Rene Bourque

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
You're all going to get a heart attack!!!

Breathe in...breathe out!!!!

Bourque...Briere...they're all here to test your patience!!

Just for the playoffs!!
(these guys are on sleeping pills right now....but they usually take lots of Red Bull for the playoffs...that's just the way these players are!! they only deliver when it really counts!!!:nod:).

BLONG7:
this could be a good thing...just put a player in the press box for 1-2 games (ex: Bourque, Briere)...it could be a good ''wake-up'' call...maybe it'll save us from just getting rid of them for nothing...not good if injuries to our top 9 piles up. Ayoye...danger. Always have to think ahead...in case of injuries.

From The Couch

Jan 14, 2014
West PQ
LOL!!

IF our 1st Pick is a top five...I'd keep it!!!!! (our top 5 overall pick, Bourque, Collberg, Pateryn VS Yakupov........ I'm not doing the trade!).

There could be a better prospect in the 2014 top 5 overall...

Yeah, exactly, that's what I'm saying. I doubt mactavish would even consider it if it wasn't a top 5 pick.

aaa

Jan 17, 2013
I don't know exactly what the issues with him are but he played a really good game tonight. The shot on Orpik was great to see. Hopefully he's out to prove something because when he's motivated he can be a really good player.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
LOL!!

IF our 1st Pick is a top five...I'd keep it!!!!! (our top 5 overall pick, Bourque, Collberg, Pateryn VS Yakupov........ I'm not doing the trade!).

There could be a better prospect in the 2014 top 5 overall...

And, you never know...Therrien might not even reunite Galchenyuk and Yakupov!!! Next thing you know...Yakupov goes back to Russia and everyone cries and hates Therrien!!:p:
(and no more Bourque, 1st Rnd pick, Pateryn, Collberg!!!).

Ok, back to reality...!!

Call me crazy/delusional...I'm still hoping Bourque and Briere deliver in playoffs!!! :help: me!!
(but maybe Briere has to be a CENTER to deliver...like he did with Philly!).

Bourque/Briere-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-DD-Gallagher/Bourque
Galchenyuk-Eller-Bourque/Briere/Gallagher
Moen-White/Bournival-Prust

With the way the team is playing right now, the only things Brière & Bourque are going to deliver during the playoffs is Pizzas.

I don't know exactly what the issues with him are but he played a really good game tonight. The shot on Orpik was great to see. Hopefully he's out to prove something because when he's motivated he can be a really good player.

We all know he can do this 1 game out of 6 (or 5). It still doesn't change the fact that he would clear waivers.

aaa

Jan 17, 2013
All the people who loved that trade are nowhere to be seen.

I actually didn't like the trade at the time, but looking back at it now we shed some salary in the short-term and got Fucale so it wasn't a terrible trade. Cammalieri's production was great but he did seem like he needed a lot of attention and may not have been the greatest teammate. Not the best trade in the world but it isn't as bad as a lot of others in recent memory.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I actually didn't like the trade at the time, but looking back at it now we shed some salary in the short-term and got Fucale so it wasn't a terrible trade. Cammalieri's production was great but he did seem like he needed a lot of attention and may not have been the greatest teammate. Not the best trade in the world but it isn't as bad as a lot of others in recent memory.

Fucale is the only thing good about the trade. Salary saved was wasted on dead weight players who shouldn't be on the team.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Fucale is the only thing good about the trade. Salary saved was wasted on dead weight players who shouldn't be on the team.

Fucale is definitely the only potential to be that trade's saving grace. It certainly didn't help us in the short term. Got a much worse player and did nothing with the saved cap space.

PunkinDrublic*

Bourque will not play for Therrien...can't stand the ****er.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

He was not traded for Fucale. He was traded for a pick. That was a terrible trade based on what we got for Cammy.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
All the people who loved that trade are nowhere to be seen.

I'll fess up to it. I liked the trade. I thought we were getting some sort of power forward. Pretty disappointed. Though, I don't really miss Cammalleri. He was a good sniper, but he was getting annoying making futile plays. I remember him having the puck and just passing it in front of the opponents' net whenever our players weren't where he wanted them to be. Plus, all that crap about him wanting to break the only working line so he could play on it.

aaa

Jan 17, 2013
Bourque's bad play may have just been him wanting out of Montreal. This is good news. Anything we get for him is a bonus

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
I understand the frustration regarding Bourque, but injuries have a big hand in all this. Watching TSN a while ago, i can't recall if it was Bobby Mac or LeBrun saying that Bourque is done, that Bergevin has been trying to move him and can't find a taker. Concussions have slowed him down and made him shy away from contact.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
He is a useless overpaid player. Those saying he only makes 3.5 or whatever it say it's what he is worth, but he is producing like a 4th liner.

If he wasn't big, he would have been waived by now. Sadly how this team has been built, they rely on this donkey

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
I for one am shocked that the salary dump we got in this trade isn't an elite power forward. Just outrageous that this 3rd liner hasn't scored 30 goals yet on this stacked team of offensive juggernauts. Good work hfhabsboard, your hockey knowledge is beyond reproach.

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003
I for one am shocked that the salary dump we got in this trade isn't an elite power forward. Just outrageous that this 3rd liner hasn't scored 30 goals yet on this stacked team of offensive juggernauts. Good work hfhabsboard, your hockey knowledge is beyond reproach.

Nice to see you finally come around and realize how much Bourque sucks. It just took you much longer than most, no big deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad