5) Vanek offer sheet
6) Nylander trade
7) Heatley trade
8) Comrie Fiasco
9) Souray Fiasco
10) Krueger skype firing
11) Tom Renney ....
12) Yakupov and agent
Whether the management is at fault for all of these or some is a matter of opinion but that's a lot of bad publicity over the years.

dont forget tier 1 tier 2 fan speech by might kevin lowe. and the water bottle incident is pretty fresh in my mind

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
With Lowe liking to dip his fingers into the coaching pool, does anyone else think that he might have told Eakins to play Yak on the third line to restrict his points, so he has less bargaining power on his next contract? Or am I conspiracy theory'ing too much here.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
With Lowe liking to dip his fingers into the coaching pool, does anyone else think that he might have told Eakins to play Yak on the third line to restrict his points, so he has less bargaining power on his next contract? Or am I conspiracy theory'ing too much here.

Last thing we need is another #1 pick getting a big payday next off-season, MacT spent all the money. It's up to Larionov to make a stink if what you're proposing is the case. Obviously our management is not above micromanaging our coaches though, as Renney revealed.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I forgot the most obvious one with Eakins. Here's another example of BS.

14) Tkachev signing rejected.

Not to mention our captain at the time, Ethan Moreau not paying a team restaurant bill.

dont forget tier 1 tier 2 fan speech by might kevin lowe. and the water bottle incident is pretty fresh in my mind

And the whole being in the toilet for 8 years thing. Add that to the list too.

Added.
19) Peter Polckington
20) Katz trip to Seattle

Last edited:

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
http://youtu.be/V-KAoQ6mgNk

According to MacT:

There is a certain amount of residual effects that come on the tail end of all that (80's) success.

I wonder if he meant arrogance, incompetence, narcissism or the "success"ful creation of KLowes dystopic Oilers franchise.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
http://youtu.be/V-KAoQ6mgNk

According to MacT:

There is a certain amount of residual effects that come on the tail end of all that (80's) success.

I wonder if he meant arrogance, incompetence, narcissism or the "success"ful creation of KLowes dystopic Oilers franchise.

That video will never go away. He made no real point by separating the fans like that? It didn't help answer the question. Outside of the comment about the group who was one game away from winning the cup, I don't think he answered the question.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Troublesome, and it aligns with Souray's statements when he demanded a trade.

I can only hope Tambellini was the biggest factor in this.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004

Anything is possible, but I doubt that is going on. Lowe, being in charge of hockey ops, wants everything to be successful and a player being successful usually helps the team be successful. Even if it makes him too expensive, you hope that can be turned into other useful assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad