Reunited and it feels so good

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Roy was on Dave Morrisette yesterday and had an excellent interview. John Lu sat with both of them.

And tonight, they will be on Antichambre as Chantal Machabée interviewed them, as well.

The ad is real good.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Roy was on Dave Morrisette yesterday and had an excellent interview. John Lu sat with both of them.

And tonight, they will be on Antichambre as Chantal Machabée interviewed them, as well.

The ad is real good.

The ad itself is good, but it could have been anything but Uber Eats as it was such an irrelevant part of it. :laugh:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Look at Colorado with and without Roy and tell me the same thing.

in his small sample size, he won the jack adams/tied franchise record for wins... and then had 2 bad seasons, before quiting because he felt he didn't have enough say in the roster/personnel decisions.

during his time, the Avs had a very odd hockey ops set up, with a GM "in name" and Roy in charge at first, then Sakic being dropped into the mix with, as would seem, a lack of clarity on structure/authority.

i'd say that makes it pretty hard to pin the struggles in year 2-3 squarely on his shoulders, and, if anything, that he walked away from the situation speaks at least to his clarity of conviction, something that has been lacking throughout MB's tenure. That alone would be a breath of fresh air.

Reactions: DavePeak

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
The whole thing looks like a PR tour before Roy takes the GM job. And Molson could have easily set as a condition that Roy corrects any perceived problem with how he "broke up" with the team before that happens. Reuniting with Tremblay fits the bill.

Moreover, it is possible that Bergevin has known about this for a year. Many of his comments let me think that he was keeping the seat warm and no longer the active GM since last year. Bergevin would accept to do this so he can get another GM job.

Thus, maybe the negotiations with Molson are more about an amicable release package for the PR services provided during the last year.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The whole thing looks like a PR tour before Roy takes the GM job. And Molson could have easily set as a condition that Roy corrects any perceived problem with how he "broke up" with the team before that happens. Reuniting with Tremblay fits the bill.

I don’t care about him breaking up with the Habs. Ask him about the domestic violence and how it’s rubbed off on his kids who are also violent shitheads.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
in his small sample size, he won the jack adams/tied franchise record for wins... and then had 2 bad seasons, before quiting because he felt he didn't have enough say in the roster/personnel decisions.

during his time, the Avs had a very odd hockey ops set up, with a GM "in name" and Roy in charge at first, then Sakic being dropped into the mix with, as would seem, a lack of clarity on structure/authority.

i'd say that makes it pretty hard to pin the struggles in year 2-3 squarely on his shoulders, and, if anything, that he walked away from the situation speaks at least to his clarity of conviction, something that has been lacking throughout MB's tenure. That alone would be a breath of fresh air.
Roy was upset because he wanted to the team to be built a certain way and Sakic wanted another. After Roy left, the team went parabolic and hasn’t looked back. So outside of a couple good coaching years, keeping Sakic as GM and losing Roy was the right decision.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal

Moreover, it is possible that Bergevin has known about this for a year. Many of his comments let me think that he was keeping the seat warm and no longer the active GM since last year. Bergevin would accept to do this so he can get another GM job.

Thus, maybe the negotiations with Molson are more about an amicable release package for the PR services provided during the last year.

This is what I've been thinking

When you think about it, how realistic is it to think Uber Eat engineered this reunion between Tremblay and Roy? Near 0%. It was all Molson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad