GDT: Revenge of the Bruins?|Jackets @Bruins|7:00 p.m

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Bobrovsky has played the most minutes of all goaltenders in the NHL over a certain period of time. I can't remember what amount of time. I am sure someone will.
Resilient Blue Jackets earn precious point as they continue...
For the second time in two weeks, Bobrovsky did not dress for a game as coaches tried to get him a rest. Keith Kinkaid served as the backup. Heading into Saturday’s action, his 1,237 minutes played since Jan. 19 were the most in the NHL.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I guess if you believe Nhl coaches only job is to make sure they play tough away from the puck, and mashing different lines together , then I would agree with your premise . Point being , Torts has admitted , he can’t coach offense . Nor can anyone on his staff , hence they bring in a retired player after 2 years of the power play flat out being putrid .

You have probably one of the most powerful teams on paper , in the nhl , a couple 30 plus goal scorers , 4 others that score in the 20s, and multiple others that should be in the 20s , for goal production . Yet Torts offensive stragety is everything goes thru the defenders , as far as offense . Defenseman constantly jumping down deep , which means your forwards are playing defense , or atleast away from the net , ready to have to be the primary defenseman, on a break the other way .

Please tell me how that’s not on Torts ? Just like the powerplay , the players are there , the powerplay should be lethal , yet it’s one of the worst in the league
Its not every thing goes through defenders they cycle just as much as they pinch they are just aggressive with defenders. The PP ISNT TORTS!!! Its Larson. Thats not a Torts thing the front office needs to pull that trigger. He tried to give it to shaw and he couldn't do it so MSL is here. They need to bring him in as a full time coach.

And the offense again isnt all on Torts they dont draw up a play every possession and run it... they have normal positioning and they go based on the coverage they see. Thats why you see guys talking before the faceoffs when they haven't talked to the coach they are working it out off of what they are seeing. If you you want to place everything on Torts thats a you problem and just a.personal problem its.not a CBJ organizational issue. You can only instruct your players to do so much if they cant execute thats not a Torts problem thats a player problem. They are working on getting their chemistry right. Moving Andy with the ex Sens and keeping out original 1st line has worked for the new guys while pld and bread are stuggling mighty. Fligs jenner and whoever is with them has been doing well. Dubi killed it again last night. They just need to find the back of the net more consistently. Torts cant make them stop shooting the goalie in the chest.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Wild OT, I'll say that... and hats off to Korpisalo who played one heck of a game in a tough environment :clap:

This one stung because 2 points would have been extremely helpful given the other results from earlier in the day.

But ... still picking up 1 is huge -- gotta focus on the positives/compare standing to MTL.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Before the game, knowing we were on the back nine of back to backs playing in a tough building against a good team with our backup goalie in net, I said I’d be satisfied with one point.

Knowing we were close to two is disappointing we didn’t get it but keeping in mind my original expectations I take the one point and say thank you Korpi.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
The last week has been encouraging; finally a win over the Pens, taking three out of four points from the Bruins, and a win over the Canes thanks to a stellar performance from Bob. If they can get at least four points on the western Canada trip, I think that would bode well for their postseason chances.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I was an original season ticket holder. Been to more Jackets games in Columbus and other arenas than I can remember.
Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

BTW I want to make it clear that it doesn't matter how many games I or anyone else has been to. It's not a competition and I embrace anyone who is a Jackets fan. Being a Jackets fan is a unique experience. There are literally zero bandwagon fans. It has been painful at times but there is always the hope that they are right around the corner from success. For newer fans, it may be difficult to understand the pessimism of fans like me when the team is doing good and in a playoff position. The reality is that I have the mentality of someone who is in a relationship that has been let down so many times but keeps coming back hoping my partner will change.

I will do my best to enjoy the present but I must admit that years of losing, blowing leads, giving up last second goals, prospects that have busted, changing coaches, GMs, mascots, etc and still having the same results will weigh on us until the team has gotten over the hump of a decent playoff result.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
BTW I want to make it clear that it doesn't matter how many games I or anyone else has been to. It's not a competition and I embrace anyone who is a Jackets fan. Being a Jackets fan is a unique experience. There are literally zero bandwagon fans. It has been painful at times but there is always the hope that they are right around the corner from success. For newer fans, it may be difficult to understand the pessimism of fans like me when the team is doing good and in a playoff position. The reality is that I have the mentality of someone who is in a relationship that has been let down so many times but keeps coming back hoping my partner will change.

I will do my best to enjoy the present but I must admit that years of losing, blowing leads, giving up last second goals, prospects that have busted, changing coaches, GMs, mascots, etc and still having the same results will weigh on us until the team has gotten over the hump of a decent playoff result.
No matter what the future holds we can always look back on the three weeks of Boomer and say to ourselves “well that happened.”

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio
I agree, losing Boomer was devastating.

Coulda been worse:
Dx4_CZgV4AEEulL.jpg

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Why is the league pushing that thing so much?

He's the most popular mascot in NHL history, and achieved all of it without the league's help. The NHL doesn't have the reach to "push" something as big as Gritty. Have you not googled Gritty or watched the clips on youtube? Almost none of the content is from the league.

Don't worry, people in Columbus are terrified of a semi-phallic cannon, they wouldn't have the balls to make a Gritty-like mascot or do anything remotely controversial or interesting. You're safe.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The funny thing is that Boomer, had he not been axed, would have become a viral sensation, though of course not at Gritty's level. A couple months ago some non-hockey friends of mine were laughing at some Gritty memes (his fanbase goes well beyond the sport). I told them about Boomer and showed Boomer to them, and it was just as funny to them. They were sad to hear about his banishment. Boomer, similar and to a lesser-extent than Gritty, could have been an icon that people wanted to be seen with. People love to be around Gritty and be photographed with him. It's a serious draw for the Flyers. With Stinger? I want him to stay away from my seats.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
He's the most popular mascot in NHL history, and achieved all of it without the league's help. The NHL doesn't have the reach to "push" something as big as Gritty. Have you not googled Gritty or watched the clips on youtube? Almost none of the content is from the league.

Don't worry, people in Columbus are terrified of a semi-phallic cannon, they wouldn't have the balls to make a Gritty-like mascot or do anything remotely controversial or interesting. You're safe.

Geez never expected such strong feelings about Boomer, Stinger and Gritty. Hey at least you have an opinion. I don't really give a shit about mascots.

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Geez never expected such strong feelings about Boomer, Stinger and Gritty. Hey at least you have an opinion. I don't really give a **** about mascots.
Don’t give a shit about mascots? I mean - if you don’t have them all ranked in order, both in their effectiveness in mascoting (mascotting?) as well as the snazziness of their costume, can you even call yourself a fan?

Reactions: cslebn

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
My apology to the board, I was out of line and it won't happen again.... As for Bob he's playing well now therefore play him as much as possible but history suggests it won't last, his time here is over imo... I'm taking the rest of the season off... Again, I'm sorry.

No issues from me. Come back whenever you want. I am in and out a lot myself depending on my schedule and how I feel about the team.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
My apology to the board, I was out of line and it won't happen again.... As for Bob he's playing well now therefore play him as much as possible but history suggests it won't last, his time here is over imo... I'm taking the rest of the season off... Again, I'm sorry.
Cmon man, its all good. If your not ruffling some feathers around here, what fun would it be. Your entitled to your opinion, and dont back down from that. Personally I think your a little off in this case because Korpi went into one of the toughest arenas to play, and was lights out, but I always enjoy your posts. Everyone is just giving you a little grief in good fun.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Watching the game, the Jackets were definitely not doing much. Then again Boston wasn't much better. We were lucky to get the point. We played pretty bad on the OT.

I like that we're going out to Canada, hopefully that helps the team get things together. If the Jackets are playing well, this is a chance to pick up 4-6 points.. We're not so who knows what happens. Edmonton didn't seem to have much issue with us recently.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Cmon man, its all good. If your not ruffling some feathers around here, what fun would it be. Your entitled to your opinion, and dont back down from that. Personally I think your a little off in this case because Korpi went into one of the toughest arenas to play, and was lights out, but I always enjoy your posts. Everyone is just giving you a little grief in good fun.

Speak for yourself. It is exhausting...
I agree everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how out-of-the-box it is, but some posts were downright absurd and pointedly abusive to other posters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->