Speculation: Remainings UFA'S....where do you see them?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Emelin PTO to Montréal is just too much of a Bergevin move not to happen, even with the abundance of bottom pairing guys. In MB mind Emelin is probably still a #4 guy anyway. Can he still play the right side? I believe his first year on his off side in Montréal was good, then his second stint there he was awful.

Reactions: Bleed4RTeam

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Top 20 remaining FA forwards in terms of points:

1. Rick Nash
2. Mike Cammalleri
3. Daniel Winnik
4. Scott Hartnell
5. Mark Letestu
6. Troy Brouwer
7. Scottie Upshall
8. Benoit Pouliot
9. Alex Chiasson
10. Nick Shore
11. Chris Stewart
12. Antoine Vermette
13. Jussi Jokinen
14. Tommy Wingels
15. Drew Stafford
16. Logan Shaw
17. Jason Chimera
18. Dominic Moore
19. Matt Stajan
20. Joel Ward

And the top remaining FA D-men:

1. Luca Sbisa
2. Alexei Emelin
3. Johnny Oduya
4. Jakub Jerabek
5. Kevin Bieksa
6. Cody Franson
7. Brandon Davidson
8. Toby Enstrom
9. Dennis Seidenberg
10. Ryan Sproul

And the 4 FA goaltenders with NHL starts last year:

1. Kari Lehtonen
2. Ondrej Pavelec
3. Jeff Glass
4. Steve Mason

ship em all to Seattle and have Seattle win its first cup
we get to keep our players
everyone's happy

Reactions: McDonald19

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I'm surprised no one has givem Versteeg a deal...He's good when healthy.

37 points in 69 games a year ago is solid production for cheap.

Also Upshall should get a deal too, at around a mil he's good value and a good 4th liner. 19 points in 63 games last season...not sure why he hasn't gotten a deal yet.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
ship em all to Seattle and have Seattle win its first cup
we get to keep our players
everyone's happy

Your 2018-2019 Seattle Kraken!

Rick Nash - Mark Letestu - Mike Cammalleri
Benoit Pouliot - Antoine Vermette - Chris Stewart
Daniel Winnik - Nick Shore - Scott Hartnell
Scottie Upshall - Matt Stajan - Troy Brouwer
Jussi Jokinen

Johnny Oduya - Alexei Emelin
Luca Sbisa - Kevin Bieksa
Toby Enstrom - Cody Franson
Dennis Seidenberg

Kari Lehtonen
Steve Mason

Coach : Alain Vigneault

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Is Jerabek any good? His stats in the KHL and such seem pretty solid.

Could see a team needing depth on D signing him. But I didn't get to see him, so maybe he just sucks in the North American game.

Enstrom stands out to me on D. He could really solidify a team's bottom pairing, and could play 2nd pairing minutes in a pinch when needed. Would be a great signing to whoever gets him, IMO.

Reactions: dood

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Would like Colorado to sign Nash to a one year deal on an overpayment in actual dollars so he’ll sign without a NMC/NTC. Cap space to burn. Solid two way winger to help insulate Jost and shelter him into the 2C role. If the Avs are on the outside looking in he can be shipped off for a free asset with no restriction.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Vermette, Enstrom, Winnik will get contracts. I'll say Enstrom to TB for 1 or 2 years.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Would like Colorado to sign Nash to a one year deal on an overpayment in actual dollars so he’ll sign without a NMC/NTC. Cap space to burn. Solid two way winger to help insulate Jost and shelter him into the 2C role. If the Avs are on the outside looking in he can be shipped off for a free asset with no restriction.

I think I read he was sitting out this year.

Could be wrong.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Kinda surprised Hawks haven't signed Wingels yet. When we traded him at the deadline, he made it well known he had interest coming back to play in his hometown.

He's nothing special, but for under a million, he's fine. He could split time with Kunitz for the 12th/13th forward slots.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
I'm surprised no one has givem Versteeg a deal...He's good when healthy.

37 points in 69 games a year ago is solid production for cheap.

There is something about this guy. He has always produced and yet has been treated like a hot potato around the league.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Your 2018-2019 Seattle Kraken!

Rick Nash - Mark Letestu - Mike Cammalleri
Benoit Pouliot - Antoine Vermette - Chris Stewart
Daniel Winnik - Nick Shore - Scott Hartnell
Scottie Upshall - Matt Stajan - Troy Brouwer
Jussi Jokinen

Johnny Oduya - Alexei Emelin
Luca Sbisa - Kevin Bieksa
Toby Enstrom - Cody Franson
Dennis Seidenberg

Kari Lehtonen
Steve Mason

Coach : Alain Vigneault

Definitely would make the Stanley Cup finals.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Fair enough, I figured they couldnt make a **** team worse lol. I'm not saying they are out of the park great, most of the players on that list are better. I guess i'm bias cause i enjoyed bieksa on vancouver, i can see winnik, enstrom, letestu, etc getting contracts before them. I think i was just thinking about the **** teams and how anyone could join their teams lol. Can't see how bieksa or jokinen could make ottawa any worse then they are now LOOL

Regarding Bieksa, I enjoyed him in Vancouver too. I did not enjoy him in Anaheim. He's done. Even on a bad team, he gambles like he can still play and skate, but he can't. He would just be showing younger players how to play bad hockey. A bad team would be better off giving ice time to younger players.

Vermette too. Past face-offs, he has nothing left. Win the face-off... lose the puck due to bad center play. He's done.

Reactions: ajpro20

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Jussi Jokinen to Buffalo or (back to) Carolina in 3rd or 4th line winger role sounds good to me. I think they could use the experience with their young guns and both teams need to be in the playoffs already.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Mason was hurt a lot last year. He’s getting paid so I imagine he waits till he finds a good situation. Jets should of just kept him honestly. They have the space and an unproven backup

Lehtonen May take more money overseas

yes, what a strange deal.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
yes, what a strange deal.

Jets needed to move that contract out. They don't/didn't have space for it. They currently have about $10.2 in cap space. We have 3.7 in bonuses that players will likely earn leaving $6.5 tops to lock up Morrissey long term without inuring a cap overage penalty. Mason's $4.1 he was owed this year is nowhere near to fitting. We basically sold Armia to the Habs to buy out Mason because we don't even have cap space to absorb the buyout cost without it forcing us to bridge Morrissey.

Jets will claim McElhinney or Sparks from the Leafs when the season starts and will have a backup that can provide at least the same .906 that Mason put up for us last year for less than a quarter of the cost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad