GDT: Revenge of the Bruins?|Jackets @Bruins|7:00 p.m

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Why are you ignoring the fact he faced over 40 shots less than 24 hours ago AND has played more than any other goalie in the league over the past 2 months? Rest him when you can.
Great goalies want to play.... I can't back this up right now but several NHL goalies have played many games in a row...

Resting goalies in my opinion is a coaching excuse.... I was a goalie, I wanted to play EVERY GAME!!!!

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Hahaha... Bottle aside Lee... who do you Lee want to be in our goal for the last 10 games???

Take a stand...
Without looking at the schedule, I want Bob in almost every one of them. Korpi on any back to backs and Kincaid in the last one because that means everything is sewn up.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Without looking at the schedule, I want Bob in almost every one of them. Korpi on any back to backs and Kincaid in the last one because that means everything is sewn up.

There are two back to backs left out of 10 games.... Buffalo and Ottawa... I hope to God we have a good backup goaltender....

Last edited:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Robert, do I understand you to be saying that Bread no longer has an attachment to this team and so we should sit Cam Atkinson who is committed both contractually and emotionally to this team long term? If so, you need to put the bottle down and stop posting until you are rational again.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Just finished watching the game now, some thoughts:
- Korpisalo solid, no question about that
- Panarin, something is wrong with him. Starting to piss me off, his lack of offensive ability. He's crazy hesitant with the puck.
- Jones, FFS, skate for that puck in OT!!!! You had a lead on it, that goal is on him.
- I want someone to punch Marchand in the face really really hard. What a stupid f***in' dance in OT.
- break/shake up the first line. They're stagnant, and I think new linemates might spark them.

Reactions: Robert

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Robert, do I understand you to be saying that Bread no longer has an attachment to this team and so we should sit Cam Atkinson who is committed both contractually and emotionally to this team long term? If so, you need to put the bottle down and stop posting until you are rational again.
Yep... Bread is gone (10 games left), you know this, why mess with him...

Cam is our future and the guy who needs to pick it up for our CURRENT playoffs and future..

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Agree , it’s not Korpi that’s squandering all this offensive firepower , Torts is clueless . Also , Duchene was great tonight

Agree that the problem is Torts inability to coach an offensively talented team. I like Torts. But if we are actually going to try to be a skilled team, he is not the person who should be coaching that team.

Torts played two lines tonight. Five forwards played under 10 minutes Bread and Dubois had 2nd and 4th most TOI of forwards despite being among the worst. Torts doesn’t have a clue on managing offensive talent. I’m convinced if coaching the Canadian Olympic team with NHL eligible players he’d lead them to the bronze medal game.
I really want to know what you want Torts to do about the offense seriously... he cant go out there and score for them. He has tried keeping the lines the same before the TDL so everyone is comfortable, tried switching up the lines to fix the guys struggling, tried playing the 4th line more because they were succeeding and was giving time based on performance. He is doing everything he can. Bread is not playing like himself. Do you want him to sit him? Seriously thats a question because if he sits the player who is being lazy in a playoff run you guys go nuts saying Torts ego will make us miss. Our scorers just arent scoring. Its not because Torts is a bad coach. Go seriously look at our offense pre Torts, our defense, our record... Cam was here a long time before Torts what has happened to his game sense then? Look at the bolts or Rangers offense when he was there and he never had trouble with those skilled guys. He made a D man won of the best offensive weapons in the league who was nearly on his way out of the league until torts let him rover. MSL was pretty skilles to huh and who got him to play the way he is known for? Guys like PLD and Anderson have developed into guys we couldnt have really expected. PLD qas being deemed a bust before he was called up and they wanted him to slowly work his way into the lineup but Torts thought he needed to play C instead of wing like they tried and then he broke out. Anderson was lookes at as a 3rd liner that would be a good checking energy guy and he has turned into a guy who would be playing top line scoring 30 if cam wasnt here. He helped unleash Z for 2 years BUT I think Z this year is way to much in his iwn head after 2 huge injuries back to back years. Going so long without scoring you can tell there is something there. Murray since being under Torts had became the best version of himself. Foligno has become a better captain because of him. The entire team in so many different ways is at the best it has been in the entire history of the team because of JK and Torts but because they arent a flashy offensive team like the bolts or leafs and are more of a low scoring blue collar team you want him gone.

We dont have those types of players on the team. We have 3 players on the team with pretty nasty shots everyone else is the more gritty scorers or rebound scorers. And guess what our team has succeeded with this style even before Torts was here. If Texier, Bremstrom, and some free agents come to where we have more skilled players sure if he cant manage that make a change but our top 9 is Foligno, Anderson, Jenner, PLD, Dzingle, Cam, Duchene, Bjorkstrand, and Bread. The last 3 out of the 9 Id say are skill guys. Add in all the 4th line guys scratched or not are also more grinders.

So with a team full of grinders how are you saying he cant coach skill teams? Where are the skilled players? Does that the become a GMJK problem? It shouldnt because he is filling his team with players that fit the system and that system has been successful for 2 decades for Torts. What we do need is to remove Larson and just flat out hire MSL as a coach.

And who is this coach you would prefer over Torts? I cant think of a coach out there who is some offensive skill player savant who will turn this team into a scoring juggernaut. Do you think our team would be more fit to be a blazing shoot all out squad? What would happen to guys like Jenner, Foligno, Anderson, PLD? Anderson has speed but he is more of a counter attacker then a skilles shooter.

I just think everyone wants a person to blame and Torts is the easy target because I was probably one of the only fans extatic when he was hire most of you were pissed because you hated his personality. So its not hard to blame him when your favorite players arent thriving. The fact is we have one of the top 25 coaches in the history of the game as our coach. He took a team that started 0-7 and made then basically .500 from that point and then took basically that same team minus their 1C and turned it into the best team we ever saw and ultimately lost to the cup champs even though anyone who watched that series and look at the numbers see we dominated every aspect of the game except goalie. Then the next year another fantastic season which lead to 2 great road wins and then they switched goalies and ours reverted and we lost to yet again cup champs. This year we are looking to make it yet again and there is a strong chance we face Tampa and guess what we probably lose that series and they likely win the cup. And who will get that blame? It wont be because they are the better team which everyone knows but it will be all put on Torts. And its so confusing because Torts has had 1 coach by his side majority of his career and taken him from job to job from TB to NYR to VAN and then that guy took over the Pens and he is the same coach as his mentor and everyone loves him and calls him a top 5 coach yet the guy who taught him everything and Sully says all the time he wouldnt be the coach he is without Torts but instead of realizing Torts greatness people bitch because they need a target and to blame Bread or Bob or etc its easier to attack a guy people already hate so people will join you instead of putting blame on the actual people underperforming.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I really want to know what you want Torts to do about the offense seriously... he cant go out there and score for them. He has tried keeping the lines the same before the TDL so everyone is comfortable, tried switching up the lines to fix the guys struggling, tried playing the 4th line more because they were succeeding and was giving time based on performance. He is doing everything he can. Bread is not playing like himself. Do you want him to sit him? Seriously thats a question because if he sits the player who is being lazy in a playoff run you guys go nuts saying Torts ego will make us miss. Our scorers just arent scoring. Its not because Torts is a bad coach. Go seriously look at our offense pre Torts, our defense, our record... Cam was here a long time before Torts what has happened to his game sense then? Look at the bolts or Rangers offense when he was there and he never had trouble with those skilled guys. He made a D man won of the best offensive weapons in the league who was nearly on his way out of the league until torts let him rover. MSL was pretty skilles to huh and who got him to play the way he is known for? Guys like PLD and Anderson have developed into guys we couldnt have really expected. PLD qas being deemed a bust before he was called up and they wanted him to slowly work his way into the lineup but Torts thought he needed to play C instead of wing like they tried and then he broke out. Anderson was lookes at as a 3rd liner that would be a good checking energy guy and he has turned into a guy who would be playing top line scoring 30 if cam wasnt here. He helped unleash Z for 2 years BUT I think Z this year is way to much in his iwn head after 2 huge injuries back to back years. Going so long without scoring you can tell there is something there. Murray since being under Torts had became the best version of himself. Foligno has become a better captain because of him. The entire team in so many different ways is at the best it has been in the entire history of the team because of JK and Torts but because they arent a flashy offensive team like the bolts or leafs and are more of a low scoring blue collar team you want him gone.

We dont have those types of players on the team. We have 3 players on the team with pretty nasty shots everyone else is the more gritty scorers or rebound scorers. And guess what our team has succeeded with this style even before Torts was here. If Texier, Bremstrom, and some free agents come to where we have more skilled players sure if he cant manage that make a change but our top 9 is Foligno, Anderson, Jenner, PLD, Dzingle, Cam, Duchene, Bjorkstrand, and Bread. The last 3 out of the 9 Id say are skill guys. Add in all the 4th line guys scratched or not are also more grinders.

So with a team full of grinders how are you saying he cant coach skill teams? Where are the skilled players? Does that the become a GMJK problem? It shouldnt because he is filling his team with players that fit the system and that system has been successful for 2 decades for Torts. What we do need is to remove Larson and just flat out hire MSL as a coach.

And who is this coach you would prefer over Torts? I cant think of a coach out there who is some offensive skill player savant who will turn this team into a scoring juggernaut. Do you think our team would be more fit to be a blazing shoot all out squad? What would happen to guys like Jenner, Foligno, Anderson, PLD? Anderson has speed but he is more of a counter attacker then a skilles shooter.

I just think everyone wants a person to blame and Torts is the easy target because I was probably one of the only fans extatic when he was hire most of you were pissed because you hated his personality. So its not hard to blame him when your favorite players arent thriving. The fact is we have one of the top 25 coaches in the history of the game as our coach. He took a team that started 0-7 and made then basically .500 from that point and then took basically that same team minus their 1C and turned it into the best team we ever saw and ultimately lost to the cup champs even though anyone who watched that series and look at the numbers see we dominated every aspect of the game except goalie. Then the next year another fantastic season which lead to 2 great road wins and then they switched goalies and ours reverted and we lost to yet again cup champs. This year we are looking to make it yet again and there is a strong chance we face Tampa and guess what we probably lose that series and they likely win the cup. And who will get that blame? It wont be because they are the better team which everyone knows but it will be all put on Torts. And its so confusing because Torts has had 1 coach by his side majority of his career and taken him from job to job from TB to NYR to VAN and then that guy took over the Pens and he is the same coach as his mentor and everyone loves him and calls him a top 5 coach yet the guy who taught him everything and Sully says all the time he wouldnt be the coach he is without Torts but instead of realizing Torts greatness people ***** because they need a target and to blame Bread or Bob or etc its easier to attack a guy people already hate so people will join you instead of putting blame on the actual people underperforming.
It's not Torts.... I'm all in for the guy.... That said, I think his contract has a no bitch clause after Vancouver... Torts is doing everything he can to make a winner in Columbus!!!

Reactions: mikeyp24

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Go back to Carolina dude... This is Jacket territory..
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad