Speculation: Reinhart is likely the top forward on the Sabres board

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Fair enough, although I think he is a bit more robust than people give him credit for. In his rookie year, he didn't miss any games and last year he only missed 11 games. Many players take runs at him and he is very adept at avoiding contact and is very elusive and manages to almost never take bit hits. I don't remember the groin injury but his nose injury was in game 7 when the chips were down and he got drilled from behind into the crossbar on a partial breakaway. It drew a 5 minute major and could have been the difference in putting the Fronts over the top in that series. Long story short, I'm not sure he's as reckless as some people make him out to be. But for sure he has to put on some muscle.

He isn't near as physical or reckless as people seem to think, he is first and foremost a skill player, he just so happens to compete every shift and will do what it takes. When I watched him live this year I don't think he really put himself in a dangerous position all game and never really was physical. If anything he is just a puck hound who is hard on his stick, he isn't looking to be a physical player. I don't think he is all that different then Claude Giroux in the way he competes and plays to win, Giroux is smaller then he is and hasn't missed much time due to injury. It's not a concern with me more than any other player.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Just read Sportsnet's new magazine which has a draft preview in it. Bennett is #1 while Reinhart was 5th. The scout stated that Reinhart didn't make any of the players around him better. Who the hell has the scout been watching?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Just read Sportsnet's new magazine which has a draft preview in it. Bennett is #1 while Reinhart was 5th. The scout stated that Reinhart didn't make any of the players around him better. Who the hell has the scout been watching?

Link? I actually don't believe a scout would say that.

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Ranking Reinhart 5th is fine and dandy if you want to buy into the upside of other players, but that scout's statement is crazy. :shakehead

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara

Wow. I cant believe these guys are now the home of hockey for the next 12 years here in canada.. Just ugly hate sportsnet.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Link? I actually don't believe a scout would say that.

It was a physical copy of the magazine which you have to subscribe to. The only thing I could find online is the picture of the magazine if anyone sees it at a store.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/magazine/

Ritchie was ranked 3rd.

They never name the scout but he said that Reinhart gets docked a mark for his skating and that he doesn't make the players around him better while Bennett does.

The skating I can see when compared to someone like Bennett who is explosive but the other statement is just idiotic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad