GDT: Revenge of the Bruins?|Jackets @Bruins|7:00 p.m

Sabo0290

Lost along the wing
Aug 28, 2015
Dayton
I have Foligno in h2h fanatasy.........is he due back next game?

I would guess so, it was a personal matter not an injury or anything. He has missed time before to be with his daughter through her health issues, but they were clear that was not the case this time around. Hope all is well with the Capn'.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Forgot to ask. How was the painting and lip synching?
Gene still breathes fire and spits up blood. I've never seen so many lasers and pyrotechnics at a concert. I'm not convinced that Eric Singer was actually playing piano during Beth. I'd never seen them before. It was entertaining. I've always thought Kiss was one of those bands that wrote a lot of crap songs but had just enough classic rock anthems to fill up a setlist but my guilty pleasure song is "I Was Made for Lovin' You" so I don't have much room to talk.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Gene still breathes fire and spits up blood. I've never seen so many lasers and pyrotechnics at a concert. I'm not convinced that Eric Singer was actually playing piano during Beth. I'd never seen them before. It was entertaining. I've always thought Kiss was one of those bands that wrote a lot of crap songs but had just enough classic rock anthems to fill up a setlist but my guilty pleasure song is "I Was Made for Lovin' You" so I don't have much room to talk.

Yes "I Was Made for Lovin' You" is a serious guilty pleasure if you like that one. :) Kiss is all about the show but there is quite a bit of evidence that they lip synch their entire shows and may not even be playing any instruments. I was never a fan and I am a rock guy that played in bands and loves rock music and from that standpoint I am disappointed. But as we agree Kiss is more about the show and spectacle. Glad you enjoyed the show.

Reactions: Robert

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Lines at practice.
9-18-13
10(?!)-95-77
45-38-20
50-17-28(?!)/beerman

:madfire::facepalm::banghead:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Yes "I Was Made for Lovin' You" is a serious guilty pleasure if you like that one. :) Kiss is all about the show but there is quite a bit of evidence that they lip synch their entire shows and may not even be playing any instruments. I was never a fan and I am a rock guy that played in bands and loves rock music and from that standpoint I am disappointed. But as we agree Kiss is more about the show and spectacle. Glad you enjoyed the show.

I think it's pretty safe to say that they were playing their instruments except for the maybe the whole Beth thing. Maybe there could have been some lip synching in a few small places but it didn't stand out to me and they certainly didn't Milli Vanilli the whole show. If anything I probably heard some backing vocals and melodies filling out the sound in places. If there was, none of it was as obvious as Roger Daltrey lip synching the scream to Won't Get Fooled Again when I saw them a few years ago. That was blatant.

I was never a huge fan either and I'd put off going to see them since they originally brought Ace and Peter back 20 years ago. I figured why not for the experience since I scored a cheap single ticket just to say that I've gone once. I normally have a rule that a band needs to have more than 50% of their original members to count.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I think it's pretty safe to say that they were playing their instruments except for the maybe the whole Beth thing. Maybe there could have been some lip synching in a few small places but it didn't stand out to me and they certainly didn't Milli Vanilli the whole show. If anything I probably heard some backing vocals and melodies filling out the sound in places. If there was, none of it was as obvious as Roger Daltrey lip synching the scream to Won't Get Fooled Again when I saw them a few years ago. That was blatant.

I was never a huge fan either and I'd put off going to see them since they originally brought Ace and Peter back 20 years ago. I figured why not for the experience since I scored a cheap single ticket just to say that I've gone once. I normally have a rule that a band needs to have more than 50% of their original members to count.

YES!! We saw The Who in Raleigh and it was actually quite sad. That particular moment really stands out to me even today.

I love the "need 50% of the band" comment. My wife came home one day and said that she and her friend had bought tickets to Lynyrd Skynyrd in Greensboro. I asked if she had also bought a time machine? Her comment was that she didn't really care who was in the band, she as just going to have a good time and that I was an ass.

Reactions: cslebn

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
YES!! We saw The Who in Raleigh and it was actually quite sad. That particular moment really stands out to me even today.

I love the "need 50% of the band" comment. My wife came home one day and said that she and her friend had bought tickets to Lynyrd Skynyrd in Greensboro. I asked if she had also bought a time machine? Her comment was that she didn't really care who was in the band, she as just going to have a good time and that I was an ass.
I'll sometimes break that rule depending on how important the missing or remaining members were. Kiss really is Gene and Paul when it comes down to it. The Who is sort of a toss up. Missing Keith and John Entwhistle hurts but Roger and Pete were essentially the face of the band. I definitely prefer >50% of the original members or at least the members when the band was at its most popular.

In general though I live by that since anything else is essentially a cover band. Lynrd Skynrd is basically a cover band at this point. I think they only have 1 original member left?

Reactions: Jive Pawnbroker

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I hope we get some good headlines out of this. "Dzinger's Dinger Dings The Lineup", etc...

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Speak for yourself. It is exhausting...
I agree everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how out-of-the-box it is, but some posts were downright absurd and pointedly abusive to other posters.
I hear you Derby , and want you to know that I respect your feelings , but I also think it’s important to point out that Robert seems remorseful over the situation, and apologized for what happened . Personally I hope that we can all just move on from this, and get ready for Tommorrows big game , where we can expect Torts to have his line blender on full display . If not , you can always ignore his posts. Lord knows there are probably a few here that take advantage of that feature with my post :D .But that’s what makes this place great . We are all super passionate about the Cbj, and we all have our own quirks . Hope everyone has a good night .

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Speak for yourself. It is exhausting...
I agree everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how out-of-the-box it is, but some posts were downright absurd and pointedly abusive to other posters.

His posts were everything you said but everyone makes mistakes. What matters is how people move forward. Most of it was directed at me and luckily I don't offend easily. If I am good with it then you should be too. Afterall this is an internet forum, not real life. I save my getting mad at people for the real world!!

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Expectations for the upcoming road trip? Flames should be a tough bout but neither the Canucks nor the Oilers are playing for much. 4 out of 6 points should be a given.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Expectations for the upcoming road trip? Flames should be a tough bout but neither the Canucks nor the Oilers are playing for much. 4 out of 6 points should be a given.

4/6 points is what I want. 5/6 or 6/6 is gravy.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

"Not playing for much" never seems to stop bad teams from clicking in the last 20 or so games. The Jackets of old did that several times - "playing loose", etc... If anything I think the Flames might be easier to beat than the Oilers this time. McDavid has 8 straight multi-point games.

Reactions: CarolinaBlueJacket

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
"Not playing for much" never seems to stop bad teams from clicking in the last 20 or so games. The Jackets of old did that several times - "playing loose", etc... If anything I think the Flames might be easier to beat than the Oilers this time. McDavid has 8 straight multi-point games.

Also, we have really struggled against Edmonton and Vancouver. IIRC last year we got blown out at home against the Canucks, and lost in OT against them in a game where we scored 3 goals in like 1 minute with a minute left in regulation to tie the game.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Also, we have really struggled against Edmonton and Vancouver. IIRC last year we got blown out at home against the Canucks, and lost in OT against them in a game where we scored 3 goals in like 1 minute with a minute left in regulation to tie the game.

I was at the arena for that game LOL, the crowd didn't even react much because expectations were low and the Canucks won in OT anyways. But hopefully the team won't procrastinate with their effort this time around.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
We have to have the dumbest f***ing coach in the league . Have a couple 30 goal scorers, another 4 players in 20 plus goal range , and he puts line combinations together where 2 lines didn’t register a shot. This game is directly on his idioacy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad