Report: Red Wings expected to bring back Ken Holland

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Report: Ken Holland expected to return in 2018-19 | Detroit Sports Nation

We sincerely apologize, but this isn’t a cruel early April Fools joke.

According to Detroit Red Wings beat writer Ansar Khan of MLive, the team is expected to bring back maligned general manager Ken Holland for next season – “with or without a contract”.

RequiredImpeccableKudu-size_restricted.gif

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
He's going to be rewarded with Dahlin and it will encourage ownership to keep Holland even longer

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
There's a line here as someone who doesn't like the Wings at all, but I also have sympathy for fans who must suffer an awful GM

I feel so conflicted with this news

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Why is this such a bad thing?

Holland deserves a chance to start the rebuild. He did a great job keeping a winning team winning, and pushed good teams over the top. He's never been in charge of a full rebuild before, so why would anyone assume he will do a bad job?

He sure got the first step right with the Tatar trade!

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Oh how far the Wings organization has fallen. The sooner the old boys club gets pushed out the sooner they will make it back to the top, but we will have to wait a while longer for that. Heres to a few more years of absolute complacency by Ken Holland:cheers:

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Why is this such a bad thing?

Holland deserves a chance to start the rebuild. He did a great job keeping a winning team winning, and pushed good teams over the top. He's never been in charge of a full rebuild before, so why would anyone assume he will do a bad job?

He sure got the first step right with the Tatar trade!

Yeah but it’s been almost a decade since then.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
While obviously the main culprit for the Wing’s current problems, ever since Holland saw the writing on the wall last year I really don’t dislike any of the moves he made, and he actually overperformed both trade deadlines in regards to return, even with Mike Green being injured and unable to be moved.

Past two years he traded away

Tatar (1,2,3)
Jurco (3rd)
Ott (6th)
Mrazek (3rd and conditionsk 4th)
Vanek (3rd)
And Brendan Smith (2nd, 3rd).

And in return got
A 1st, two seconds, 5 thirds, a conditional 4th and a 6th.

That’s a solid return for a whole lot of nothing tbh, and if Green hadn’t got hurt at the worst possible time, there would have been at least another second

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
While obviously the main culprit for the Wing’s current problems, ever since Holland saw the writing on the wall last year, I really don’t dislike any of the moves he made, and he actually overperformed both trade deadlines in regards to return, even with Mike Green being injured and unable to be moved.

Past two years he traded away

Tatar
Jurco
Ott
Mrazek
Vanek
And Brendan Smith

And in return got
A 1st, two seconds, 5 thirds, a conditional 4th and a 6th.

That’s a solid return for a whole lot of nothing tbh

I don't think his TRADES have been bad. But man his CONTRACTS he's given out have been brutal. NTC's handed out like candy have really hamstrung his team.

Reactions: jkutswings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad