Post-Game Talk: Results are classified

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Not a good sign. Is it really going to be guys like Nyquist, Tatar and Glendening that drives our offence?
Z looked good in the first 2 games. Can't expect him to outplay the opposing team's top players night in and night out, those guys are generally 5-10 years younger. We need Pavel back so we can either have him and Z together or give one of them easier matchups every now and then. It also helps immensely if Weiss can actually center a 2nd line.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Yeah Ericsson needs to be off the top pairing, but outside of a trade how do we do that?

Think we need to keep Dekeyser with Smith. Waive kindl and ill with Kronner/XO DK/Smith Quincey/Ericsson? It can't be any worse right?

Anyway, 3 points from Anaheim/Bostonx2 isn't that bad considering we don't have Datsyuk (and Weiss, but at this point who knows if we'll ever have that, at least the one we expect).

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
what the hell was KFQ doing on that first goal? kindl too, should've been more aware.

early impressions of howard are good. he looks better. zett tdoesn't though..

jurco's shot looks little better. kid line had some struggles on D but they create offense so well. they should get more mins and glendening line a lot less.

dunno if this was more bruins playing better or us playing worse.

oh yeah, **** edzo.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
early impressions of howard are good. he looks better. zett tdoesn't though..

jurco's shot looks little better. kid line had some struggles on D but they create offense so well. they should get more mins and glendening line a lot less.

Zetterberg looked damn good the first two games. I hope this was just one of those games where things aren't clicking for whatever reason.

Was it just me, or was the Kid Line getting a ton more defensive starts this game? I just seemed to notice Sheahan always taking those draws. The entire team needs to help and and Sheahan really needs to buckle down on them. I know the Bruins are good at faceoffs, but still, it seemed like we lost almost all of them.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
There were moments, when I fell in love with our speed again, not to say with Goose's and Helm's speed.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Zetterberg looked damn good the first two games. I hope this was just one of those games where things aren't clicking for whatever reason.

Was it just me, or was the Kid Line getting a ton more defensive starts this game? I just seemed to notice Sheahan always taking those draws. The entire team needs to help and and Sheahan really needs to buckle down on them. I know the Bruins are good at faceoffs, but still, it seemed like we lost almost all of them.
Babcock seems to be a huge fan of Sheahan. Putting him out there on the PP in OT for example. With good reason too, Sheahan is playing great. Got a feeling Babs will move Abby or Nyquist to that line instead of Jurco to make it stronger defensively.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
jurco's shot looks little better. kid line had some struggles on D but they create offense so well. they should get more mins and glendening line a lot

Yeah, Babcock needs to relax and keep those minutes in check.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
I'll note that Kindl was brutally awful as usual. The way he allowed and played that breakaway was really something else, too. He clearly gives far less than two ***** about trying his best out there.

Let's be honest.. all 6 D were bad tonight. It's going to be a looooong season with that kind of play in their own end.

Thank you so much. Clearly all of us were deluding ourselves, and you were the single person present with the fortitude to tell it how it is. Really?

DeKeyser and Smith were pretty good. Quincey was OK. And this was one game.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Was it just me, or was the Kid Line getting a ton more defensive starts this game?

they go very few yes. but so did red wings overall. they actually had less def. zone starts relative to rest of the team than in the first two games. they are good at driving the play so it does make sense to start them in dzone. they just have to win that faceoff or get the puck other ways quick and start the transition as they still get pinned into their own zone little too much.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Detroit has a goalie who isn't known for his shootout skills, to put it mildly. But, I actually like shootouts. I just think something should be changed so that we don't see them quite so frequently.

One for five on power plays with only 20 shots on net demonstrates how talented Boston is defensively and it shows how badly the Wings are missing offensive creativity. So maybe with Datsyuk healthy, it would have been a different story.

Nyquist turned in an outstanding 15:37. That's obvious.

The only statement I will make that could be controversial is concerning Detroit's top defensive pairing. It just seems like they haven't matched up well against the top lines of other teams in the few games played so far. However, I do feel that they showed good progress last night. A big hit at the right time is great, but often the team which hits most is the team that loses. It was great to see a shift of focus to takeaways and blocks.

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Zetterberg looked like he was just not in the game, whatsoever. I can't remember the last time I saw him so disengaged.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Zetterberg looked like he was just not in the game, whatsoever. I can't remember the last time I saw him so disengaged.

Yea it was very odd to see him look so lost out there even against one of the top defensive lines in the league. didn't look focused at all. Maybe he was ill or something :dunno:

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Yeah Ericsson needs to be off the top pairing, but outside of a trade how do we do that?

Think we need to keep Dekeyser with Smith. Waive kindl and ill with Kronner/XO DK/Smith Quincey/Ericsson? It can't be any worse right?

Wouldn't want to put XO on the first pair, if Big E needs to be off of the 1st pair I'd run:

Kronwall-Dekeyser
Ericsson-Smith
Quincey-Kindl

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Wouldn't want to put XO on the first pair, if Big E needs to be off of the 1st pair I'd run:

Kronwall-Dekeyser
Ericsson-Smith
Quincey-Kindl

Would be okay with this.

Given the success Smith had in that spot last year, wouldn't mind putting him at 1RD.

Kronwall-Smith
Dekeyser-Ericsson
Quincey-Ouellet/Jensen

Kindl needs to disappear.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
It would be great to see a veteran score a goal once in a while.

Too bad our 3 best scoring chances of the game involved Glendening and Miller.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Was nice to see KFQ finish a few checks last night.... In a matter of a few minutes, in the 2nd period I believe, he put down two really good checks on Bruin players... Why the hell hasn't he done that before?

Actual Thought*

One of these games, Howard and the rest of the team are going to be in sync and we're going to go on a ****ing tear.

I'm willing to just cough this one up to a bad game, maybe too long a rest. Basically no one looked that good today save Howard. Nyquist had a great goal but most of the game the entire team was pretty lackluster. Vastly outshot and outpossessed.

I honestly believe Babcock sees the shootout as kind of a throwaway.

It seems whenever teams are off a few days they just play flat the first game back. They seemed to find a little spark in the 3rd and tied the game. I think if you play flat and still get a point out of a desperate Boston team you can chalk it up as a +.

I think shootouts are a dumb way to determine the winner of a hockey game. I would rather have no decision. They aren't exciting, they aren't compelling. Just plain dumb IMO.

Nyquist scores every game:handclap:

Actual Thought*

I agree. It seemed like we got in the most trouble when his line was on the ice as well. I think on top of that Boston played very well which made it even worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad