Confirmed with Link: Reverse Retro 2.0: Return of the Pooh Bear

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

How many of those models do you think actually watch hockey?

Anyway, the Jets stand out to me, the old Jets logo with the modern light blue is great. I love the Sharks going for the Seals look and the Wild doing North Stars colors. LA's looks pretty sweet too. The Devils in Rockies colors is something startling, I'm surprised they went there.

Most of the rest are fine, but half of them don't look any different than ones we've seen before. Vegas' attempt at a faux retro was better than Seattle's.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Habs, Panthers and Caps are the best ones.

I'm all for the Caps bringing back the black jerseys and the eagle.

Also love that the Lightning are busting out peak 90s jersey

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I am generally underwhelmed by the jerseys. First, the NHL.com announcement didn't have clean pics of all of the jerseys. Second of all, most of the jerseys are borning.

I'm in the minority, I want nothing to do with the meth bear and don't like the Bruins jersey.

Sharks are my favorite, Kings are second, the Pens throwback is solid. I like the Detroit and Chicago retros. NJD and NYI were total failures. I can't believe the Stan Fischler logo is back.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Love the Kings..
I do too. It's my favorite of all the reverse retros, with the Wild and Bs being my next favorites.

The Rangers would be my top pick, but I'm not a fan of the lighter shade of blue. The navy blue Lady Liberty jersey is so flippin sharp. I have an original navy Lady Liberty Jagr jersey and it looks incredible. I still give the designers of the reverse retro NYR jersey props though for using that cool logo.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
I actually think these are awesome. The lighter colors are a much better look for the bear than the old yellow. I think the Bruins and Penguins might have the best jerseys out of the entire set

Reactions: Gee Wally

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
cut.png

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
How many of those models do you think actually watch hockey?

Anyway, the Jets stand out to me, the old Jets logo with the modern light blue is great. I love the Sharks going for the Seals look and the Wild doing North Stars colors. LA's looks pretty sweet too. The Devils in Rockies colors is something startling, I'm surprised they went there.

Most of the rest are fine, but half of them don't look any different than ones we've seen before. Vegas' attempt at a faux retro was better than Seattle's.
Agree with most of this. I also say the Oilers oil drop is both nearly unidentifiable and ugly. Blech. It stunk before and they made it slightly worse.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
They will be worn

Monday, Nov. 7 – St. Louis Blues, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 19 – Chicago Blackhawks, 7 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 25 – Carolina Hurricanes, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 29 – Tampa Bay Lightning, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 3 – Colorado Avalanche, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 31 – Buffalo Sabres, 1 p.m.

Reactions: Root and bbfan419

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
The majority of these retros are absolutely hideous. The ones I think are pretty good are: Boston, San Jose, Minnesota, LA Kings,

Bergy must really feel old now that he has had the privilege of wearing the original jersey that the retro is based on.
Glad they brought back the King's crown. They were the epitome of the saying bad team, good uniforms.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I hoped we would never see the pooh bear again, hated these jerseys. They aren't the worst The Ducks have that "honor"

Reactions: BlackFrancis

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
A is either just beautiful (St Louis) or a great representative of the program (Colorado)
Florida: what a great color, logo and template work with the program
St Louis: Great yellow jersey, hard color to pull off, design of a non NHL team from the area
Seattle: only change would be a different logo, but love the color block shades of blue, another non NHL team inspiration
Colorado: the perfect use of the program, taking their template and secondary logo, and using the colors and "theme" of a prior NHL team in Denver A+
San Jose: Same as Colorado, to a degree, would have preferred the shark logo in Oakland colors (like the Wild did last year)

B is good jersey, good with the program but missing one thing that would set it out
Calgary: would have used a red logo
Edmonton: feels like it needs more orange, still a good RR based on the program
Boston: would have swapped black for brown to match the bear head, but the white base looks 100000x better with the logo
Rangers: Red/White stripes at the hem please...
Philadelphia: Cooperalls lol, fun, actually would do silver from the 90s logo inside black on sleeves and hem
New Jersey, doesn't do enough to call out that its the Scouts jersey/colors with Devils logo, looks a bit like a color swap devils jersey to those not "in the know"

C is a good jersey that appears a little boring?
Montreal: Color swap from last year to powder blue, good color but boring
Winnipeg: its a good jersey, but winnipeg has used this design 5 different ways now for the last few years it seems
Buffalo: Is that goat head on the buffas lug template? go full goathead! and make it royal blue not white crest on white jersey
Arizona: I actually like this one alot, but its the same one as last time in a different color
Minnesota: Same as above, its the same thing, doesnt stand out like last time. rehashed idea Dallas: would have done the victory green with black shoulders, just looks like a regular stars jersey? still easy to look at
LA: love purple wherever its used, but too similar to recent kings throwbacks (see Winnipeg) Islanders: missed the change to go all in on that light aquamarine color, navy kills the effect (see rangers last time)

D is lazy design
Toronto: their jersey with white yolks, just lazy
Anaheim: white version of an existing jersey/color swapped old one, could have gone orange Anaheim wordmark
Ottawa: this is legit just an old jersey
Pittsburgh: again, just a retro not "reversed"
Washington: Again, its their jersey from the eagle era, why not freak everyone out and go bronze wordmark???
Chicago: missed the mark a little? idk seems a little boring

F is trash that deserves the trash bin...
Detroit: red and black is WIERD looks like a Chicago jersey that says Detroit, red, with white stripes and a red Detroit (reverse the 75th anniversary one) or pull from another Detroit or Michigan Hockey property.
Tampa: I actually give them credit for doing it, but holy shit is that thing hard to follow. do the lighting and waves, but take the rain effect away....
Nashville: they could have done a yellow and blue "Checkered Flag" one
Carolina: red version of their current roads. not retro at all, its just a new third jersey
Vegas: other than a bad wordmark jersey, really not sure what "retro" element they are calling to? they actually went into the regional hockey history for the last one.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
A is either just beautiful (St Louis) or a great representative of the program (Colorado)
Florida: what a great color, logo and template work with the program
St Louis: Great yellow jersey, hard color to pull off, design of a non NHL team from the area
Seattle: only change would be a different logo, but love the color block shades of blue, another non NHL team inspiration
Colorado: the perfect use of the program, taking their template and secondary logo, and using the colors and "theme" of a prior NHL team in Denver A+
San Jose: Same as Colorado, to a degree, would have preferred the shark logo in Oakland colors (like the Wild did last year)

B is good jersey, good with the program but missing one thing that would set it out
Calgary: would have used a red logo
Edmonton: feels like it needs more orange, still a good RR based on the program
Boston: would have swapped black for brown to match the bear head, but the white base looks 100000x better with the logo
Rangers: Red/White stripes at the hem please...
Philadelphia: Cooperalls lol, fun, actually would do silver from the 90s logo inside black on sleeves and hem
New Jersey, doesn't do enough to call out that its the Scouts jersey/colors with Devils logo, looks a bit like a color swap devils jersey to those not "in the know"

C is a good jersey that appears a little boring?
Montreal: Color swap from last year to powder blue, good color but boring
Winnipeg: its a good jersey, but winnipeg has used this design 5 different ways now for the last few years it seems
Buffalo: Is that goat head on the buffas lug template? go full goathead! and make it royal blue not white crest on white jersey
Arizona: I actually like this one alot, but its the same one as last time in a different color
Minnesota: Same as above, its the same thing, doesnt stand out like last time. rehashed idea Dallas: would have done the victory green with black shoulders, just looks like a regular stars jersey? still easy to look at
LA: love purple wherever its used, but too similar to recent kings throwbacks (see Winnipeg) Islanders: missed the change to go all in on that light aquamarine color, navy kills the effect (see rangers last time)

D is lazy design
Toronto: their jersey with white yolks, just lazy
Anaheim: white version of an existing jersey/color swapped old one, could have gone orange Anaheim wordmark
Ottawa: this is legit just an old jersey
Pittsburgh: again, just a retro not "reversed"
Washington: Again, its their jersey from the eagle era, why not freak everyone out and go bronze wordmark???
Chicago: missed the mark a little? idk seems a little boring

F is trash that deserves the trash bin...
Detroit: red and black is WIERD looks like a Chicago jersey that says Detroit, red, with white stripes and a red Detroit (reverse the 75th anniversary one) or pull from another Detroit or Michigan Hockey property.
Tampa: I actually give them credit for doing it, but holy shit is that thing hard to follow. do the lighting and waves, but take the rain effect away....
Nashville: they could have done a yellow and blue "Checkered Flag" one
Carolina: red version of their current roads. not retro at all, its just a new third jersey
Vegas: other than a bad wordmark jersey, really not sure what "retro" element they are calling to? they actually went into the regional hockey history for the last one.

Thing is the Caps jersey isnt their 90s jersey.

The Eagle was only on white or blue jerseys, the black jersey only had the US Capitol alternate logo. Also the black jersey back then had horizontal stripes, only the white and blue eagle jerseys had the diagonal waist stripe.

So really its perfectly done to the definition, its their retro jersey reversed to have the old 3rd jersey color template.

Capitals18.png

Reactions: Patdud and Alicat

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Thing is the Caps jersey isnt their 90s jersey.

The Eagle was only on white or blue jerseys, the black jersey only had the US Capitol alternate logo. Also the black jersey back then had horizontal stripes, only the white and blue eagle jerseys had the diagonal waist stripe.

So really its perfectly done to the definition, its their retro jersey reversed to have the old 3rd jersey color template.

View attachment 596419
Good call out!

Still don’t like it but now just because o don’t like it LOL

Reactions: BigBadBruins7708

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad