Post-Game Talk: Results are classified

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Great performance by Jimmy until the shoot out. Awful performance on those 2 shots.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Starting the season 1-1-1 against Boston and Anaheim could be worse.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Howard is just bad a shootouts and breakaways but he was easily the best player there.

The team didn't deserve a point but Howard pulled through.

Terrible game, this team needs to improve the effort and badly needs to play a weak team to get some confidence.

dutch00

Jan 25, 2012
Babcock's decisions continue to baffle me. Does he even watch the games?

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
Howie
Goose
Tats

hats off to Smitty too.

Majority of the team below average and not excuse for it either.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Wings were lucky to get a point, but they got a point, so that counts for something. Getting points out of games where you get badly outplayed can go a long way.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Team looked terrible, Howard looked great, stole us a point

Nyquist is a great hockey player

bkozyn19

Oct 29, 2013
Looked pretty bad in our own zone, lots of giveaways. Jimmy bailed us out on more than one occasion

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
One of these games, Howard and the rest of the team are going to be in sync and we're going to go on a ****ing tear.

I'm willing to just cough this one up to a bad game, maybe too long a rest. Basically no one looked that good today save Howard. Nyquist had a great goal but most of the game the entire team was pretty lackluster. Vastly outshot and outpossessed.
What did Nestrasil do to deserve a chance in the shootout?
I honestly believe Babcock sees the shootout as kind of a throwaway.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That point keeps it a respectable opening at home to start the season against quality opponents. We deserved at least one point against the Ducks and none tonight. Great performance out of Jimmy.

Went with

Jimmy
Goose
Smitty

Glendening, Tats and DeKeyser are really the only other guys I can say I was happy with tonight. Sheahan wasn't bad or great, the rest need to elevate their game.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Our shooters suck at shootouts. Our goalies suck at shootouts. Shootouts suck. Get rid of shootouts.

Good job by Howard where it really matters, though. He gave us a point which I'm happy with; we were clearly the inferior team tonight.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
What did Nestrasil do to deserve a chance in the shootout?

Probably showed skill in practice. That's usually how these things work. The shootout isn't anything close to a game situation... look at how brutal Nyquist has been in them.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Wings were lucky to get a point, but they got a point, so that counts for something. Getting points out of games where you get badly outplayed can go a long way.

Agreed. And and it takes the sting out of getting hosed in the Anaheim game a little bit

J-Swift

Jan 5, 2006
I'm sure Gustav Nyquist, the team's best goalscorer, could've done better on that final power-play than Franzen.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Play great against Anaheim, come away with nothing. Play like ass against Boston, come away with a point.

I'm not complaining with the result. I will complain about our finishing though. Half our shots looks like peewee productions. And we have zero offensive threat from the blueline. Even Kronwall has looked mediocre through three games.

Scoring just 2.00 Nyquists per game. Hopefully that will change once we play lesser defensive squads.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
What a ****ing chore to watch that sober. Possibly the worst game I have ever seen by Z.
Beautiful game by Howie, stealing us a point and going gang busters.
Nyquist and Helm were my other stars.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
We were badly outplayed, we stole a point for sure. There are details you can complain about that could have given us a chance to steal 2, but bottom line is we had no business even being in that game and we were. That to me is a good sign for our system and for Howard.

No Nyquist on that PP in OT tho? Whatchathinkinbout Babs?? Huh?

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
First star, Howard!

Second Star, Cleary.

Third Star Weiss.

They were much more impressive in the press box than the team on the ice.

On the bright sied, both Smith and Dekeyser looked real good to me!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad