Reimer's wife is starting a campaign against cyber bullying

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
joke. why does she even have a public twitter? she should just have a private one.

IMO, shes just an attention *****. Like other posters have said, no one even knows the names of other hockey wives.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
She can go off social networking all she wants, people are calling her at home! Whether or not the threats are made in serious confidence (which I doubt they were) the emotional impact of living in fear is real whether you believe it or not. Fame? That's a load of bull.

How is her number accessible? Celebrities have unlisted numbers because this is normal.

If anything this campaign could be useful for other players wifes as a lesson in what not to do.

NYRangerFan*

I wish facebook and twitter would get shut down forever

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
Freedom of expression :naughty: if you don't like it then tell your husband to retire simple as that. Being an NHL goalie is one of the most high pressure jobs out there and it's what he signed up for. If he can't handle it and repeatedly lets leafs fans down, then he should just stop playing. No millionaire couple is getting my sympathy especially one who for the most part deserves all the criticism :laugh:

Are you being serious

this has nothing to do with reims playin bad. She was getting death threats. over a ****ing game that her husband plays

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
How is her number accessible? Celebrities have unlisted numbers because this is normal.

If anything this campaign could be useful for other players wifes as a lesson in what not to do.

I don't know. People have their sources.

Do what? Not date public figures?

Lol Im so done with HFB. What a joke this place has become

I don't post as much as I used to. There's just too many...well I'll leave it there.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
In a perfect world there would be nobody making threats to her but there also wouldn't be people making millions and others living on the street.

People will care more about a rich hot chick with nothing to do all day than somebody who faces real threats and barely makes it day to day.

Arthur

Jun 8, 2012
She has free time because of husband millions? :help:
Umm, well she mentioned how she has lots of free time in the article. But then again, it's not exclusive to millionaire hockey player wives now is it?

It's a good cause, i suppose, but i don't really see how is this going to resolve any problems at all. There are hundreds, thousands even, of kids, teens and adults cyber-bullied every single day. But what are you gonna do about it ,in this liberal, free speech society? Should the police lock up everyone who has expressed any aggressiveness and malice towards another human being in the world wide web?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Lol Im so done with HFB. What a joke this place has become
So dramatic. :laugh: You got twitter? Maybe update your facebook status?

In a perfect world there would be nobody making threats to her but there also wouldn't be people making millions and others living on the street.

People will care more about a rich hot chick with nothing to do all day than somebody who faces real threats and barely makes it day to day.

So much this.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
not sure which is worse the likely adults doing this, or the pre puberty kids sending death threats out over a clown like bieber

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Umm, well she mentioned how she has lots of free time in the article. But then again, it's not exclusive to millionaire hockey player wives now is it?

It's a good cause, i suppose, but i don't really see how is this going to resolve any problems at all. There are hundreds, thousands even, of kids, teens and adults cyber-bullied every single day. But what are you gonna do about it ,in this liberal, free speech society? Should the police lock up everyone who has expressed any aggressiveness and malice towards another human being in the world wide web?

So the solution is to ****ing ignore it? Is that the ticket then? What do you propose she do to help spread the word? Please, share it with us.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010

So, those were fake threats? What's a fake threat, and how can you tell a fake threat from a real one in typed words?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
So the solution is to ****ing ignore it? Is that the ticket then? What do you propose she do to help spread the word? Please, share it with us.

Why does she need to be a martyr and spread the world? There was a young girl from BC whos suicide created a huge awareness of social media/internet anonymity and how real the effects can be.

You know what the lesson from Amanda Todd's story is? Do not share everything over the internet! There are bad people on the internet.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Its about common sense though. When you are a celebrity the privilege of anonymity is gone. Don't like the negative attention? Don't make yourself accessible via a google search, for one.

It would be great if we could start a campaign that just made everyone nice people but I don't have to tell you how naive that is.

April Reimer isn't the only wife of a crappy goalie. She's the only one we hear about though.

Well, officer, she was wearing that short skirt to the party, so I just assumed she was willing...

No one should have to put up with that under any circumstances. It's wrong, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad