GDT: Revenge of the Bruins?|Jackets @Bruins|7:00 p.m

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
giphy.gif
hahaha
Me and 1000 others built this Blue Jacket Franchise for you f***ers!!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Not much scoring but a lot of guys looked good, or at least better tonight.

Dubois and Panarin upped the compete level and were moving their feet, even if the timing and passes are off (for both of them). That's step 1.

Werenski was told to up his battle level and he has. He seems to have more confidence too.

Lukas Sedlak is the ultimate "solid" player. Meaning he's literally solid, but also super reliable and does a good job. The guy has impressive wheels. I want him to stay in the lineup.

Wennberg's not all there yet, but when he seems to be stealing multiple pucks per shift, that's a valuable player to have.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Rough backtoback games and 3points. Im okay. Korpi was outstanding. Jones had this one unlucky bounce and that cost us a point but point at the td garden is good result. Next flames if we get a point from calgary im happy. Watched incoming games for canes and penguins they hard schedule. Hopefully we avoid wc2. We can win anyother team but no Lighting in the first round. After 1st round win i think we can beat Lighting with the fireing attitude. Still about 10games left so anything can happen. Lets go JACKETS!

grindline

Mar 29, 2013
England
First game I have been able to watch live in ages (stupid time zones) so here’s my takeaways from the night.

The Good:
korpisalo... very alert to things bouncing in his peripheral vision
Duchene...pay the man

The Bad:
Jones in OT...if you are too tired to skate, don’t play 3on3
Tortorella...line choices with Jenner buried among dead bodies...also see above

The Ugly:
Panarin...not a lack of effort per se...chances to shoot but instead dipsy doodles his way to the outside ftom the inside!
The ice...seriously...elite athletes don’t deserve that surface...would you make Usain Bolt run on gravel?

Reactions: Palm Tree

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Just finished watching the game now, some thoughts:
- Korpisalo solid, no question about that
- Panarin, something is wrong with him. Starting to piss me off, his lack of offensive ability. He's crazy hesitant with the puck.
- Jones, FFS, skate for that puck in OT!!!! You had a lead on it, that goal is on him.
- I want someone to punch Marchand in the face really really hard. What a stupid f***in' dance in OT.
- break/shake up the first line. They're stagnant, and I think new linemates might spark them.
I think you identified the problem with the first line earlier in your post

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Great goalies want to play.... I can't back this up right now but several NHL goalies have played many games in a row...

Resting goalies in my opinion is a coaching excuse.... I was a goalie, I wanted to play EVERY GAME!!!!

Bobrovsky has played the most minutes of all goaltenders in the NHL over a certain period of time. I can't remember what amount of time. I am sure someone will.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
me... Buffalo 1970-1997

Columbus 1997-2010... (10 g season tickets)

Louisville 2010-present

Go away..
Just so you know, CarolinaBlueJacket and many others here are just as big of fans as you Robert. From one old guy to another, we need more fans not less so in the future please refrain from any sentence that starts with "I", you don't do that very well.

You have gotten to see some great goalies in your hockey following Robert, between Dominic Hasek and Ryan Miller those guys were iron men in net, so your point about putting Bob in and letting play is a valid.

This was a great hockey game and had we played half of our losses into OT this season we wouldn't be on the bubble. In my opinion our real issue at this point is we are very inconsistent game to game. Not completely crazy considering how many new faces in our locker room. With that said we were fighting for a playoff spot and still are, but Bread needs to re-light his fire, and PLD needs to get back in the mix too. Loved Duchene's goal last night and some of his passes had the look of brilliance, but we are not getting that two line cross ice pass against Boston - they were sitting on it waiting in the neutral zone and turning it into breakaways against us. That was a good game.. we need points fellas, and the more the better.

Last edited:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
If he Quits giving up soft goals he may have a future, but that’s plagued him his entire career.
A lot of that seems to be early , and you have to admit going weeks without playing probably has a lot to do with that . He’s a 24 yr old kid , Not a seasoned veteran that can get use to that role in time. I do think Legace has helped him quite a bit .

Reactions: Jackets16

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Hasek
  • 1990-1991 = 5
  • 1991-1992 - 20
  • 1992-1993 - 28
  • 1993-1994 - 58
  • 1994-1995 - 41
  • 1995-1996 - 59
  • 1996-1997 - 67
  • 1997-1998 - 72
  • 1998-1999 - 64
  • 1999-2000 - 35
  • 2000-2001 - 67
  • 2001-2002 - 65
  • 2003-2004 - 14
  • 2005-2006 - 43
  • 2006-2007 - 56
  • 2007-2008 - 41
Bobrovsky has played 54 games this season and will probably play 60 games (or more) by the end of the season. Hasek played more than 60 games 5 times in his 16 year career. If Bobrovsky plays at least 60 games this season, it will be the 3rd season in a row he has done that.

Reactions: CPTN71

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I really want to know what you want Torts to do about the offense seriously... he cant go out there and score for them. He has tried keeping the lines the same before the TDL so everyone is comfortable, tried switching up the lines to fix the guys struggling, tried playing the 4th line more because they were succeeding and was giving time based on performance. He is doing everything he can. Bread is not playing like himself. Do you want him to sit him? Seriously thats a question because if he sits the player who is being lazy in a playoff run you guys go nuts saying Torts ego will make us miss. Our scorers just arent scoring. Its not because Torts is a bad coach. Go seriously look at our offense pre Torts, our defense, our record... Cam was here a long time before Torts what has happened to his game sense then? Look at the bolts or Rangers offense when he was there and he never had trouble with those skilled guys. He made a D man won of the best offensive weapons in the league who was nearly on his way out of the league until torts let him rover. MSL was pretty skilles to huh and who got him to play the way he is known for? Guys like PLD and Anderson have developed into guys we couldnt have really expected. PLD qas being deemed a bust before he was called up and they wanted him to slowly work his way into the lineup but Torts thought he needed to play C instead of wing like they tried and then he broke out. Anderson was lookes at as a 3rd liner that would be a good checking energy guy and he has turned into a guy who would be playing top line scoring 30 if cam wasnt here. He helped unleash Z for 2 years BUT I think Z this year is way to much in his iwn head after 2 huge injuries back to back years. Going so long without scoring you can tell there is something there. Murray since being under Torts had became the best version of himself. Foligno has become a better captain because of him. The entire team in so many different ways is at the best it has been in the entire history of the team because of JK and Torts but because they arent a flashy offensive team like the bolts or leafs and are more of a low scoring blue collar team you want him gone.

We dont have those types of players on the team. We have 3 players on the team with pretty nasty shots everyone else is the more gritty scorers or rebound scorers. And guess what our team has succeeded with this style even before Torts was here. If Texier, Bremstrom, and some free agents come to where we have more skilled players sure if he cant manage that make a change but our top 9 is Foligno, Anderson, Jenner, PLD, Dzingle, Cam, Duchene, Bjorkstrand, and Bread. The last 3 out of the 9 Id say are skill guys. Add in all the 4th line guys scratched or not are also more grinders.

So with a team full of grinders how are you saying he cant coach skill teams? Where are the skilled players? Does that the become a GMJK problem? It shouldnt because he is filling his team with players that fit the system and that system has been successful for 2 decades for Torts. What we do need is to remove Larson and just flat out hire MSL as a coach.

And who is this coach you would prefer over Torts? I cant think of a coach out there who is some offensive skill player savant who will turn this team into a scoring juggernaut. Do you think our team would be more fit to be a blazing shoot all out squad? What would happen to guys like Jenner, Foligno, Anderson, PLD? Anderson has speed but he is more of a counter attacker then a skilles shooter.

I just think everyone wants a person to blame and Torts is the easy target because I was probably one of the only fans extatic when he was hire most of you were pissed because you hated his personality. So its not hard to blame him when your favorite players arent thriving. The fact is we have one of the top 25 coaches in the history of the game as our coach. He took a team that started 0-7 and made then basically .500 from that point and then took basically that same team minus their 1C and turned it into the best team we ever saw and ultimately lost to the cup champs even though anyone who watched that series and look at the numbers see we dominated every aspect of the game except goalie. Then the next year another fantastic season which lead to 2 great road wins and then they switched goalies and ours reverted and we lost to yet again cup champs. This year we are looking to make it yet again and there is a strong chance we face Tampa and guess what we probably lose that series and they likely win the cup. And who will get that blame? It wont be because they are the better team which everyone knows but it will be all put on Torts. And its so confusing because Torts has had 1 coach by his side majority of his career and taken him from job to job from TB to NYR to VAN and then that guy took over the Pens and he is the same coach as his mentor and everyone loves him and calls him a top 5 coach yet the guy who taught him everything and Sully says all the time he wouldnt be the coach he is without Torts but instead of realizing Torts greatness people ***** because they need a target and to blame Bread or Bob or etc its easier to attack a guy people already hate so people will join you instead of putting blame on the actual people underperforming.
I guess if you believe Nhl coaches only job is to make sure they play tough away from the puck, and mashing different lines together , then I would agree with your premise . Point being , Torts has admitted , he can’t coach offense . Nor can anyone on his staff , hence they bring in a retired player after 2 years of the power play flat out being putrid .

You have probably one of the most powerful teams on paper , in the nhl , a couple 30 plus goal scorers , 4 others that score in the 20s, and multiple others that should be in the 20s , for goal production . Yet Torts offensive stragety is everything goes thru the defenders , as far as offense . Defenseman constantly jumping down deep , which means your forwards are playing defense , or atleast away from the net , ready to have to be the primary defenseman, on a break the other way .

Please tell me how that’s not on Torts ? Just like the powerplay , the players are there , the powerplay should be lethal , yet it’s one of the worst in the league

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad