actually, no immediate need to add to the choo-choo.
Highest point totals for a defenseman since Brian Rafalski 20 years ago, at the age of 23.

He's pretty much the #1 euro RHD UFA.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
He's half Polish.
That's for a really narrow, like 13th century definition of Poland. They've moved a lot, in and out. They used to be fierce in the early Middle Ages
images

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
(The wings of the winged hussars had a function, countering the lassos of the faster riding mongols, and making a terrible sound. But this was common knowledge.)

Reactions: lindgren

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Highest point totals for a defenseman since Brian Rafalski 20 years ago, at the age of 23.

He's pretty much the #1 euro RHD UFA.
So I'll get excited next year then. Lindell took his time, now he's solid. [Nobody cares about one brainfart. Not for long. If it doesn't last.]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad