GDT: Return to Play thread (Discuss Capitals games, lineups, who you want in round 2)

Who would you rather play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Any idea when round 1 starts? Obviously different for each series, but are they planning to start some Monday or Tuesday? Or they giving more of a break?

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Any idea when round 1 starts? Obviously different for each series, but are they planning to start some Monday or Tuesday? Or they giving more of a break?

I believe Monday is a day off, they’re also finishing the draft lottery that day.

Reactions: McVechkin

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

The clock already started so hes back in the bubble now I'm assuming? Since we are one of the last teams playing this round, I guess we probably will be playing Game 1 on Wednesday or Thursday.

He would miss the game if it landed on Wednesday?

Edit: Actually eligible on Wednesday at 10 am. He would make it just in time.

Last edited:
Reactions: kicksavedave

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Backstrom was hurt in the 2018 SC run as well. The team is more than one player or two.

Backstrom missed 4 games where Eller stepped his game up and Kuznetsov was playing at a level we may never see again. Oshie and Kempny were hurt last playoffs and they didnt have good back up plans for that and they crashed and burned.

Last game we saw Kuzy coasting and Eller out and no Carlson and they had nothing. Again with Carlson they dont have a back up plan. The power play requires him. Without him the pieces dont fit together. Maybe we will see what the team looks like with Carlson back. I am hopeful that Backstrom is ok. I am not nearly so optimistic where 92 is concerned.

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
The clock already started so hes back in the bubble now I'm assuming? Since we are one of the last teams playing this round, I guess we probably will be playing Game 1 on Wednesday or Thursday.

He would miss the game if it landed on Wednesday?

Edit: Actually eligible on Wednesday at 10 am. He would make it just in time.

they are very strict on the quarantine there. I believe he will be in his room at all times. No access to ice, gym, etc. Not that I would expect him to need much, but I could see them wanting him in at least one practice with the team before stepping back into game action.

Reactions: tenken00

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I'm not concerned if Carlson will play in the opener - I think he will - but more concerned that he will play well. Dudes play through injury all the time in the playoffs (almost said "this time of year" but it's fuggin August). But guys playing through injury most often don't play well, not 100%, sometimes just totally ineffective, but they still play.

If Carlson isn't healthy enough to be full speed, he might as well be out.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If Carlson isn't healthy enough to be full speed, he might as well be out.

I dont agree. If he is off enough that Gudas is better, then he shouldnt be dressed. If he can play, then he can at least contribute on the pp where the entire program is constructed around his options to move the puck. Without him you really need to redesign the unit

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
For all the anxiety about the D, the Caps are tops in shots against per game in the "playoffs" so far. I'm probably more worried about our offensive structure; we can manage an opposition forecheck if our guys can bring one of our own.

As bad as we looked against the Flyers, it didn't look like they had that many high danger chances. I could be wrong and I'm too lazy to go back, but it seemed as if they had a lot of zone time in our end without much to show except for those 3 massive defensive blunders by Gudas and by Kuzy.

Of course, the reason they were in our zone so much was because we couldn't get much going in theirs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Calicaps

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Why not try Dillion on the PP? He should be able to make a one time pass if he wants big money from the caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad