Reunited and it feels so good

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I don’t care about him breaking up with the Habs. Ask him about the domestic violence and how it’s rubbed off on his kids who are also violent shitheads.

Competitive he is. The domestic violence subject is one where I don't have much real evidence. I think you are at best speculating. Yes, there was a domestic violence call, however, I know too much about this subject to speak against Patrick without knowing the facts (women, or in-laws, are often violent and blaming the male victims). I don't know either way and I'm not defending anyone (this is for the court of law where he was cleared). He appears to be in a more peaceful frame of mind over the past 3-5 years, that's all I can judge him on. Michelle Piuze is now in court for illegally practicing.

Reactions: Monsieur Miz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The whole thing looks like a PR tour before Roy takes the GM job. And Molson could have easily set as a condition that Roy corrects any perceived problem with how he "broke up" with the team before that happens. Reuniting with Tremblay fits the bill.

Moreover, it is possible that Bergevin has known about this for a year. Many of his comments let me think that he was keeping the seat warm and no longer the active GM since last year. Bergevin would accept to do this so he can get another GM job.

Thus, maybe the negotiations with Molson are more about an amicable release package for the PR services provided during the last year.

That's what I said yesterday. Roy is publicly burying the hatchet so there's no doubt that there's no bad blood anymore, between all parties.

Me thinks we have to accept he'll be our next GM.

Reactions: Seb

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
The whole thing looks like a PR tour before Roy takes the GM job. And Molson could have easily set as a condition that Roy corrects any perceived problem with how he "broke up" with the team before that happens. Reuniting with Tremblay fits the bill.

Moreover, it is possible that Bergevin has known about this for a year. Many of his comments let me think that he was keeping the seat warm and no longer the active GM since last year. Bergevin would accept to do this so he can get another GM job.

Thus, maybe the negotiations with Molson are more about an amicable release package for the PR services provided during the last year.

This guy got it.

Reactions: Dutronc

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I wasn't

On the very first day I warned people that he seemed to like photo ops and seemed way too cozy with the media. I posted that right in his first PC

I was another forum at the time.

Some were concerned early on that he was hiring his friends.

I became anti Bergevin over the Subban fiasco.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Is Colorado a better team now or when Roy was there? Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Teams are built, and they take 5-8 years to be built. Roy was one of the builders of the current team. He left a memorable impression on the current leaders.

Your simplistic argument is not connected to reality, go live a little and you'll see.

The current team would never do this, and it comes from Roy.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Teams are built, and they take 5-8 years to be built. Roy was one of the builders of the current team. He left a memorable impression on the current leaders.

Your simplistic argument is not connected to reality, go live a little and you'll see.

Could you elaborate on Roy's positive contributions to the Avalanche?

Reactions: Wats

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Ahhh I found that weird that they would "bury the hatchet" out of the blue after so long. Like... who cares at this point when both are pretty much out of sight?

Roy as the next GM (or coach?) makes sense. Idk if it would be good, but it'd be damn more entertaining. And he wants to win, not just participate like MB

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

I don’t know why you’re making personal jabs at my life experience which I can assure you, is quite extensive. You’ve also not shown in any way what Roy contributed to a team that was built by Sakic. So I’m not sure where you’re going with these posts but hopefully it’ll be more constructive and insightful than Roy is awesome and you’re a dumb dumb.

Reactions: Wats and Habs Icing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad