Replace the coaching staff with what?

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Let Pronger be the GM, that dude demands respect and gives zero f***s to what people think, if I was to put money on it Bruce Bruce, or Toch they will replace AV with because Flyers, I could get on board with Danny B being a stop gap, which thinking more about that I really like that because of his relationship to G, I believe he would listen to G and allow him to dictate more of what the team does on the ice, who knows at this point?
they are killing me slowly with the bullshit product for the last decade, but more with they way the have run the franchise, they are so far behind any trend in hockey that winning teams embrace, Scott is a jit bag and should be shot into space, Homer needs to go all of the FO needs to go
I just hate the state of the team for the last 5-6 years I hate the coaching choices the idiot GM's have made and I had high hopes for Hexy but what did I expect when hiring an ex-goalie to be a GM, meanwhile the teams in the Metro will lap the Flyers and a t this rate they will be mediocre until 2044

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I think Briere would be worth a gamble. Hes a smart guy and knows how to manage people....he had the media wrapped around his finger when he was here. I also think his career of proving the dinosaurs wrong wouldnt translate into him adopting their roster philosophy. I could see him charming the old guard while ultimately doing his own thing.

If we need to hire former Flyers, we can at least try one that was actually good at hockey for once.
He wasn’t the Bully type of Flyer but he knew how to get the best out of his play. Tough SOB who was never afraid of going anywhere on the ice to make a play. Motion was his game; not a burner but far from slow. It would be interesting to see who he would bring in as assistants. That would divulge what type of game he would want to see played.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Tulsky.

I'm telling you, this shit is easy as piss.

Can you believe he’s actually 46? Not that it’s an abnormal age for a GM. But yes. I do think Carolina would dig their feet in about him leaving. But at a certain paycheck and job offer from the Flyers, what could they do? I can’t imagine a Flyers fan site guy actually becoming GM. That has to have a certain dreamy appeal.

But again: think Dean Lombardi. No chance Dave Scott hires anyone but a name, and with Holmgren or Clarke offering advice, no chance that brain trust hires a nerd bitch who has never even played the game. Doomed.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Can you believe he’s actually 46? Not that it’s an abnormal age for a GM. But yes. I do think Carolina would dig their feet in about him leaving. But at a certain paycheck and job offer from the Flyers, what could they do?

But again: think Dean Lombardi. No chance Dave Scott hires anyone but a name, and with Holmgren or Clarke offering advice, no chance that brain trust hires a nerd bitch who has never even played the game.

You really, REALLY don't need to splain that to me of all people :laugh:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I could only imagine Chris Therrien’s rant if the Flyers hired an analytic guy with no playing background.

The entire Old Guard looking at the Flyers hire someone smart and competent without nepotistic ties:

dont_know_who_you_are_breaking_bad.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You may not like him, but the man is not abjectly stupid. He knows his ass is on the line if they can't figure it out. There's no real roster move they can make. Trades don't happen this time of year, at least not ones that can change the course of your season unless you overpay.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Can you believe he’s actually 46? Not that it’s an abnormal age for a GM. But yes. I do think Carolina would dig their feet in about him leaving. But at a certain paycheck and job offer from the Flyers, what could they do? I can’t imagine a Flyers fan site guy actually becoming GM. That has to have a certain dreamy appeal.

But again: think Dean Lombardi. No chance Dave Scott hires anyone but a name, and with Holmgren or Clarke offering advice, no chance that brain trust hires a nerd bitch who has never even played the game. Doomed.

We just need @CanadianFlyer88 to leak a few tidbits to his buddy Elliotte Friedman about the Flyers and other important teams being interested in Tulsky. BAM! He's a name Comcast will recognize.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
after taking time. Eric tulsky would be smart. that organization has figured out winning in the margins.

wouldn't mind Danny being his assistant gm.

coach is harder. I want someone who knows the game and how to get the most out of the talent.
Saddest part is that I have zero confidence flyers will actually hire someone competent or even if we are lucky enough to pick really high that we will draft and then be able to develop actual difference maker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad