News Article: Renney reveals a little on firing

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Makes sense why RNH played almost 30 minutes in his first game back from major shoulder surgery with no training camp to boot.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Renney then went on to be an assistant coach under Babcock in Detroit and raved about how great of an environment it was there.

There is absolutely ZERO chance that Babcock will sign on to coach here as long as Lowe and MacT are in charge.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
I don't think this is very ground breaking stuff here, everyone knew back then that these were the reasons he was fired. He sheltered the kids, a majority of people on this very board used to scream bloody murder about him doing it too... had to play Hall more! Had to play Eberle more! etc etc etc.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Wow that is brutal

Thanks Renney for actually having some integrity.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
Why does it say it was translated??
The way the article was written, it sounds like a lot of nonsense.

Mr McV

Oct 9, 2008
Penticton
This also lends credence to Sheldon Souray's claims. Then the team buried him in the minors. Total POS organization run by Lowe.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
Same reason Barry Melrose was fired from Tampa, because he wouldn't play Stamkos as a rookie.

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
Renney then went on to be an assistant coach under Babcock in Detroit and raved about how great of an environment it was there.

There is absolutely ZERO chance that Babcock will sign on to coach here as long as Lowe and MacT are in charge.

Was there ever a chance he would coach here. Really.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012

Mact wasn't part of the management group when Renney was here.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I didn't really get this line. They were good but he didn't wanna play them?

He didn't want them to be rushed back into game play and didn't want to risk them getting worse chronic injuries. It's proven that fatigue leads to injuries.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Most of this board(myself included) would have agreed with management over this.

But man it's ugly to read given the way things have ended up

EnthusiasticYak

Mar 7, 2014
So then this means that Eakins is being told how to coach the team. The Hunt over a Marincin decision makes a lot more sense now. Management will continue to "sell hope" by acquiring top draft picks and Eakins will be used as the scapegoat.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Hold on, everyone already hates management, what difference do these comments make? Am I supposed to hate Lowe more than I already do?

There's a maximum management hating saturation level for me. I've already reached it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad