PGT: Relegation round: Game 23 | Kazakhstan 4 - Denmark 3 (Kazakhstan leads series 1-0)

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Agreed. He better find his game in the 2nd half of the junior season

He has a .931 through 19 games in the WHL. He just can't let this tournament affect his game when he goes back. I'd imagine more scouts will be focused on his play in the WHL than with a small sample size in a tournament where his team will always struggle to stay in games.

Reactions: NLRAIDERS

Newfoundland

Jun 19, 2016
Newfoundland
Is this Kazkah's first win in top tier? Congrats to them! Good save by Yermeryvev to save the game, and Soogard looked very discouraged at the end

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Is this Kazkah's first win in top tier? Congrats to them! Good save by Yermeryvev to save the game, and Soogard looked very discouraged at the end

First win ever you mean? Because that’s a no, they’ve had a few wins including beating Canada before in a 7th place game

Reactions: kaiser matias

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
He has a .931 through 19 games in the WHL. He just can't let this tournament affect his game when he goes back. I'd imagine more scouts will be focused on his play in the WHL than with a small sample size in a tournament where his team will always struggle to stay in games.

I think and the poster can correct me, as it's what I'm seeing, Sogaard is showing some mechanical flaws in his game. It's not the sv% or gaa or team in front of him. Not focusing on any score and just watching him is going to raise some red flags. I do agree, it's a small sample size but this is one tournament that gets a lot more eyes on a prospect, how he played this tourny and his skills displayed will come up in team draft discussions and will influence minds.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
rondbjerg is the best player out there, no doubt about it, but this plillip schultz guy isnt bad either. with more puck luck he could easily have 2 or 3 goals already at this tournament.

anyway, IMO team denmark takes G2 and we'll see who wants it more in G3

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Didn't watch the game but looking at the gamesheet on TSN.....how did Kazakhstan get an empty-netter halfway through the 3rd? Danes pulled their goalie that early? :help:

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
I think and the poster can correct me, as it's what I'm seeing, Sogaard is showing some mechanical flaws in his game. It's not the sv% or gaa or team in front of him. Not focusing on any score and just watching him is going to raise some red flags. I do agree, it's a small sample size but this is one tournament that gets a lot more eyes on a prospect, how he played this tourny and his skills displayed will come up in team draft discussions and will influence minds.

I don't disagree that this will happen, I just disagree that it should (not that you're claiming that, I just mean in general). I haven't had the chance yet to watch any of his Medicine Hat games and so I can't speak to his level of play there, but I've read good things and his stats back that up. I have noticed a few flaws in his games at the tournament, but he moves pretty well for his size, and I think there's a lot to like. I've just read a lot of comments online during this tournament stating how disappointed people are with his play here, and I think it's sort of silly to weigh anything heavily when you play for a low level team at this sort of exhibition.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Didn't watch the game but looking at the gamesheet on TSN.....how did Kazakhstan get an empty-netter halfway through the 3rd? Danes pulled their goalie that early? :help:
It wasn't an empty-netter. Well Sogaard was nowhere near making the save but still.

Not bad at all for the "worst WJC over the last decade".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad