Post-Game Talk: Requiem for the 2023 NHL Draft

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
ZkDXdGX.gif

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Every time there's a trade or a draft, we get this reaction from people who think they know better, just to come back a year or 2 later and tell us they will eat crow. Last year was the Dach trade and not picking (W)right. This year it's the draft and Newhook which are both too early to judge. Well this year we're fresh out of crow bitches and you'll get called out for your judgmental attitudes :laugh:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Disappointed we don't have the Michkov lotto ticket to be excited about for the next 2-3 seasons...

but overall quite happy with the prospects we've added and Newhook.

Even moreso than last year, the outcomes draft class and how well they develop (or are leveraged for other assets) will be a good litmus test of HuGo's management skill. No reason to doubt, yet. Hope it stays that way.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Every time there's a trade or a draft, we get this reaction from people who think they know better, just to come back a year or 2 later and tell us they will eat crow. Last year was the Dach trade and not picking (W)right. This year it's the draft and Newhook which are both too early to judge. Well this year we're fresh out of crow bitches and you'll get called out for your judgmental attitudes :laugh:
Except they've mostly always been right, because this organization has been f***ing awful.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Except they've mostly always been right, because this organization has been f***ing awful.
Who's been right? HuGo has been on the job for only it's 2nd draft. No way to tell yet. The Dach trade a whole lot of you were wrong. Slaf played 39 games as an 18 year old, so too early to tell. Just people jumping to conclusions way too early.

ToNedOuT

Apr 22, 2004
Victoria BC
I had to put my dog down today and the draft was underwhelming. Double sad.

But, for the draft, I remember us being a winner in the 2012 draft and it turned out to be awful so who knows.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
It's not sexy, but I remember that in 2012 everyone one, even opposing teams fans, thought we won the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00