Report: Red Wings expected to bring back Ken Holland

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Wings will get a youth infusion but it’s not there quite yet. Next year Svechnikov, Turgeon, Rasmussen, Cholowski, Hronek and Hicketts will be full or part-timers. They’re not rushing no-name prospects just because.
None of those prospects are tracking to be top line players, let alone cornerstones to truly build upon.

Their upcoming 1st rounder will be the first pick that might actually have the impactful talent they've desperately needed for years...and based on his overall track record so far, I'm skeptical that Wright will make great choices.

Right now was the opportune time to clean house and go in a new direction, not keep the dinosaur around for another chance to refill on veteran depth, and draft "heavy" players, instead of those with the most skill.

Get ready for a 3-5 year deal on Mike Green, complete with a full NTC. Because reasons.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
You don’t think they’d need to make a move or two to fit him in?
More like he wouldn't even answer the phone. Like Stamkos before him, Tavares would be a fool to join this dumpster fire.

This mess only gets sorted out by hitting multiple home runs in the draft, and no longer being overly loyal to existing roster players. Two things I don't believe the current regime is very good at.

kevind122684

Mar 23, 2018
theres enough free agent talent to turn the redwings around quick, nvm the decent draft position they'll have, Tavares, JVR, JT miller, Carlson, Karlsson are just the first few names to come to mind, not saying they will necessarily go after these guys but there is real good talent available this offseason

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Mailbag: Devils' playoff chances, Red Wings' rebuild
"They also need center Michael Rasmussen, the No. 9 pick in the 2017 NHL Draft, to become a difference-maker, and left wing Evgeny Svechnikov, the No. 19 pick in the 2015 NHL Draft, to be an impact player sooner rather than later. They picked Svechnikov before the Minnesota Wild took center Joel Eriksson Ek at No. 20, the Vancouver Canucks selected forward Brock Boeser at No. 23 and the Flyers chose forward Travis Konecny at No. 24. It would look even worse if Svechnikov is a draft bust because those three players are certainly not. Defenseman Dennis Cholowski, the No. 20 pick in the 2016 NHL Draft, also needs to become an impact player."

They need, they need, they need.....they need all the planets to be aligned and for shooting stars to shoot across the sky every night for a few weeks....and...

Seriously, it appears as though he should have been canned yesterday?

He might not be the worst but he's crippling the Red Wings right now.

What rebuilding team doesn't need their 1st round picks to pan out? Are you honestly surprised by this?

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
What rebuilding team doesn't need their 1st round picks to pan out? Are you honestly surprised by this?
That wasn't my point. I was trying to illustrate that the management/decision making (with drafting/trades etc.) has been very poor.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
It's crazy to watch my team skate down the ice and constantly think, "Awesome piece, awesome piece, Oh God that contract we're doomed, Oh God that contract we're doomed."

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Why is this such a bad thing?

Holland deserves a chance to start the rebuild. He did a great job keeping a winning team winning, and pushed good teams over the top. He's never been in charge of a full rebuild before, so why would anyone assume he will do a bad job?

He sure got the first step right with the Tatar trade!

Why is this a bad thing? I'm not even going to waste time listing the reasons.

Holland doesn't even think we need to do a full scale rebuild yet he deserves a chance to attempt it? Hell no.

He is not the huge reason they kept winning. It was hugely people behind the scenes.

It's absolutely scary the amount of people coming to Hollands rescue in this thread.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad