Rene Bourque

Figaro95*

0 pts in his last 12 games.

7 pts in 35 games.

41 hits in 35 games.

You have to think this passenger will get off the bus soon?

Maybe he has off ice problems?

His numbers overall in Montreal are atrocious, it's beyond just being a streaky player.

JPGoHabsGo

May 30, 2013
I notice alot of the time he disappears he ends up having tried to play through an injury. He was very unimpressive when he first came here, and it turned out he had an injury. Same thing last year where he kinda disappeared then went out with another injury.

Wouldnt be surprised if that was the case.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
To :kings2

Rene Bourque

To :habs

Tumblr_l4bllwnoOe1qas9jro1_400.jpg

:yo:

NewHabsEra*

I dont think Bourque deserves a thread, not even worth taking about..

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
I want him gone. Brings virtually nothing to the table. At this point I would almost take anything for him.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
There's something I like about Bourque, it's his consistency. He's very consistent at being invisible, so every night there's a game and I turn it on I know what I'll get with him and that's a whole lot of nothing.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
The main reason I don't mind Bourque is because when he isn't performing offensively, at least he is somewhat effective defensively and won't really harm the team when he is playing poorly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not even close to satisfied with his play, but I think there are other players on this team that are hurting us way more.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
The guy had so many concussions, I'm not surprised to see him regress.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I wonder how Jean Beliveau and John Ferguson would have handled Bourque and his lack of work ethic. This guy is beyond useless. Bergevin would be better to bring up a kid like Leblanc and sit "Bork". I am having a hard time with watching him, Gionta get valuable ice time and bring nothing

NewHabsEra*

The main reason I don't mind Bourque is because when he isn't performing offensively, at least he is somewhat effective defensively and won't really harm the team when he is playing poorly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not even close to satisfied with his play, but I think there are other players on this team that are hurting us way more.

tell me who.. the only guy you can argue that is hurting this team more is Briere..

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I wanted to buy Bourque out instead of Gomez when there was discussion of each team only getting one compliance buyout. That didn't go over very well, :laugh:. Hopefully Bourque gets bought out in the off season, it's over for him, time to move on.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
tell me who.. the only guy you can argue that is hurting this team more is Briere..

I think Briere, Murray and Bouillon hurt this team more overall as of late, and when they are playing poorly, Desharnais and Parros are even more useless than when Bourque is, because at least Bourque has a small trace of defensive awareness.

Saintpatrick*

Would rather have Kostitsyn AINEC

Same here. At least AK and SK showed flashes of brilliance on the ice. Bourque is a big body and decent defensively but he doesn't play with any passion what so ever. I agree with John though, Briere, Bouillon and DD need to be dealt with before Bourque.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I think Briere, Murray and Bouillon hurt this team more overall as of late, and when they are playing poorly, Desharnais and Parros are even more useless than when Bourque is, because at least Bourque has a small trace of defensive awareness.

I think all of the names you mentioned apart from Briere are wrong.

Murray has a 1 year deal and provides some toughness and crease clearing ability. He has a physical game at the very least but we'd agree he's far from a core player and likely someone we can do without in the future.

Boullion is overplayed but can be useful. As much as I think Boullion sucks sometimes, he's had far more better games than Bourque has.

Parros is an enforcer, how does he hurt the team if we barely even dress him?

Desharnais, fallacy. I won't bother with this one. GWG, SO wins, general offensive ability is better than what Bourque brings. DD is the scapegoat for everything at times, I don't think he belongs in same criteria as Bourque because DD actually tries and does more.

Briere, well he sucks. Shows signs of being a talented and effective player but was hoping for better.

As for defensive awareness. What good is it if you're not going to battle in the corners. Sure our small guys don't win every battle but they don't skate hard up and down the ice. Bourque's heart isn't into it, it's fairly obvious that he's not pulling the rope like everyone else. Does it mean he's a bad player? Nah, it means that the things that make him a good player aren't being done. Guy was a beast in Calgary. He used his size, his strength for chances. Sure, he was inconsistent but inconsistent beats non-existent every time.

Way I see it is Bourque has half a season and playoffs to prove his worth. He's done very little since being a hab. I have nothing against him personally nor do I think it's a OMG GTFO BORK situation but he can do more and I hope he does because habs will need to make a choice with him this off-season.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
This guy is a gutless POS. Gorges and even Moen have contributed more to the scoring sheet than this guy. What these two didn't have, though, is first, second wave PP time and Top 6 minutes to go along with. Bork is THAT bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad