Rene Bourque

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
It always amazes me how people think the reason guys like Bourque don't produce is because of laziness. Do you really think he could be this amazing player and just chooses not to?

He doesn't have the competitiveness of a Gallagher, but guess what most people don't and it's not because they're lazy or because they doesn't care. That kind of compete level is a talent/skill just like any other.
Never thought about it that way, but maybe you're right. Good post.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
It always amazes me how people think the reason guys like Bourque don't produce is because of laziness. Do you really think he could be this amazing player and just chooses not to?

He doesn't have the competitiveness of a Gallagher, but guess what most people don't and it's not because they're lazy or because they doesn't care. That kind of compete level is a talent/skill just like any other.

He earned the lazy reputation long before he came to Montreal. And Therrien tolerates it for whatever reason.

No one on the Bruins floats during a game. That's not talent or skill. Its called hustling. The difference is that the Bruins coaching staff requires it. Habs? Not so much.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
I'm not gonna defend the player because he could definitely play better. But would it kill MT to try and get him going by putting him with Max/DD? Gallagher hasn't exactly been lighting it up points wise and he could definitely help Eller who he has chemistry with.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I'm not gonna defend the player because he could definitely play better. But would it kill MT to try and get him going by putting him with Max/DD? Gallagher hasn't exactly been lighting it up points wise and he could definitely help Eller who he has chemistry with.

Bourque would drag down Pacioretty because he is forever behind the play........on offense and defense.

Hopefully Bergevin will be accepting picks for Bourque. We dont need his sorry lazy ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad