Post-Game Talk: Results are classified

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Chuck Pleiness @wingsfrontman · 33m 33 minutes ago
Looks like Babcock switching D pairings. Kronwall with Smith, Kindl with Ericsson and Quincey with DeKeyser.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Looks like Babcock switching D pairings. Kronwall with Smith, Kindl with Ericsson and Quincey with DeKeyser.

I like these.

Guess that's a sign Babs thinks E hasn't been getting it done on the top pair.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I like these.

Guess that's a sign Babs thinks E hasn't been getting it done on the top pair.

Since the olympics last year he hasnt done anything, its time to start worrying about Ericcson. Apparently his hand is still bugging him a bit which might be part of it

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Since the olympics last year he hasnt done anything, its time to start worrying about Ericcson. Apparently his hand is still bugging him a bit which might be part of it

I think if we give him some easier assignments he'll be ok for the time being. But yeah, I'm a little worried too.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

If the plan is to make Kindl look serviceable for teams looking to acquire a d-man, I'd say their strategy is failing hard so far.

Good on Babs to move Smith to Kronwall's side though. Looked great last season when it happened.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
If the plan is to make Kindl look serviceable for teams looking to acquire a d-man, I'd say their strategy is failing hard so far.

Good on Babs to move Smith to Kronwall's side though. Looked great last season when it happened.

I don't think Kindl could look serviceable beside Lidstrom at this point.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I don't think Kindl could look serviceable beside Lidstrom at this point.

Then what the hell is management's plan? Babcock clearly thinks Ouellet is better. Most of us do too. If Kindl is going to do nothing but play badly and make his trade value stay at the zero it already is, then what is the point of playing him? Get it over with and waive the sucker.

Ughughugh.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Then what the hell is management's plan? Babcock clearly thinks Ouellet is better. Most of us do too. If Kindl is going to do nothing but play badly and make his trade value stay at the zero it already is, then what is the point of playing him? Get it over with and waive the sucker.

Ughughugh.

There is no plan. Holland can't get rid of him, and is too proud to waive him. We're just in waiting mode for injuries, once again, to maybe eventually improve this team. Surprise surprise.

Kindl played less than 10 minutes yesterday, you don't see Babcock do that very often. I guess we have to go back to the Liljas and Meeches for that type of icetime. The difference is that back then we had guys who could play half a game without a problem, now we have to play defense by committee so it's a massive problem to not have six trustable guys.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
1) Howard

Didn't vote anyone else to make the point that Howard deserved the #1 and only star.

Sadly this team could really use a "healthy and useful" Weiss. He plays "NA" hockey. Drive the net, score unfancy goals.

His benching is a loss to our team and ironically could be the right move so far, who knows. But I really hope whatever is going on, that he gets back in the lineup, because Sheahan is going to be a great #3 center for us for 1-2 years, and should THEN maybe move up to the #2 center. The kid line should not be our legit 2nd line. It just goes to show we are TOO young, and need some other forwards to step up.

I think 1-1-1 is a good start for Bos, Ana, Bos. Lets hope our players keep improving, because they are not yet a playoff team.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Kindl is completely useless right now and the sooner we move on the better. Both sides need a change of scenery...

What is Kindl at his best? In 12-13, he was a very useful player because he was contributing to his strengths: he was moving the puck effectively, he was a weapon on the offensive side of center, and he was being used on the 2nd unit PP.

It's hard to believe when you look at him now, but Kindl was our 2nd leading scoring at even strength amongst blueliners that season. He had the best GF/60 and also the best GA/60, in addition to one of the highest Corsi's. He was playing sheltered minutes, but he was flourishing with them. Good things were happening when he was on the ice. There's a reason he received his contract and if you look back, that contract was widely approved at the time.

Now he's a shell of that former player. He's becoming a liability in the defensive zone and his offensive game has completely fallen off the map. He is no longer used on the PP and that player who once looked so confident walking the offensive blueline is visibly shaken.

So if we have an offensive weapon who is no longer an offensive weapon and not even being used as one, what's the point?

Holland needs to move on quickly and find any taker he can. If that means adding Kindl to another defence prospect and a forward prospect and/or pick to bring in another blueliner so be it. But right now we have players in GR who could better fill the role that Kindl currently is and that would be a win-win for both Detroit and the defense prospects who will all benefit from such a move. And the fact that we have to wait when everyone can see that is frustrating.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
As long as Quincey and Smith aren't paired together - we have plenty of evidence that this doesn't work.

Actual Thought*

Kindl is completely useless right now and the sooner we move on the better. Both sides need a change of scenery...

What is Kindl at his best? In 12-13, he was a very useful player because he was contributing to his strengths: he was moving the puck effectively, he was a weapon on the offensive side of center, and he was being used on the 2nd unit PP.

It's hard to believe when you look at him now, but Kindl was our 2nd leading scoring at even strength amongst blueliners that season. He had the best GF/60 and also the best GA/60, in addition to one of the highest Corsi's. He was playing sheltered minutes, but he was flourishing with them. Good things were happening when he was on the ice. There's a reason he received his contract and if you look back, that contract was widely approved at the time.

Now he's a shell of that former player. He's becoming a liability in the defensive zone and his offensive game has completely fallen off the map. He is no longer used on the PP and that player who once looked so confident walking the offensive blueline is visibly shaken.

So if we have an offensive weapon who is no longer an offensive weapon and not even being used as one, what's the point?

Holland needs to move on quickly and find any taker he can. If that means adding Kindl to another defence prospect and a forward prospect and/or pick to bring in another blueliner so be it. But right now we have players in GR who could better fill the role that Kindl currently is and that would be a win-win for both Detroit and the defense prospects who will all benefit from such a move. And the fact that we have to wait when everyone can see that is frustrating.
Kindl is +1 after 3 games. He hasn't been great but he hasn't been the liability you are describing. That would be Ericsson who is -3 after 3 games. Kindl has yet to be on the ice for a goal against.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Kindl is +1 after 3 games. He hasn't been great but he hasn't been the liability you are describing. That would be Ericsson who is -3 after 3 games. Kindl has yet to be on the ice for a goal against.

Kindl hasn't been on the ice for a goal against? Did you miss yesterday's game?

The Kindl I'm describing is the player we seen all of last season, the postseason, and this season.

He was our worst player in game 1 and there's a reason why he was basically benched yesterday.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Pretty funny that he agrees with everyone about his decision. :laugh:

I will say that on that last shot I did think it was a sure goal, like Nyquist said. I didn't think Rask knew where it was going to go and that entire left side looked open. Just got a piece of it. If Franzen scores there we don't have this conversation.

I thought so too.

I saw him checking out that far left corner and since he's a lefty I thought he was going to hit it. I feel like he missed by mere inches. UGH.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus

+/- used, argument void.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Also from the Kahn article:

Nyquist, as you'd expect, didn't have any issues with not being on the ice.

"You put your top players out there and I thought they created two really good chances," Nyquist said. "I thought Mule's shot there at the end was in there actually. I think it went off the knob (of Tuukka Rask's stick)."

That's a pretty mature thing to say, wonder if that's what he really thinks? He's gotta feel like THE man right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad