PGT: Relegation round: Game 23 | Kazakhstan 4 - Denmark 3 (Kazakhstan leads series 1-0)

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Relegation-1.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2019 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

kazakhstan-2190-png.168451

Kazakhstan
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Denis Karatayev (G)
Vladislav Nurek (G)
Demid Yeremeyev (G)

Defensemen:
Samat Daniyar (D)
Yaroslav Khripkov (D)
Artyom Korolyov (D)
David Muratov (D)
Ernar Musabayev (D)
Valeri Orekhov (D)
Yevgeni Shinkaretsky (D)

Forwards:
Oleg Boiko (F)
Andrei Buyalsky (F)
Sayan Daniyar (C)
Ruslan Dyomin (F)
Artur Gatiyatov (F)
Dias Guseinov (F)
Davyd Makutsky (F)
Dmitri Mitenkov (F)
Batyrlan Muratov (F)
Maxim Musorov (F)
Danil Tretyakovsky (F)
Ivan Vereshchagin (F)
Aidos Zhorabek (F)

Scratched:

full

Denmark
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
#31 Albert Adamsen (G)
#1 William Rørth (G)
#30 Mads Søgaard (G)

Defensemen:
#8 Daniel Andersen (D)
#6 Victor Andersen (D)
#4 Lasse Holm Mortensen (D)
#2 Magnus Koch (D)
#25 Oscar Schulze (D)
#3 Malte Setkov (D)
#7 Jeppe Urup Mogensen (D)

Forwards:
#17 Lucas Andersen (LW/RW)
#20 Lukas Bach Nielsen (RW)
#10 Jonathan Brinkman (LW)
#29 Victor Cubars (RW)
#19 Christoffer Gath (C/LW)
#21 Gustav Green (C)
#22 Andreas Grundtvig (LW/RW)
#13 Oliver Kjær (RW)
#23 David Madsen (C/RW)
#24 Emil Marcussen (C/RW)
#16 Jonas Røndbjerg (LW/RW)
#27 Phillip Schultz (C)
#18 Jakob Wittendorf (C/RW)

Scratched:

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
hopefully the danes can pull it off.. I like there story of being up for 5 years make it 6 ! :D

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Step 1: Score your first goal of the tournament
Step 2: Win 2 games and avoid relegation

I think the Danes are probably still the favorites here, but their roster is weaker than it has been in the past and the complete non existance of scoring scares me considering the Kazakh goalies have played well and they've managed to pot a few goals

Reactions: hockey20000

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I think the Danes are probably still the favorites here, but their roster is weaker than it has been in the past and the complete non existance of scoring scares me considering the Kazakh goalies have played well and they've managed to pot a few goals

I agree with this. The Danes have been unbelievably bad, but Kazakhstan seems to be the worst team I have seen at the WJC this decade. Could go either way with how bad Denmark is playing, but they should pull this off if the team comes together.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Despite them keeping Sweden from scoring more than four goals yesterday (which was mostly about Sweden being flat out bad and missing a ton of players), Kazakhstan is easily the worst team I have seen in this tournament, and I don’t really think its all that close.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
no matter who stays up... I think next year germany will be the one who stays up :P just a prediction.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Despite them keeping Sweden from scoring more than four goals yesterday (which was mostly about Sweden being flat out bad and missing a ton of players), Kazakhstan is easily the worst team I have seen in this tournament, and I don’t really think its all that close.

I think this iteration of denmark is worse

Reactions: smitty10

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I think Denmark will be relegated for the first time in a while. How can anyone say they've been better than Kazakhstan? Denmark hasn't scored a goal whole tournament.
They haven't scored but the Kazakhs have nothing like the defenses they faced in the round robin.

Not predicting blowouts but I think the Danes are superior in pretty much every area. They will play the games though...my pontificating means little.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
No Tv...relegation has never been televised but I honestly don't see why they wouldn't....typically quite spirited and competitive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad