OT: Reviews of the 'tailgate party' down at Maple Leaf Square

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
Was there yesterday at 5pm and all I can say is that it was such a great atmosphere. Had a really awesome time watching the game and being surrounded by real fans. Aside from the crappy food/beer prices, it was an amazing experience. For those wondering about the home games, they will be doing this for every game in the series.

Its an absolute must to go check out.

If anyone says Toronto fans are quiet you need to go here.

EDDIE20*

Was at my local pub last night having a few after the game. There were a few people from TO who in town for business. They started a GO LEAFS GO chant in the bar. Let's say it wasn't exactly appreciated here in Ottawa....;)

I'd love to be down there to soak in the atmosphere. Speaking to them last night, they said the city was vibrant and you could really feel it downtown.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Was at my local pub last night having a few after the game. There were a few people from TO who in town for business. They started a GO LEAFS GO chant in the bar. Let's say it wasn't exactly appreciated here in Ottawa....;)

I'd love to be down there to soak in the atmosphere. Speaking to them last night, they said the city was vibrant and you could really feel it downtown.

There is a buzz for sure, a lot more Leaf jerseys and gear seen on people around the city, not too crazy yet, it's going to get even crazier if we can move on to the next round though. The atmosphere at MLSQ has been amazing though! I haven't been down there yet but from watching the vids, it looks like a lot of fun.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
I was there last night, I give it 10/10.

Anyone who doubts that Toronto has the best fans in the world needs to check out Maple Leaf Square. The level of enthusiasm, energy, and celebration among the fans was comparable to a Stanley Cup game in any other NHL city, or a soccer World Cup game. I have been to outdoor concerts, and Maple Leaf Square was louder last night than any outdoor concert I've ever been to.

Needless to say, I'm going to try and make it back down for every game!

HarryB

Sep 8, 2010
Did they have speakers for the play by play, if so could you hear it over the crowd?

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
I was there, amaaaazing atmosphere!
Everybody absolutely lost it when the Leafs scored goals, not to mention the goal horn going off and turbulence playing along with a confetti blast!!!
The only thing that sucked is standing for so long, but after the game all the Leafs fans went crazy, all the cars were honking for us, it was quite amazing!

Me and my buddies ran from the ACC to the CN tower waving our Leafs flags, I didnt have this much fun in a while, I recommend it for everyone.

She was just a bonus:
ey5fhr2jg6st1593pif2.jpeg

kfernandes29

Aug 16, 2005
Stupid question, but they're gonna have these for home games too...right? Gonna head down there tomorrow if they do.

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
I had the privilege of running from MLSQ to the CN Tower and back waving my Leafs jersey. Such a thrill when you are running with hundreds of fans and every car is honking to celebrate the win as well!

GO LEAFS GO

Sundinftw

Jan 22, 2011
Toronto
For those of you who went, what time do you recommend getting there by so that it doesn't fill up? Like 5?

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
For those of you who went, what time do you recommend getting there by so that it doesn't fill up? Like 5?

Me and my buddies have gone down for both games, we would finish drinking and arrive around 6:45 and have no problem getting perfect spots. At one point they stopped letting people into certain sections but you can always find your way in. Even if you don't get perfect spots, the screen is so big you can see it and hear it from everywhere.

LeafsFIO*

I don't know where you were but I was at St. Louis and when JVR scored, the whole place went nuts and Leaf fans went pouring into the street celebrating. Absolutely amazing that it was all Leafs fans in a pro-Ottawa bar with Habs fans for owners :laugh:

EDDIE20*

I don't know where you were but I was at St. Louis and when JVR scored, the whole place went nuts and Leaf fans went pouring into the street celebrating. Absolutely amazing that it was all Leafs fans in a pro-Ottawa bar with Habs fans for owners :laugh:

I was at D'Arcy McGee's here in Ottawa. Walked in with my Kessel jersey and got plenty of taps on the shoulder and people asking if the Leafs had won the game.

Sundinftw

Jan 22, 2011
Toronto
Me and my buddies have gone down for both games, we would finish drinking and arrive around 6:45 and have no problem getting perfect spots. At one point they stopped letting people into certain sections but you can always find your way in. Even if you don't get perfect spots, the screen is so big you can see it and hear it from everywhere.

Cool thanks a lot! See u there tomorrow I hope

LeafsFIO*

I was at D'Arcy McGee's here in Ottawa. Walked in with my Kessel jersey and got plenty of taps on the shoulder and people asking if the Leafs had won the game.

And there were no other Leaf jerseys? MacLarens, Louis and RealSports were all packed with Leafs fans on Saturday, not sure about other bars in downtown Ottawa but it was all Toronto fans pouring into the streets after the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad