Post-Game Talk: Results are classified

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I would expect nothing less from Nyquist. He's always grounded, very collected and well spoken during his interviews.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Kindl is +1 after 3 games. He hasn't been great but he hasn't been the liability you are describing. That would be Ericsson who is -3 after 3 games. Kindl has yet to be on the ice for a goal against.

Has Kindl been on the ice against anyone who's capable of scoring?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I keep expecting him to "fall to earth" but maybe he's just a more heavenly being?

That said, I just don't know about the captaincy. I dunno, he just seems too young, soft spoken. I suppose I was way too young to make that assessment with regards to Stevie Y, and Lids and Z were both made captain when they were older. Maybe in 5 years I'll feel differently.

I want to see him get ****ing fiery and angry. "I'M TAKING THIS TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS ON MY OWN DAMMIT" kind of angry.

Pretty sure he played under 10 minutes last night, and sheltered too. You could put me on the ice for that long and they probably wouldn't score. Think of it like a penalty kill for 30-40 seconds at a time. Wings PK good enough this year to handle that.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

I think his point is valid though.

Ericsson has not looked good so far this season. But, Ericsson has earned a few "bad" games.

Kindl is the one with his feet in the fire.
And Kindl is not giving anyone any reason why he should remain on this team.

Sure we could put in a XO or Jensen, and sure they could be a little worse than kindl. But at least we would be a little worse with the idea of progress occuring. Honestly, Kindl has enough games at the NHL level that "potential" should no longer be in the conversation.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Nyquist has handled the way his career has been managed very gracefully thus far. He's going to be a great leader for this team going forward. Even when he was sent down last year he just played his azz off at GR, never complaining. Guy is a winner and hopefully it rubs off on the rest of the young guys

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Kindl is +1 after 3 games. He hasn't been great but he hasn't been the liability you are describing. That would be Ericsson who is -3 after 3 games. Kindl has yet to be on the ice for a goal against.

Are you for real? Kindl was the main offender in the first Bruins goal yesterday. And he's +1 solely because he got on the ice immediately before Tatar's goal. He did not participate in that play.

Kindl has been atrocious. You are clearly not watching the games.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I think his point is valid though.

Ericsson has not looked good so far this season. But, Ericsson has earned a few "bad" games.

Kindl is the one with his feet in the fire.
And Kindl is not giving anyone any reason why he should remain on this team.

Sure we could put in a XO or Jensen, and sure they could be a little worse than kindl. But at least we would be a little worse with the idea of progress occuring. Honestly, Kindl has enough games at the NHL level that "potential" should no longer be in the conversation.

tumblr_lw2qb654fi1qkq08w.gif

Are we so sure about that? From my recollection last year his play went off a cliff after the olympics. He has looked soft in front of the net and along the boards, and hasn't really been that much of a game-breaker in terms of stifling offense.

Like a few posters have already stated, he is worrying me.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
personally, Ericcson is the guy I'd be trying to move. He's still probably tradeable while Kindl is not.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
tumblr_lw2qb654fi1qkq08w.gif

Are we so sure about that? From my recollection last year his play went off a cliff after the olympics. He has looked soft in front of the net and along the boards, and hasn't really been that much of a game-breaker in terms of stifling offense.

Like a few posters have already stated, he is worrying me.

He's playing a slot above where he should be. And ya right after the Olymics he looked bad, and with this lingering finger issue who knows when he'll look better

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
This defense is crap. Kindl blows, Quincey blows. Kronwall should be on the second pairing. There was one decent stretch pass during this game and that was from Brendan Smith.

We've got great team speed now that Holland has been forced to let the young guys play. Add Mantha you'll be set at forward. Add some real offensive d-men who can headman the puck and get the transition game going and we'll be just fine.

Holland needs to give up on this fantasy that Quincey and Kindl provide depth and call up a couple prospects on defense.

Aug 6, 2012
People are really overreacting about Ericsson IMO. Besides last night he hasn't really been bad at all to start the season. I'd give him a lot more time before saying he needs to be shipped or he's declining.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
People are really overreacting about Ericsson IMO. Besides last night he hasn't really been bad at all to start the season. I'd give him a lot more time before saying he needs to be shipped or he's declining.

Combination of things with him. I will say I am very alarmed by his finger issue not getting worked out this summer. I think it shows in his puck control and passing thus far. Now he had a full six months, does his finger ever get better or are we in permanent damage area where he has trouble feeling the puck? He also has a pretty sizable contact, not a bad one but if we are shifting Smith and DeKeyser up and giving them raises over the next couple years, plus I firmly believe Ouellet is a lock for the Top 4 shortly you can see why some would advocate moving him.

I don't think the Wings are even thinking about this, but I understand how you arrive at it. Ericsson hand issue/finger issue worries me a great deal thus far this season in all honesty, he is having a lot of trouble corralling the puck and making firm plays with it.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Has Zetterberg looked a bit "slow" to anyone else? Maybe slow isn't the word, but I haven't exactly been impressed with his work in the offensive zone.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Has Zetterberg looked a bit "slow" to anyone else? Maybe slow isn't the word, but I haven't exactly been impressed with his work in the offensive zone.

Zetterberg has looked a bit slow for years now. He can get by without speed though with elite smarts and puck protection. Yesterday was an example of him not using smarts or protecting the puck (2 turnovers immediately come to mind.)

He'll be fine.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
This defense is crap. Kindl blows, Quincey blows. Kronwall should be on the second pairing. There was one decent stretch pass during this game and that was from Brendan Smith.

We've got great team speed now that Holland has been forced to let the young guys play. Add Mantha you'll be set at forward. Add some real offensive d-men who can headman the puck and get the transition game going and we'll be just fine.

Holland needs to give up on this fantasy that Quincey and Kindl provide depth and call up a couple prospects on defense.

Well you are definitely wrong about Kronwall.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Either that or the rest of the team is faster, making him appear slower.

He was doing things no one else could against the Bruins in the playoffs. I thought he was settling in fine in the first 2 games but was atrocious in our 3rd. I'd chalk it up to the weird 3 day break after just 2 games. I'm guessing his back is tight right now.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Combination of things with him. I will say I am very alarmed by his finger issue not getting worked out this summer. I think it shows in his puck control and passing thus far. Now he had a full six months, does his finger ever get better or are we in permanent damage area where he has trouble feeling the puck? He also has a pretty sizable contact, not a bad one but if we are shifting Smith and DeKeyser up and giving them raises over the next couple years, plus I firmly believe Ouellet is a lock for the Top 4 shortly you can see why some would advocate moving him.

I don't think the Wings are even thinking about this, but I understand how you arrive at it. Ericsson hand issue/finger issue worries me a great deal thus far this season in all honesty, he is having a lot of trouble corralling the puck and making firm plays with it.

He said in pre-season that his finger wasn't fully healed and it was going to be a problem all season. He specifically said it would affect his ability to grip the stick and battle in the corners.

Remember, it wasn't just broken, it was shattered

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He said in pre-season that his finger wasn't fully healed and it was going to be a problem all season. He specifically said it would affect his ability to grip the stick and battle in the corners.

Remember, it wasn't just broken, it was shattered

Have to wonder if it's ever going to be right, or what will take to get it right. If he has to have another surgery, I'm not sure why he wouldn't have just had it and worked to come back later in the year. It's not as if his spot wouldn't be there for him. At the same time, if they don't know what to do to get him back to normal, that's even scarier as he might just be screwed if it doesn't heal itself. It's not going to heal itself, though, if he's going out and playing with it, getting slashed, taking pucks, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad