Player Discussion Reid Boucher

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Nice work! Who's going down?
Megna was sent down on the weekend I think...
just rotating the vets for the pressbox so we don't creep up too close to the 30-day-on-NHL-roster mark with them - in which case they are open to waivers to be sent back down. Save them for in case we really need em.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Megna was sent down on the weekend I think...
just rotating the vets for the pressbox so we don't creep up too close to the 30-day-on-NHL-roster mark with them - in which case they are open to waivers to be sent back down. Save them for in case we really need em.

at least Boucher can add some offense as opposed to Chaput and Megna

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Leading scorer in Ahl.
Benched for biega at forward......
Wtf is with canucks coaches playing defensemen over ACTUAL forwards.

Reactions: Tryamkin

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
He is Jason Krog-esque...aka elite AHLer, not an NHLer at all.

He won't ever stick

Hard to stick when you don't even get a chance to show your worth. Getting sat for a defenseman to play forward is a slap in the face. Why even bring him up if you're going to do that. I mean, the dude is on a tear in the minors, least we could do is give the guy a look.

Biega needs to be playing defense because he is actually useful there.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Hard to stick when you don't even get a chance to show your worth. Getting sat for a defenseman to play forward is a slap in the face. Why even bring him up if you're going to do that. I mean, the dude is on a tear in the minors, least we could do is give the guy a look.

Biega needs to be playing defense because he is actually useful there.

I usually agree with the idea of see what we've got, but I think we know what we have with Boucher...not much. He's not even that young. If Goldobin was sitting, that would be more concerning.

I am a fan of Biega being in the lineup, regardless of how. Very useful player. When we're fully healthy, it will be hard to keep him in, but still a very useful #7D.

It's not uncommon for teams to roll 7D at times when injuries hit, as I'm sure you know. Given the Canucks current forward depth with Horvat, Baertschi, Sutter out and Dorsett and Burmistrov gone, I didn't mind the move. We're weren't missing anything in Boucher.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Boucher is a classic NHL-AHL 'tweener'.....and obviously Green isn't sold on him....why else would they call Chaput up and play him instead of the Comets leading scorer against the Kings?.....he has a lethal shot, but not sure he can get to the NHL as a one-trick pony.

He's been on waivers already this season and was available to Vegas in the EA....no takers.....I like Boucher's game and actually hope he makes it somewhere....but not likely to happen in VanCity.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Actually, you can see Boucher is making progress.....definitely harder on the puck and seems to be in better shape.....you could definitely see it more stamina late in his shifts.....not ready to give up on him yet.

Reactions: krutovsdonut

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
He should be back next season if we don’t see him again this season. Does this also mean somebody is healthy (Gaunce or Granlund?)

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
He should be back next season if we don’t see him again this season. Does this also mean somebody is healthy (Gaunce or Granlund?)
Boucher had to be sent back down by 2:00 pm on Saturday or he would be subject to waivers again. Green said that he expects Gagner to be ready to play on Tuesday.

Reactions: tyhee

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Boucher had to be sent back down by 2:00 pm on Saturday or he would be subject to waivers again. Green said that he expects Gagner to be ready to play on Tuesday.
Too bad. Gagner should be waver wire material

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad