GDT: Return to Play thread (Discuss Capitals games, lineups, who you want in round 2)

Who would you rather play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
As hockey returns we expect the boards to become more active. Please do everyone a favor and abide by forum rules. If you feel a poster has violated site rules, please do not engage; just flag and report the post and move on.

Ecmc0BKWkAYQUtm

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: um

Fred22406Capsfan

Jan 19, 2020
So mixed on this. Love watching our guys but in August? 2020, the year we will never forget for all the wrong reasons. That being said, the time off let our guys rest up and hopefully reorganize for a Cup push.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I do not remeber if we have already a path set through the final or if the NHL will reseed after each round?

If they will reseed, the last round robin game (for each team in both conf.) could be an "ugly" show if the "Play-in" matchups are over in 3 games.

The "round robin teams" could lose on purpose to get the opponent they do "prefer" in Round 1.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Will be nice to have hockey and hope the Caps win the Rona Cup but just have a bad feeling N. American hockey players aren't going to have the personal discipline off the ice to see this through.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
I don't blame any players that decide to sit out. They have families, children, friends, and themselves to worry about. No one really knows the long-term effects of this virus on the lungs, circulatory/cardiovascular system, and internal organs - even in healthy individuals (who could even be asymptomatic. There's been rising research by doctors - literally on the fly, while working in ICUs - about permanent damage to internal organs from this virus.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Some other players I’m interested in if they show up Monday are Dillion and Kempny

Hoping we have a full team for a summer cup run

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think th he round robin games will look more like exhibition games than playoff games. The entire roster will play.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Man this should be a crazy start with typical early season loose defense and higher scoring. As we've all seen a team can get hot early. But I also wonder about the reffing as well will it be that typical early season with a lot of penalties or not as really just a handful of games before the 1st playoff series...so weird but I would think entertaining.

I am really curious about NHL gamecenter as it is basically useless after the regular season. And since even the early games are considered playoff games....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad