Post-Game Talk: Requiem for the 2023 NHL Draft

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
The biggest problem of this franchise is the absence of Elite talent.... Ok we are complete at all positions but name me an Elite player in this team and his prospects? There are not any . Too often having bad selections in the 1 st round, or traiding our 1 st and 2 nd round picks, it gives this: a small and average team.

Reactions: hockeyguy2022

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I'm not defending anything and there's no irony.

yes, there's irony, genius, you're being super judgmental as you can't accept people see things differently.

If you read my message properly, it is a message board afterall, it's more calling out all the whiners every time management does something,

See more irony as you're whining about whiners. You're a whiner yourself. You call people judgmental, yet you're being super judgemental. You were like that in the PLD thread. Whining about people, not actually debating.

just for them to get a get out of jail free card by saying "I'll eat crow". This fanbase is toxic at the best of times and we're hated everywhere now.

Every fanbase is hated by other fanbases. Every fanbase is toxic to the same degree, except maybe the Leafs. And more irony again as you are being toxic by being intolerant of different views and sentiments. Instead of simply debating, you act completely triggered.

I mean, if you don't like it here, GTFO, here's the door, good riddance.

Matheson trade was the same as well. Tons of people hated on it, as usual. How's that looking now?
Dude, the great majority of moves will not be unanimously accepted. And it's not the same people everytime. Grow the f*** up and realize we all have our own extremely varying likes and dislikes, our own unique desires and expectations.

People have a right to dislike something, adolf.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
You see it in the trade threads all the time....

Can't deny that... but overall I can't fault people for complaining when any move that looks good individually translates to nothing in the grand scheme of things.

It's not like Hugo's moves have been homeruns yet. Most are mostly up for debate

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
We still need elite talent but I really like how our D in shaping up.

Its not like our offense is barren, we're still decent up front but with another great talent I think this team could do some damage in a few years. Getting that player obviously won't be easy though.

Can we get the Celebrini thread going already? :laugh:

Reactions: Habsrule

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
What's the point of watching hockey, cheering for a team?

Both in terms of winning and entertaining, they have failed for 30 years.

This draft was an insult.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Holy shit, I just watched the Lapointe & Bobrov PC.

Bobrov looks sad. Not enthusiastic at all. Very different from last year.

When you read El Cloun's strange tweets from last night, it gives me the vibes they wanted Michkov but got overruled at the last minute.

The people deserves to know who is responsible.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Holy shit, I just watched the Lapointe & Bobrov PC.

Bobrov looks sad. Not enthusiastic at all. Very different from last year.

When you read El Cloun's strange tweets from last night, it gives me the vibes they wanted Michkov but got overruled at the last time.
Lol because El Cloun said it, it must be true.

What a crock of shit. They wanted the RD, they always did. They were unanimous and had him high on their list since the winter.

MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Oct 3, 2019
They went with the second best because stupid Molson didn’t want to deal with the Michkov show. It’s a joke, he should never get involved in hockey decisions. Also, they better trade Dvorak before his clause kicks in

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
What's the point of watching hockey, cheering for a team?

Both in terms of winning and entertaining, they have failed for 30 years.

This draft was an insult.

Like 20 of us watched the finals and were active in the playoffs thread.

Playoffs hockey is so good but most are stuck in fandom. Unfortunate, especially in the modern era with easy access to all the games.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I expected getting rid at least of 1-2 vets :

Edmundaon
Savard
Dvorak
Hoffman
Armia
Anderson

I don't even know what are we rebuilding exactly, we are using the same material
You should realize no one is going to want Hoffman and Armia. They will keep Savard for the young D. The reat, there’s over 2 months left of summer, including free agency. When a team strikes out on this bad crop, they will come to the Habs.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Lol because El Cloun said it, it must be true.

What a crock of shit. They wanted the RD, they always did. They were unanimous and had him high on their list since the winter.

Dude have you seen Bobrov's tone and facial expressionj at the PC? Does this look like a man enthusiastic about defending the choice they made yesterday?

The contrast with last year was significant.

Whoever took the real decision should have sat his ass in that presser.

Reactions: amethyst

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Dude have you seen Bobrov's tone and facial expressionj at the PC? Does this look like a man enthusiastic about defending the choice they made yesterday?

The contrast with last year was significant.

Whoever took the real decision should have sat his ass to that presser.
He always looks like that. He’s f***ing Russian. Just like Michkov looked miserable even after getting drafted.

Reactions: Fuonki and Rapala

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Reinbacher = Awesome pick could not ask for a better pick after the top 3 (I hate Mitchov attitude)
Fowler = Goalie is a stud, his stats are talking for himself, he sure will have some NHL games.
Xhekaj = Might be a 4th liner that brings some protection for our little guy. (got picked a bit early)
Bogdan = Seems like a legit D that can be trusted on the ice, did not know him at first but i like him now.
Miller = wow might be a steal that kid's got game. will see in the next season with the Rempart when he's #1 goalie there.
The rest i don't really care and pretty sure we won't heard from them in the long run, Maybe Harris could suprise us..

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He always looks like that. He’s f***ing Russian. Just like Michkov looked miserable even after getting drafted.

Complete bullshit, and very racist tweet too, but never mind that.

Bobrov didn't look like that at all last year.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
yes, there's irony, genius, you're being super judgmental as you can't accept people see things differently.

See more irony as you're whining about whiners. You're a whiner yourself. You call people judgmental, yet you're being super judgemental. You were like that in the PLD thread. Whining about people, not actually debating.

Every fanbase is hated by other fanbases. Every fanbase is toxic to the same degree, except maybe the Leafs. And more irony again as you are being toxic by being intolerant of different views and sentiments. Instead of simply debating, you act completely triggered.

I mean, if you don't like it here, GTFO, here's the door, good riddance.

Dude, the great majority of moves will not be unanimously accepted. And it's not the same people everytime. Grow the f*** up and realize we all have our own extremely varying likes and dislikes, our own unique desires and expectations.

People have a right to dislike something, adolf.
Don't know who you are talking too because he's on my ignore list.
So i beleive you, your post makes sense :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Keith Jones, president of the Flyers just now: “Number one for us is getting talent…We want some 100-point players.” Just saying that there's two scouting staff. One who believe they picked up a franchise players and one that must of not believed said player was. Time will tell.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
4 great arguments that wreck everything you say and all you can go for is a personal attack. Typical.

@Clownzymandias

stop-already-dead.gif

the fella he’s arguing with literally called him hitler for disagreeing lol

Reactions: Guy Larose

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You guys want to know what is more scary?
Philadelphia, San Jose and Chicago should finish near the bottom next year and they will have very decent chance to also get Celebrini or Eiserman or Demidov to what they currently have! That's a f***ing amazing rebuild!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad