Player Discussion Reid Boucher

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
There was a poster or two here who were pretty disappointed when we didn't take him on waivers last time

What does anybody know about him?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Whoa, what? We actually claimed someone? Madness!

Boucher's been around the waiver block this year for sure; seems like a capable AHL player/depth NHL player.

Wonder if the plan is to try and sneak him down to Utica or, more hopefully, keep him as a depth player and return one of Megna or Chaput.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
He seemed to be on a 40 point pace last year and was a PPG in the AHL

Is he terrible defensively or something? Getting cushy minutes?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
He seemed to be on a 40 point pace last year and was a PPG in the AHL

Is he terrible defensively or something? Getting cushy minutes?

His shot generation has been elite, but his shot suppression has been awful. He's kind of all over the map in his short NHL career. Albeit these are off of a very small sample size, this seems to be a player who could still go either way.

I like the pickup, simply because why not? It's a free asset, and if nothing more it helps provide some depth in the AHL by allowing us to send down Chaput or Megna.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
His shot generation has been elite, but his shot suppression has been awful. He's kind of all over the map in his short NHL career. Albeit these are off of a very small sample size, this seems to be a player who could still go either way.

I like the pickup, simply because why not? It's a free asset, and if nothing more it helps provide some depth in the AHL by allowing us to send down Chaput or Megna.

Maybe blanket him with Tanev since we're in desperate need of offence from the back end? Or I wonder if there's a chance to try him at forward since he has such a good quick shot

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Might have some untapped potential but at the very least he should be no worse than Megna/Chaput which means we can send one of them down to help out the farm.

Good job Jimbo

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
There was a poster or two here who were pretty disappointed when we didn't take him on waivers last time

What does anybody know about him?

Positives:
Nose for the net, good shot, strong on the puck, a knack for finding open areas

Negatives:
Weak skater, inconsistent, can disappear at times, defensive issues, not mentally strong enough for NHL(yet)

This is a good move for the Nucks. Most of his deficiencys can be worked on and made better, he can really look at a guy like Burrows as a mentor or Horvat for work ethic and he can maybe put it all together. He still has plenty of potential and room to grow. I would have rather us send him down for a bit before cracking our makeshift lineup.

Have him Megna, Chaput, Rodin and Skille fight for roster spots. Maybe this way Rodin won't make the requirements for the expansion draft if we resign him before hand.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Does this say anything about Burrows' injury?

If it's unrelated,, then it's a good sign that Benning is appempting to upgrade on the 4th line. There is just no production there at all.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Whoa, what? We actually claimed someone? Madness!

Boucher's been around the waiver block this year for sure; seems like a capable AHL player/depth NHL player.

Wonder if the plan is to try and sneak him down to Utica or, more hopefully, keep him as a depth player and return one of Megna or Chaput.

If they're going to try and sneak him down to Utica, New Jersey will likely just claim him again and do this all over. I'd say it's much more likely one of Megna or Chaput ends up back in Utica.

As for Boucher, I don't know a ton about him but he does have a deadly shot. At worst, he could be a useful option on the powerplay. Unfortunately, the rest of his game is pretty subpar and I'm not sure there's much of a player here, but I'm glad we're finally rolling the dice on someone like this rather than dressing AHLers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad