GDT: Return to Play thread (Discuss Capitals games, lineups, who you want in round 2)

Who would you rather play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
For all the anxiety about the D, the Caps are tops in shots against per game in the "playoffs" so far. I'm probably more worried about our offensive structure; we can manage an opposition forecheck if our guys can bring one of our own.

The Caps totally controlled the Flyers in the second period. Flyers went more than half the period without a shot including a couple of power play chances. Keep Kuzy's head in the game and they are fine.

Offensively, the trade in offense from Carlson to Gudas is ridiculous. Kuzy being uninterested and Eller being at home for the baby, I am not sure what more to expect. Especially after you add 6 penalty kills in on top of all that.

Defensively they are strong right now but lets be honest, Kempny and Gudas as the second pair and pair expect to provide the offense is kind of crippling. If Carlson cant play i would expect Jensen to be moved up. At least he can skate enough to create some offensive pressure

Reactions: Calicaps

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
You're crazy. The Canes are better than they were last year, and the Caps - as things stand right now - are worse.
We have a better chance of beating the Isles

ya. And I don’t buy the tired excuse either.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
If we play NYI, it’s a Trotz v Reirden narrative.
If it’s Carolina, it’s a rematch of last year’s first round.

In either case, the Caps would be the underdogs in my books. Carolina are a strong team, and never count out Trotz.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
The Caps even without Carlson should easily beat the Isles. From how they looked during the season to what you see on paper, they basically have nothing on the Caps. Carolina on the other hand is a terrible matchup. If the team is smart they will avoid Canes as long as possible at all cost.

Reactions: Heath and Corby78

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Wonderful. No injuries all year and then the playoffs start and the #1D and #1C are injured

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad