Report: Red Wings expected to bring back Ken Holland

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Holland needs to step up and clean out all the crap contracts, any way he can. Completely infuse the roster with young players. I bet with opportunity, you'd find a lot of Marty frk types in the system. Build through draft like he's doing, and just be patient. It's hard for such a successful organization to go through this. But honestly, his signings are my only issues with him as an outsider.

Seider Town

Aug 9, 2014
USA
Bring back Holland for one...
Yzermans contract is up in Tampa after next year...

The Captains homecoming is in the works!!!

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Holland has been fine since he was tasked with rebuilding. He has gotten fantastic returns for Smith, Tatar, Jurco, and Mrazek; and has added a ton of picks over the past year. He was tasked with continuing the longest playoff streak in sports and did so as long as he could. Now he is tasked with rebuilding the team. I'd still love to know where people think the Wings would be without the likes of Helm, Abdelkader, and Nielsin? So they are Buffalo bad without those depth pieces, who cares? Who exactly is Buffalo attracting with all the cap space lying around and with abysmal depth? People can keep complaining about the contracts, but they don't make any difference at all to the predicament the Wings are in.

Reactions: jetsforever

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
It is when “trying to win” means let’s get to the first round and lose to preserve a streak instead of rebuilding because our team really isn’t very good anymore.

No team that is really trying to win signs Danny Dekeyser to a 5 million dollar per year contract.

The Wings quote outside of their dressing room says, "If you expect cups you are in the wrong league." -KH

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Just to give you the Wings fan perspective: some of us are worried that a Ken Holland doesn't change his stripes. We're worried that he's going to hurry the rebuild to get the Wings back to the 8th seed ASAP. And we're worried that ownership is encouraging this. $$$

We wanted a new GM as proof they're going a different direction. Obviously, that's not happening.

Reactions: jetsforever

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
You are twisting my words to fit your agenda here instead of having actual debate although im sure you know what I really meant. Its extremely obvious the defense was not going to become better once Lidstrom left, absolutely nobody will argue that, but he did nothing to shore up the defense to stay competitive once Lidstrom left. He did nothing to improve the post Lidstrom defense aside at throwing an offer Suters way and that's about it.

Oh my goodness. Not every disagreement means someone has an "agenda". Chill.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Other than trading one year of Datsyuk's cap hit, instead of taking Chychrun at that spot in the draft.
While Chychurn is obviously good, both Cholowski and especially Hronek are top tier prospects. It’s not as bad as people think. Given Holland’s objective (even if misguided), he got a decent return

Last edited:
Reactions: lidstromiscool

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Do you feel like the death of Illitch is going to hurt the Red Wings and cause dark days ahead? Or is it not that big of a deal.
I think it all ready has, his kid only cares about the amount of seats sold at the new rink. And most of the seats are bought up in big blocks by company's that is why they keep telling everyone it's the 5 millionth sell out but in all reality there are tons of seats open every game. Money is the pizza kids goal not a good team and it shows.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Im ok with this.
His trades have been fine and running out of old players to give bad contracts to.
The bad contracts will be gone soon and the Wings will be right back in the thick of it.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Do you feel like the death of Illitch is going to hurt the Red Wings and cause dark days ahead? Or is it not that big of a deal.
100% yes. Mr. Ilitich was the most knowledgeable on what his team did or did not need, and had the stones to do what was needed. When his health began to decline, it all fell apart.

His son is a bean counter at best, and only cares about profit and is utterly clueless, which would explain even the notion of Holland coming back, which is utterly insane. :banghead:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
100% yes. Mr. Ilitich was the most knowledgeable on what his team did or did not need, and had the stones to do what was needed. When his health began to decline, it all fell apart.

His son is a bean counter at best, and only cares about profit and is utterly clueless, which would explain even the notion of Holland coming back, which is utterly insane. :banghead:

Is this the cokehead son that is running the team, or a different one?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad