Remember? (Random Bruins Related Junk)

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I know @Boston Bruno and I were regulars on the boston.com bruins chat board. We had many good times and fights with visitors.

Anyone on there in the late 90's/early 2000s?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Reminds me of some more KPD nicknames:

Let 'em in Lacher
Surfin' John Blue
And who remembers the player that had "the amazing technicolor 5 hole"

And not a nickname, but when a guy has a 0-0-0 line, he still occasionally refers to it as "the full Thornton", a reference to that forgettable series right before the lockout where Thornton toughed it out out with torn rib cartilage and wasn't able to produce in the 7 games.

That might have been the series where Dupes wrote the scathing article the morning of game 7 about the fact that Thornton should be stripped of his captaincy. The catalyst was the fact that he didn't speak to the media after game 6. Love Dupes, but I still ****es me off.

OT: "The Lachness Monster" became "Let 'em In Lacher." Throw him away, not interesting anymore. Next!

And Thornton should be "stripped of his captaincy." Not because he had a poor series, but because he wouldn't meet with prick media types like KPD. How dare he?

I always hated DuPont. Still do.

Reactions: Strafer and dabid

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Does anyone remember the old "Big Bad Bruins" board? I think that one was maybe five years before this one. It was kind of rowdy and I think totally unmoderated. Lots of fun, however. :laugh:

you mean the old bb.com? You bet I remember that place. I "met" a lot of people who eventually made their way over here

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
you mean the old bb.com? You bet I remember that place. I "met" a lot of people who eventually made their way over here
Nope. This was Big Bad Bruins. I know there's at least five of us here.

Reactions: BMC

aguineapig

He only had a cup of coffee but Richie LeDuc had cooler hair and stache than Derek. Remember watching Don Kirschner's Rock Concert and Guess Who singer [Burton Cummings?] had on an Orr jersey. And Richie had cooler hair than him too.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
He only had a cup of coffee but Richie LeDuc had cooler hair and stache than Derek. Remember watching Don Kirschner's Rock Concert and Guess Who singer [Burton Cummings?] had on an Orr jersey. And Richie had cooler hair than him too.
I think there was a Rich Leduc with the Nordiques back in the early-mid 80s. Same one?

Si Hopkins

Dec 8, 2007
Easthampton
magichelicopterpress.com
I know @Boston Bruno and I were regulars on the boston.com bruins chat board. We had many good times and fights with visitors.

Anyone on there in the late 90's/early 2000s?

I didn't get to the Boston.com board until 2005 and was a regular until 07 or so when it mostly died. It was pretty crazy. I remember people complaining wildly about HFboards as a place for snobs. I think back then you had to ask to be let in to HFboards?

Reactions: BMC and TP

aguineapig

Richie Leduc played with Gretz in Indy after jumping to WHA. Scored a goal and The Great One registered his first pro point with assist. Played with No'diques in maiden NHL season netting 21 goals

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
This is the crux of what I’ve been teaching in Civics lately. The delicate balance between liberty and order.

You are a high school teacher? And you teach civics?

If so, OT: Let's talk.

My impression has been that American high schools no longer teach civics, which (to me) amounts to societal suicide. I very much hope the pendulum is swinging back the other way.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
You are a high school teacher? And you teach civics?

If so, OT: Let's talk.

My impression has been that American high schools no longer teach civics, which (to me) amounts to societal suicide. I very much hope the pendulum is swinging back the other way.

We can take this to the OT thread, but the school I teach at is US History based. The students are required to take five credits in history/social studies to graduate. I teach US History and Civics. By comparison, at the traditional public school, they need 2.5 credits in social studies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
We can take this to the OT thread, but the school I teach at is US History based. The students are required to take five credits in history/social studies to graduate. I teach US History and Civics. By comparison, at the traditional public school, they need 2.5 credits in social studies.

I see. Can someone point us (or me) to the appropriate OT thread, or must I create one?

Any help appreciated.

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad